if this isn’t enough proof, then I don’t know what is

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
You see what you expect to see.

When I played through Side Order, I didn't see any reason to believe that they are lesbian, trans, whatever. In my eyes, they are good friends who like to do things with each other. Such as making music. None of this dialogue gives me any reason to think differently.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
You see what you expect to see.

When I played through Side Order, I didn't see any reason to believe that they are lesbian, trans, whatever. In my eyes, they are good friends who like to do things with each other. Such as making music. None of this dialogue gives me any reason to think differently.
aw yes, i love sleeping with my good friend every night.

Last edited:

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I personally believe that they're a couple, but Nintendo will never confirm it :frown:

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I personally believe that they're a couple, but Nintendo will never confirm it :frown:
yea. i feel like it would be weird if nintendo confirmed anything out of nowhere instead of just doing it from the start

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
it is so implied by their dialogue in side order and the posts by marina we get from the lockers (im so far out of it with social media so i dont know what it was supposed to be) that it basically is confirmed, to the point where it looks like they are specifically trying to show us that they are a couple

also nintendo hasn’t done any lgbt rep until this point, they are trying their best (i think they are doing a good job)

before side order i was just like ok it’s a little implied but after side order how can you possibly think they aren’t

Cephalobro

I still don't think that's confirmed. There's a difference between love and admiration, and that to me, sounds more like admiration. Nintendo would probably not confirm it, and they simply won't make a Splatfest about it because the Splatfest will most likely be about Deep Cut anyways.

Also, admiration is a lot more platonic than what many may believe.

Last edited:

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
it is so implied by their dialogue in side order and the posts by marina we get from the lockers (im so far out of it with social media so i dont know what it was supposed to be) that it basically is confirmed, to the point where it looks like they are specifically trying to show us that they are a couple

also nintendo hasn’t done any lgbt rep until this point, they are trying their best (i think they are doing a good job)

before side order i was just like ok it’s a little implied but after side order how can you possibly think they aren’t
Nintendo is very clearly trying to leave it unclear. Pearl and Marina definitely have some sort of relationship with each other, but it's up to interpretation whether that relationship is romantic or not.

These lines of dialogue are intentional, but they're intentionally ambiguous, and the devs have done a very good job at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom