• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ika Musume (Squid Girl) Costume Coming To Splatoon With August Patch!

Recently for an issue of Famitsu, a special collaboration illustration was included where Splatoon crosses over with the Manga Ika Musume (Squid Girl). For those who don't know the manga, it is a series by Masahiro Anbe that has been serialized since 2007. In it a cute Squid Girl sets out to take revenge on mankind for polluting the ocean. However she manages to accidentally do some damage to a beach house and must work as a waitress to pay off her debts and her unusual life on the surface begins from there.

Two other collaborative pictures were also released that you can see here and here. However there is even more exciting news! According to the picture taken from the magazine above it seems a special Ika Musume costume will be coming to Splatoon. It would appear to have a white dress and triangle hat just as the main character of the manga as well. It says it will be coming for free with an update in August. At this time the announcement only seems to pertain to Japan. Stay tuned to Squidboards for any news on it coming elsewhere!

-- Source

SmashCapps is very excited to see this incredibly unique crossover hit Splatoon, and hopes we can use the costume all over the world. To keep up with him and his writing antics follow him on Twitter.

Comments

On another note, is the Squid Girl anime good 'cause I'm thinking 'bout watching it at some point.

So I actually started watching the anime because of this announcement to see what all the hubbub was, and to my dismay, I actually am really enjoying it! I haven't really watched a lot of anime so my judgement might not be the best, but the characters are pretty great and the humor is not too bad either. I caught myself smirking and giggling a few times at the silly nature of it. Definitely not a show that takes itself too serious. Hope my insight was helpful! :)

I have only just learnt about Squid Girl a week ago and I can't stop watching the show. In other words, I love the show, her design and hope her DLC comes to the west. Please Nintendo make it happen

@Nutz_2010 Someone asked this question somewhere else on the web, and another replied that the product placement disclaimer refers to amiibo. Even though amiibo are owned by Nintendo, they are just being careful and covering their bases so they don't get sued. Though the general wording in the disclaimer could end up being able to pertain to things other than amiibo as well.
Oh, ok. I ain't gettin' my hopes up but let's wait until E3 or closer to the release date to know if it is worldwide.

So I actually started watching the anime because of this announcement to see what all the hubbub was, and to my dismay, I actually am really enjoying it! I haven't really watched a lot of anime so my judgement might not be the best, but the characters are pretty great and the humor is not too bad either. I caught myself smirking and giggling a few times at the silly nature of it. Definitely not a show that takes itself too serious. Hope my insight was helpful! :)
Hmm... It does seem interesting. I'll guess I shall watch it while I'm waiting for E3. Thanks! :D

Interesting indeed. Make Ika famous and make Splatoon famous. We would need a Squid boy to accompany Ms Ika on the Splatoonfield.

This is quite the surprise and a rather welcome one at that. Does remind me that I've been meaning to actually watch the anime a full way through for a while now.
Also, at this rate, Ink Jet Radio is looking less and less like just a pipe dream.
Someone else that thinks that this game screams Jet Set Radio! :O I listen to music from JSR almost everytime I play xD
JSR DLC would be so amazing I'd cry

Someone else that thinks that this game screams Jet Set Radio! :O I listen to music from JSR almost everytime I play xD
JSR DLC would be so amazing I'd cry
Actually, the thing that made me bring it up is because of JSR's music composer Hideki Naganuma being highly in desire for such a dream project. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

UPDATE: Does anyone remember back in the Global Testfire when starting the game up, it said 'This game may contain product placement and advertising.' I can understand 'advertising' as it is advertising the game but 'Product Placement'? There's currently no Product Placement in the game as of now... unless the N-Zap 85' counts and keep in mind that this one message was in all versions of the demo, America, UK, Japan, you name it! :confused:

Something smells squiddy around here... and it's not me.
Apparently in Japan they will be gerring a SplatFest time where they fight over which Maruchan brand ramen is better, Red Kitsune or Green Tanooki. There's your product placement right there.

I will be brutally hurt emotionally if this does not get a worldwide relase. It probably will. It'd be rude of Nintendo to not let people in NA or Europe play with this gear, since every Japanese player will be running around as Squid Girl the day of release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom