• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I Really Hope 'Splatdashing' Isn't An Effective Strategy.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
When data inevitably gets posted showing that's there's no advantage over just going forward in ink for speed or it's actually slower, people will still argue that it is/going to be a viable 'tech.'

All my years of gaming and people will always claim something is beneficial and even if it is, you don't need to do it to be good at a game. The game that is a decade old that so many Klingon's hang onto is its own beast, let that ish stay in the Melee and get with 2015 and Splatoon.

Lefty

Nice la~
People are just getting really hyped and want to find exploits before anyone else is all. We literally only had what, 2 hours if we played during both timeframes? It's just silly.
I personally think people should just ignore these "techs" till the game officially comes out and we can play the game for hours and hours nonstop.
For other games(I'll use Dota 2 as an example), it took professional players a whole month after an update to find a strong strategy that soon most top teams abused. A month! 2 hours of play and claiming to find some sick "techs" that will improve gameplay is just silly, in my opinion.

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
This is really lame
He just tried inventing the next thing
The name isn't even original
Maybe this is a joke... This is very uneffective and it makes me dizzy the screen goes in and out nonstop
Anyway inking a path to distance swimming in it and then repeating once gotten to the end of it is much much more effective

This is either a joke or either just an idiot that tried being cool in a very unoriginal way
Video Maker here again. First of all, I feel pretty offended by you calling me an idiot.
Next, if you actually read the comments, I wrote that I didn't find this tech at all. It actually was found be a user on here, I just visualized it for him. I had no clue that this isn't viable.

Lastly, there is no point in getting aggressive and calling out people over stuff like this. Anyways, I myself now think it's pretty useless as well.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
This is really lame
He just tried inventing the next thing
The name isn't even original
Maybe this is a joke... This is very uneffective and it makes me dizzy the screens goes in and out nonstop
Anyway inking a path swimming in it and then repeating is much much more effective

This is either a joke or either just an idiot that tried being cool in a very unoriginal way
Video Maker here again. First of all, I feel pretty offended by you calling me an idiot.
Next, if you actually read the comments, I wrote that I didn't find this tech at all. It actually was found be a user on here, I just visualized it for him. I had no clue that this isn't viable.

Lastly, there is no point in getting aggressive and calling out people over stuff like this. Anyways, I myself now think it's pretty useless as well.
I didn't think you'll see it, sorry
I also commented on the youtube video, sorry about that too I guess I got angry
I don't think this is a good tech, I'm sorry if I offend you, please read the comments from Eyal Oged knowing that I'm sorry - ok?
And yeah then if you weren't the one who found it then the one who did is the one I'm talking about
He tried really hard to have his name written on the next big thing and it's pretty pathetic

Last edited:

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
The one flaw i see with this strategy is that it doesn't seem to cover up an effective amount of space. When the player transformed back into human form, they only shot about twice before entering back into the ink.

Smooth Criminal

Full Squid
Tbh I see this "splatdashing" thing more as an extension of the game's natural movement, anyways. It is kinda silly to label...

...but I don't think the pursuit to cultivate the game in ways that optimize/enhance your performance should be demonized, either.

Whatever floats your boat.

Smooth Criminal

Jenna Zant

Inkling
This looks like Perfect Pivoting. It's not something you'd do all the time, it's something you'd use to lead into something else.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Tbh I see this "splatdashing" thing more as an extension of the game's natural movement, anyways. It is kinda silly to label...

...but I don't think the pursuit to cultivate the game in ways that optimize/enhance your performance should be demonized, either.

Whatever floats your boat.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah, I found this by myself just playing around with the games controls. Using this and the splathop were just fun regardless of effectiveness, same with discussing how it can be used. For some reason doing research on which one is faster also sounds kind of fun in a strange way, hopefully the main game lets you exit and reenter the tutorial in the middle of it so I can do that (otherwise I'll just use the single player mode for it, after beating the first level of course).

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
For me, it doesn't seem to useful for me. Cool concept though.

Just A. Hunch

Inkster Jr.
I don't know. That is how some people have fun. They look for things to test their skills that will give them an edge. I'm not about to tell them to not do the thing that brings them enjoyment in a game so that I can have more fun.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It reminds me of 'Fire Hopping' form MK8. Hopefully, it doesn't give too much of an advantage.

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
seems flashy and such but under pressure of in the middle of a game, could easily be nullified like with a bomb or whatever.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
You hold down a button and mash an other. I don't see the complaints that this is something that would be like firehopping.

Personally I'm all for something that will help. Course I can't judge for myself if it's actually useful yet.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
"Splatdashing" man that sounds silly. I was doing that during the second test I guess? It seems sort of useful but it's VERY situational

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
It reminds me of 'Fire Hopping' form MK8. Hopefully, it doesn't give too much of an advantage.
Firehopping was actually effective and made a huge difference in high level play. This just seems like some desperate attempt to try and legitimize Splatoon as some hardcore technical shooter even though we haven't had an opportunity to test it out properly. Don't start panicking, folks.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Firehopping was actually effective and made a huge difference in high level play. This just seems like some desperate attempt to try and legitimize Splatoon as some hardcore technical shooter even though we haven't had an opportunity to test it out properly. Don't start panicking, folks.
I honestly don't even see the point in doing it. Yeah you become a harder target to aim at but you still get damaged from the enemy's ink in the first place. Firehopping is way more useful though I agree.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I don't think it is that useful, a charger shooting a lane could probably move that fast already, if this wasn't a team game it might have been more useful, the only benefit I see is that you might be harder to hit, aside from this not very impressive (so far).

You aren't really inking the most territory possible also, which is what gets you points, your special takes longer to fill, obviously you wouldn't be doing this during the entire match, but the moments where it would be useful seem very minimal. Personally I don't think it will take off, SplatHopping seems more useful to get out of enemy territory, but I also don't feel it helps much with movement (again chargers are really great to make you reach a point fast).

Burnsy

Inkling
NNID
BurnsyPM
I don't think it's some game-breaking tech that's going to be the dominant strategy of splatter users, but just because it covers ground less effectively doesn't mean it's useless either.

The added mobility when used with switching directions and momentarily making your hitbox smaller might make you a more elusive target when you get into a confrontation with the enemy. You can't normally move this fast while also shooting, and I think that is a notable benefit. Like the gameonion said, it seems more useful as a defensive tactic. Not something you'll be using the entire match, as it appears like he may be doing in his video demonstration.

Also, as a sidenote, I don't really understand why some people are so strongly "anti-tech", no matter what that tech is. If you don't like a technique then just don't use it, there's no need to get your panties twisted, especially when we don't even know how it's going to affect the meta in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom