if you could nerf

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Bamboozler splats ridiculously easy? The charger that takes 2 sniper shots instead of one? Yeah, I know about maxing dmg to 99 (typically via scumming, grrr) but if not doing that it would be nasty. Generally when you see a bambi on your team its time to cringe. Every now and then you get a surprise and theyre good. But there's only 2 types of bambi's. REALLY good and REALLY awful. If you're one of the few that can make the bambi a killing machine....whoa! I need lessons :p
The thing about bamboozler is that there are 3 (in a manner of speaking) methods of splatting an opponent. You can overstock on damage up and make a fully charged shot do 99.9 damage, that way there's a chance to OHKO. you can shoot a fully charged shot, and then an uncharged shot (total of 120 damage without Dam/Def up). Or you can do half charges, which is when you shoot two half charged shots at the enemy (the half charged shots do 55 damage, so 110 total damage without dam/def up). Some bamboozler mains prefer half chargers (like albino, a prime example of a really good bamboozler user) because then it's easier to land the second shot, while other prefer the second one i mentioned. The two shot might seem slow, but keep in mind that the weapon fully charges practically instantly, so fully charged shots could seem like one full splat charger shot. You can't really think of the bamboozler as a "charger". It is, but it kinda falls into it's own category, like blasters which are technically shooters. If you tried using it as a sniper, then you'll probably fail at that. It needs to be used as if it was a jet squelcher. I've been practicing with it for some time (still need practice) and when i play poorly, well then it shows, but when i'm having a good game (and by that i mean not missing my shots), the bambi's true color show. I've gotten K/D's in matches that catches me off guard sometimes. The problem is that this weapon is practically the hardest weapon to use in the game, because of it's thin ink trail and two-shot kill. but it's arguably one of the best weapons in the game, because of it's surprisingly quick time-to-kill, consistent long range at any charge (i think 4th-5th longest) perfect accuracy and nice mobility (run speed is pretty useful on this).

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Get rid of that one-second stall when a Splash Wall runs out of ink, so that it disappears right away. Make it so that when you throw a splat bomb or suction bomb at a Splash Wall, it instantly disappears, which would make it so that you can just throw a bomb + shoot and take out the user behind the wall and not get robbed because the Splash Wall stayed for longer than it should have.

Otherwise, I don't really have a problem with anything that I think needs a nerf.
that is more like fixing a bug =.= lol

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm not sure what to do with dynamo. I don't disagree with you at all, it's wickedly obnoxious with lag. And there's ALWAYS lag. I complained often that it needed nerfing due to the 45 degree arc of sudden death from half way across the map. And then I started playing dynamo and discovered it rarely ever kills ANYTHING unless you're on top of them and hit dead center. So it's a weapon that's both impossible to avoid AND impossible to kill anyone with reliably. I mean, yeah, I do kill well with it, but generally there's far more misses that shouldn't have missed than I'm comfortable with in use. But when oponents have it? I cant avoid it at all - and they seem to kill me BEFORE the wave animation half the time. If its nerfed it will be almost unuable, and yet it needs to be fixed - the only thing I can think of is NOT give it a 45 degree animatioin. Or make it hitscan like chargers.

Bamboozler splats ridiculously easy? The charger that takes 2 sniper shots instead of one? Yeah, I know about maxing dmg to 99 (typically via scumming, grrr) but if not doing that it would be nasty. Generally when you see a bambi on your team its time to cringe. Every now and then you get a surprise and theyre good. But there's only 2 types of bambi's. REALLY good and REALLY awful. If you're one of the few that can make the bambi a killing machine....whoa! I need lessons :p
Yes, I know what you are saying. I am terrible with the Dynamo, can rarely get kills, while opponents tend to wreck my teams with it. Dunno what is the deal with that, but as I said, I do know it is an obnoxious weapon to go against in laggy conditions, which are too common in Splatoon.

Oh, but it does. You don't need to charge two shots to splat and even if you did, the Bamboozler charges its shots real quick. All you need to do is fire a charged shot and tap the button again and then RIP opponent squid. Plus, it comes with fantastic sub and special... Well, the MK II, at least. Anyways, as Leronne said above, you don't play a Bamboozler the same way you play chargers, though I don't play it as a Squelcher either, I see it more as an alternative to Blasters somehow.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
How would someone nerf a dynamo? I think it's hard to use but fun to use when used good. Or getting crazy K/D's I don't find it nerf worthy because lag makes it OP. Without lag this weapon has enough problems, being slow at everything, being easy to hit when trying to hit you, bombs. So if if you would nerf this weapon for lag problems, it would be non-useable at non-lag matches! I think the game is based around not having crazy lag that makes dynamo's look like a "Tsunami of Destruction". But I'm gonna give you a example, why saying: OP in lag needs nerf, is pretty strange.

Oh god the lobby is filled with asian names. Okay the starting sequence lasted 14 seconds. Somebody's gonna disconnect or crazy lag. Hey the enemy team has a H-3! Cool! *Half-Way in the Match* Holy Macaroni, it looks like the person doesn't even have to tap ZR anymore. Omg H-3's are OP in lag!!! Nerf the H-3!

That sounded dumb right? Because it is. You don't nerf something because it's good in lag, if I'm butthurt of some crazy E-Litre killing from behind walls. Am i saying it needs a nerf? No. Atleast not because in lag it's OP it's pretty amazing without lag too. But that's not the point. Just say that you're butthurt of all the "Tidal Waves of Destruction" in Splatzones Kelp Dome. Not that the dynamo's needs a nerf because how good it is in lag.

Last edited:

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
How would someone nerf a dynamo? I think it's hard to use but fun to use when used good. Or getting crazy K/D's I don't find it nerf worthy because lag makes it OP. Without lag this weapon has enough problems, being slow at everything, being easy to hit when trying to hit you, bombs. So if if you would nerf this weapon for lag problems, it would be non-useable at non-lag matches! I think the game is based around not having crazy lag that makes dynamo's look like a "Tsunami of Destruction". But I'm gonna give you a example, why saying: OP in lag needs nerf, is pretty strange.

Oh god the lobby is filled with asian names. Okay the starting sequence lasted 14 seconds. Somebody's gonna disconnect or crazy lag. Hey the enemy team has a H-3! Cool! *Half-Way in the Match* Holy Macaroni, it looks like the person doesn't even have to tap ZR anymore. Omg H-3's are OP in lag!!! Nerf the H-3!

That sounded dumb right? Because it is. You don't nerf something because it's good in lag, if I'm butthurt of some crazy E-Litre killing from behind walls. Am i saying it needs a nerf? No. Atleast not because in lag it's OP it's pretty amazing without lag too. But that's not the point. Just say that you're butthurt of all the "Tidal Waves of Destruction" in Splatzones Kelp Dome. Not that the dynamo's needs a nerf because how good it is in lag.
adjusting the distance of what is 1 hit splat. There are some situations I found even in the test range where not direct facing (what other rollers can't get away with) that does 1 hit splat. So it is basically giving it the carbon treatment of making stricter distances of wide and far on what is supposed to be 1 hit splat, 2 hit splat, and 3 hit splat where damage up/defense up effect some borders, as always.

But you are right "nerfing" something just because of lag is dumb. It is the same thing with inkzuka (a lot of people want it "nerfed" because of lag hits.) However there can be ways if making "indirect" nerfs because of lag but it will apply to everything. Some ideas is stop treating rm/subs hit detection different then main weapon, stop the push effect when lag stops you running over someone, and stuff like that.

Last edited:

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
hmm, probably the splash damage of the blasters? Just a tad since its still kinda easy to get splatted by the splash damage. Everything else is fine; The game is quite balanced now, so even the dynamo doesn't feel quite as broken as it once did.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
hmm, probably the splash damage of the blasters? Just a tad since its still kinda easy to get splatted by the splash damage. Everything else is fine; The game is quite balanced now, so even the dynamo doesn't feel quite as broken as it once did.
You love it when you use it
Hate it when someone else does

Reactions: blu

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
You love it when you use it
Hate it when someone else does
haha, I guess so :p Although I have very little experience with blasters tbh. I only messed them, like, once testing them in the weapons gallery. Those Lunas though...they don't like me. :(

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
haha, I guess so :p Although I have very little experience with blasters tbh. I only messed them, like, once testing them in the weapons gallery. Those Lunas though...they don't like me. :(
Awwwww

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
blasters are slow in general unless you are referring to the luna only...

with luna it does seem it is too easy to splat in 2 hits because of the speed, it like it doesn't matter if you direct hit people, with others though you do have to have an idea where the blast will happen to hit people, since blasters do have "blind spots" so ya they do take talent to aim, so I am sure all the blasters are fine (though bit on the fence with luna)

before neo came out I felt having ink mines balanced them so I did not mind, but with splat bomb and rush... now i am not too sure...

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
You know how I said that I wouldn't nerf anything? Well... i've changed my mind. TENTATEK OP PLZ NERF!

Seriously though, i'm usually terrible in CQC. So when I go 17/6, 16/4, 19/6 etc on my least favorite map (Urchin), I know something's up. I just used it to get to S, and won every game I used it in. It's just too good all around.

I don't know how exactly i'd nerf it though. Maybe the mobility? Ink usage? Fire rate? I don't know about the range. I don't think nerfing the damage would do much, since all you need is a few damage up subs to counter.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
You know how I said that I wouldn't nerf anything? Well... i've changed my mind. TENTATEK OP PLZ NERF!

Seriously though, i'm usually terrible in CQC. So when I go 17/6, 16/4, 19/6 etc on my least favorite map (Urchin), I know something's up. I just used it to get to S, and won every game I used it in. It's just too good all around.

I don't know how exactly i'd nerf it though. Maybe the mobility? Ink usage? Fire rate? I don't know about the range. I don't think nerfing the damage would do much, since all you need is a few damage up subs to counter.
they nerfed the inkzuka a few times already from what i think just because of that weapon? and being a 4 hit with defense up still does not do much.

Splatoon on average needs slower splat rates (less damage per shot, charger slightly increase charge time) since the only thing that is suitable for this fast pace is lan.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future

I'm really not sure which is worse the TTK or the WallGals. The problem with the TTK is its ink runs forever and it does so much damage for it's rate of fire that it kills almost instantly while the weapon itself is overwhelmingly mobile. Add to that the suction bombs for zoning or the burst bombs for pressuring on vanilla, and the inkzooka or bomb rush to clear half the map.... and, yeah...

But it gets so much worse when you add lag and it becomes an ohko monstrosity.

they nerfed the inkzuka a few times already from what i think just because of that weapon? and being a 4 hit with defense up still does not do much.

Splatoon on average needs slower splat rates (less damage per shot, charger slightly increase charge time) since the only thing that is suitable for this fast pace is lan.
Yeah. Though the weapons have to kill slower, charger's more complicated. A slower charge, on its own, makes it annoying. Its VERY hard to hit fast moving targets, especially with lag added in, in your 3 allotted shots as it is on eliter. Assuming we're not talking about those 5-6 dmg up mains. And slowing its charge doesn't help the kill speed/lag problem if it just encourages snipers to go scopeless and hold their charge aiming into a wall. The only way it would work to do that would be to ALSO slow down character movement speed....which in terms of lag reduction issues is absolutely critical. It would reduce the amount of movement per packet allowing more dropped packets without teleportation, the bane of snipers.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
How would the Tentatek or any Splattershot get nerfed though? It's the most balanced gun. Flat mid-range stats in all categories. Every other shooter is defined by how it varies from the Splattershot.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
The Ttek's damage needs to be nerfed so it's a four shot kill. Always, no damage stacking. But def up can't bring a fifth. So always a four shot kill no matter what. They also need to tone down the fire rate a bit.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Yeah. Though the weapons have to kill slower, charger's more complicated. A slower charge, on its own, makes it annoying. Its VERY hard to hit fast moving targets, especially with lag added in, in your 3 allotted shots as it is on eliter. Assuming we're not talking about those 5-6 dmg up mains. And slowing its charge doesn't help the kill speed/lag problem if it just encourages snipers to go scopeless and hold their charge aiming into a wall. The only way it would work to do that would be to ALSO slow down character movement speed....which in terms of lag reduction issues is absolutely critical. It would reduce the amount of movement per packet allowing more dropped packets without teleportation, the bane of snipers.
i was saying if they slowed everything, so would chargers charge time, just a bit though (well depends how much slowing the others get) the non3ks have fast charge time, such as:
and I was using def set.... (meaning it was 95%+ charge complete, second splat hard to hear full charge beep) but may be hard to see from releasing like that.

There is something else to notice that may be hard to see watching this, but miss shots have purpose too. If I miss a shot I know opponent can't be there and it cuts off routes they can get away (very good to see when I was trying to splat that one person behind that wall) I miss first shot, then charge again forward, then turn aim when it was fully charge and I see where they are at. (time 3:44) So having a somewhat fast long distance charge time to make path/cut path is something to consider. I may not be S+ charger but I think I got a good skill level to know what they can do as a user of them. (highest is ranking up from A- to A off them)

Last edited:

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
well i had allot of free time this weekend to determine that i really really hate burst bombs end of story.

aviatsvi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
boatjello
I would make the Carbon Roller slightly slower, sometimes I feel like I have no time at all to defend myself. I know that's the point, but still it's too OP if the player knows how to use it.

This is coming from a level 28 player, so I understand if you disagree with me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom