• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

im getting real tired of the aerospray

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
it seems like every single match theres at least 1 on each team and they are always number 1 effortlessly, the curling bomb rush seems a bit much for that weapon idk im just tired of everyone using it. anyone agree or no ?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
It's just easy points honestly. That's what I use it for, whenever I want to grind up a piece of gear, I pull out the Aerospray.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's just easy points honestly. That's what I use it for, whenever I want to grind up a piece of gear, I pull out the Aerospray.
Sadly, gear exp isn't tied to ink points anymore, which is a shame because you're dead on with this particular use for the Aerospray, that worked out great. And yeah, I'm tired of seeing these things too.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Sadly, gear exp isn't tied to ink points anymore, which is a shame because you're dead on with this particular use for the Aerospray, that worked out great.
Oh. Well... great, now I have no use for the thing. Farewell Aerospray.

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
If you're having trouble dealing with the Aerospray, you could use weapons such as the Splattershot Pro, Jet Squelcher, or Dualie Squelchers to out-range and zone out an Aerospray.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Honestly im so sick and tired of seeing Aerosprays that i genuinely picked up ranged weapons i wouldve otherwise left alone (jet, splatterpro) just so i can range bully them. I really dont care about their rate of fire. It's Curling Bomb Launcher that really gets me, particularly because how it can splat an Inkjet out of the sky, and because the Aerospray gets it so easily.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I moved on to Octobrush now, but is Aerospray good for Splat Zone?
I would imagine it's decent with it's curling bomb launcher to take the zone. i dont know if it's good at anything else for splat zones, though. and i frankly dont really wanna test it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It can be, but it's not ideal. The short range requires you to put yourself near or on the zone, where your death can paint it for the enemy, and you'll be at a disadvantage in straight combat.

dishwasher

Full Squid
I find the Splattershot Pro is the perfect companion for murking those pesky Aerosprayers. And if they come close, back up and shoot, simple as that.
As for the curling bombs, yeah they're annoying but they also make noise so you always have time to back out before all hell breaks loose.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
It can be, but it's not ideal. The short range requires you to put yourself near or on the zone, where your death can paint it for the enemy, and you'll be at a disadvantage in straight combat.
Didn't know you'd splat with ink coming out.

So if I use brush, I should stay outside when painting?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Didn't know you'd splat with ink coming out.

So if I use brush, I should stay outside when painting?
Yeah, when you die in this game you explode in a shower of the enemy's ink, not unlike a splat bomb. This can actually harm allies if they're right next to you. Fight around the zone, but at the same don't be afraid to go on it if an opportunity arises. Just, you know, be careful :P

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's the only mode outside of turf where it can be viable, at least in B and up lobbies. Aside from a one or two exceptions, it's basically been a death sentence to have if one is on a team in ranked. It just can't compete with most other weapons in terms of balance.

I would like to see more people move on from using it. It's a great weapon to learn how to play the game with, but it's so boring to have to keep seeing at least one in every turf lobby, and it's frustrating when you get paired up with one in ranked because everyone knows how to easily counter it. Though it is nice to fight since that likely boosts the chances of you winning. ;)

Eshuan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MrEshan
Switch Friend Code
SW-7366-9633-2213
well wait until all those 10 year old aerospray users hit level 28. The golden aerospray has the baller, and if you are on a base invading map like sturgeon shipyard or inkblot art academy, they will just show up in your base. prepare for saltiness

mvsdkrocks

Inkster Jr.
My friend and I were playing some turf wars together and we had one match where his team was: 2 Aerosprays, him with the hero shot, and a carbon roller, and my team was 3 Aerosprays and me with the Herobrush Replica.

Many laughs were had when we saw the match intro.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I get the feeling the Aero MG is gonna be like Splatoon 1's Aero RG, with the exception that it actually has a ranged option now. Time will tell if it lives up to the memery of Aero RG

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
well wait until all those 10 year old aerospray users hit level 28. The golden aerospray has the baller, and if you are on a base invading map like sturgeon shipyard or inkblot art academy, they will just show up in your base. prepare for saltiness
Dammit, this literally happened to me today, lol. I actually got personally offended when an Aerospray RG overextended past the middle, into our side, used his Baller to "safely" get into our spawn to start inking turf. It was like none of us were even there. It felt like one big insult, lmao.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Haven't met the RG users yet. And I'm certain there are probably a few... very few... very very few who are actually good with an aerospray—but so far I've yet to meet them. I even forget the MG has suction bombs until some rare someone actually uses them... like once, for the entire match. And it's not like it's a bad weapon for turfing AND control, but many of them are hardly all that good at it. It's usually just almost mindless inkspam and ineffective curling bomb spam. So many of them recklessly get into fights, will sometimes break out into a curling bomb launcher in the middle of a fight (lolwut), and often uselessly turf and returf and returf and returf and returf and returf and returf, and returf until they disconnect or the match is over.

Sadly, gear exp isn't tied to ink points anymore, which is a shame because you're dead on with this particular use for the Aerospray, that worked out great. And yeah, I'm tired of seeing these things too.
Bah~! Completely forgot about that. You now actually have to put in work for it. Ick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom