I need help to get out of B+!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Airi, while I agree whole heartedly with your post, you need to realize he's an Aerospray user that complains about people inking turf near the base, which means the primary role of an Aerospray user (inking) isn't what he's doing with it. Therefore he isn't playing his proper role in the team and thus bringing them down. I'd honestly be surprised if he read your entire post and took any of it seriously.
To be honest.... I was getting bored reading the thread so I only read halfway down the first page before deciding to comment. I saw his comment about that earlier this morning when I actually had the gumption to go back and read the entire thing haha. x) Ah~ It was worth a try at least. :P

Echolocator is not useful in small maps like Piranha Pit since you can see all the enemies. For me it was only useful in Saltspray and maybe Urchin because they can hide and splat you out of nowhere.
Piranha Pit is a far cry from being a small map - even when it comes to Ranked. Splat Zones is an absolute nightmare on Piranha because people in higher ranks enjoy taking over the entire sides to give themselves more room to sneak. :confused: Echolocator can be fairly useful on any map really. There's no possible way that you can keep an eye on all four enemy players unless you are a Hydra Splatling, Splat Charger, or E-Liter. I specify these three weapons because we are often on perches and can see most from up there. Even so, it is hard for us to keep an eye on all four enemies due to how many ways they can sneak past us without us noticing.

That's where Echo comes in handy, you know? There are many small corners on every map including Piranha. Players who use things like the Carbon Roller like to hide in these corners and cause ambushes. Things like Echo and Point Sensor help call out these players and make it easier for the team to overcome them since they can't hide..... And it's just fun to watch everyone scatter when you tag them. :P

As for tower control, it is important to have area control but doing only that isn't helpful at all. Sometimes it is good to get up on the tower, you know... People are afraid to do that
Not everyone belongs on the tower though. I can fully understand the frustration with Tower Control. During squads, I love using the Hydra Splatling. It is an excellent weapon for Tower Control but I cannot get on the tower. I don't belong there as a Hydra. The unfortunate part of solo Ranked is that many don't want to get on the tower, so it's a gamble to use the Hydra and I'll often choose the Heavy for that reason. People just don't like getting on the tower overall. Anyone can understand that frustration. ^.^"

However, map control is still essential. Some weapons, it is their role to control the map.... You ARE using one of those weapons and you need to understand that. If you can't, you do need to change weapons because you cannot accurately fulfill your job if you don't think map control is important. When I'm using an Inkbrush Nouveau on Tower Control, I'm often switching between keeping map control and being on the tower. As a fast weapon, map control is my job. Even if Tower Control. But my Bubbler and Ink Mines help with the tower so it's a good thing for me to jump on once map control has been establish. Same for you. You're a fast weapon and map control is your strong suit. Once control is established, you can jump on the tower.

Failing to control the map is devestating in Tower Control because it means more opportunities for the other team to sneak up on you with. It makes it easier for them to regain the tower and harder for your team to know where they're coming from.

G

girigiriHERO

alright, i get responding to OP's rudeness, but this is just unfair. you don't need to stay here and mock them, seriously.
Fair enough. What I was implying is obviously they don't find their regular updates on their Ranked status interesting as they're the ones posting them.

G

girigiriHERO

@Brianstorm what gear do you use and with which weapons?
He more than likely will say any advice you give him is "bullying" him and ask this thread to be locked like he has multiple times prior. All we've gathered is he's an Aerospray user who thinks rushing the crowd (rather than inking) is what an Aerospray user is suppose to do, and there in lies the main problem. Many people have given his quality advice but he doesn't listen and takes it as a personal attack on him rather than general "how to play Splatoon ranked" advice.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Dude, have you tried using the Aero MG yet? You can actually take out snipers with that kit using Inkzooka. Seekers put a hit on your ink consumption but they are far better than mines.

The Aero RG is very easy to use but can do so little. Or maybe you can give that new Aerospray a try!

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
This whole thread looks like a troll now. It's a pity because there were such awesome answers at first.

Anyway, some people here, myself included, can see a lot of problems in what you (the author) said. You're overestimating yourself, and it's kinda typical. Basically you lose because of lag, rotation, teammates or whatever. Don't find excuses. Even if your mates are responsible for 99% of the loss, find YOUR mistakes, because that will help you, and only that. Don't care about your mates and accept the fact that sometimes, you'll lose because your mates needed someone too incredible. And accept the fact that's it's not the case in most of the games.

Anyway, I can't take seriously any player saying he is doing good in turf war because he inked [so many] points. It shows a lack of strategical understanding, and it's so common in lower ranks. A good turf player should not say "I've inked that many points", he would say "I controlled that strategic area the whole game" or "I killed every guy trying to take this spot" for example. If you want a high score in turf, here is a tip: play bad. You need your opponent to take control so that you can turf more, so help your opponent and don't kill them. This way you'll be able to have very high score, congratulations. I personnally tried to carry teams in splatfest while doing the lowest possible turf score, and that was a nice challenge. 298 (+300) is my record on teams that really needed me.

Another thing (yeah another ATTACK): you pretended to come to have tips on how to get better. But that's not the truth. What I see is that you went to cry and ask for S+ players to carry you to the S rank. Nice way to improve indeed.

Basically: you have a problem, you don't want to change any little thing in what you do ingame, but you want a different outcome. Seems legit. Let's do 100 times the same thing, just to see if the 100th will be any different.

If you're serious about getting better, then just try the advice you received. There are many valuable. Try other weapons, try to understand the differences in how they're played, try to understand the important things in the game. Pay more attention at what the game is than how well your mates are doing. It's obvious they're not doing that well. If they were, they wouldn't be playing with you. Most of the time they're not too far from your level, even if you deny it.

Njok

Bouncer
The post above me hit a home run. I don't want to close this thread because there is actually some solid advice given for players stuck in whatever rank.

However, please keep your posts civil people. Don't let the salt outweigh the good parts of this thread. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
My previous sarcasm aside, you make a fair point, herr moderator. It begs the question though, how civil can it be when much of the salt comes from the original poster?

Brianstorm

Senior Squid
NNID
Scizor711
I asked for someone to team up with me and only one person actually did, I am dropping out to A- now because all I can find are ****ty team mates with no techniques, I can only do so much. I'm not gonna take all the blame for the losses, after all there the team has four players, not one.

How about you save your advices and personal attacks after we play so you can judge me? I don't like this "you're a terrible player and your weapon sucks" **** y'all are trying to pin on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom