• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

im getting real tired of the aerospray

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
people say nobody uses aerosprays in ranked but i see them a lot in all modes
Same here. I wouldn't say they're hugely common, but in my experience they show up a fair bit. I'd say that every other match I play has at least one Aerospray in it.

Then again, I'm still working my way through B, so it's possible that I'm just seeing people who haven't realised that the Aerospray isn't as good in Ranked as it is in Regular.

StanleyJ

Inkling
NNID
jonstanley
I use Aerospray for map control and pushing objective...

Recent splatzones...

From a couple weeks back... I also main Rainmaker...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well it's good that you're able to use it in ranked and win matches, but even with that in mind those stats aren't particularly impressive and most players can't reliably win with the weapon.

Last edited:

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
The Aerospray is amazing for turf war, but kind of stinks (imo) at everything else. Its problem is that - despite it has a fast kill time - it doesn't have much range, so in ranked it gets mowed down by longer range weapons like the Splattershot Pro (which is very popular in Ranked at the moment). Even octobrushes can beat it most of the time due to their range buff.

Curling bomb rush can be really annoying, but it's easy to deal with once you know how.

The mistake a lot of people make while using any bomb rush is acting like they're invincible, meaning that they forge ahead into enemy territory without backup, leaving them very exposed.

Due to the fact that Curling bombs travel across the ground, you can just get to higher ground and splat the person using the bomb rush.

Failing that, on flat ground, as soon as you see the person activate the special, swim right up to them and splat them. This works because they can't throw a curling bomb right at their feet, so any defensively thrown curling bombs will just slide past you, hopefully only damaging you a little. As soon as you get the splat, get away from any remaining curling bombs!

Hope that made sense!

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I tried my best to use other weapons in turf wars, but never performed very well without the Aerospray. Having gone back to using it today and remembering how incredibly nice it is to use, I don't think I will use anything else for a while. I mean, it's either being frustrated and doing so-so or badly (using something else), or constantly doing well.
It just makes me wonder: why am I weak with virtually everything else? :*/ I do well in ranked matches (using N-Zap '85) and Salmon Run (using all the various weapons there), but in turf wars I am noticeably weaker than in the other modes without my good ol' buddy Aerospray ._.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Same topic, but with tri-slosher. It's practically an obnoxious two-shot projectile with the hitbox of a freight train that requires very little aim in carpet bombing the area from impossible angles. Not to mention the really good sub/special it has makes it so much worse.

I feel like Aero players will eventually try out new stuff and settle with this thing, because it practically does everything amazingly well.

StanleyJ

Inkling
NNID
jonstanley
You should post match history instead of individual match.
Whatev... bearing in mind I'm playing in Japanese lobbies where day-1 C-rank lobbies were as hotly contested in S-rank lobbies in Splatoon1... I can get win streaks when my ADSL connection holds up... currently back at A+ after a week of ISP flaking out and causing me to drop 10+ games in a row...

Highest Splatzones winrates:

Highest Rainmaker winrates:

Highest Tower Control winrates:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Anyone else remember the release of vanilla?

Where you literally had 4 Aerospray RGs on each team.
People will change things up, or it'll be nerfed and people will move to the next low risk high reward thing. Such is gaming.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
@StanleyJ , is there a point anywhere in those posts of yours? You haven't actually said anything relating to the topic and it really just looks like you're showing off. Yes, you're pretty decent with the Aerospray in the A ranks, congratulations, that doesn't change the facts that it's currently the premier newbie magnet and that most people get destroyed with it fighting in ranked.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
Whatev... bearing in mind I'm playing in Japanese lobbies where day-1 C-rank lobbies were as hotly contested in S-rank lobbies in Splatoon1... I can get win streaks when my ADSL connection holds up... currently back at A+ after a week of ISP flaking out and causing me to drop 10+ games in a row...

Highest Splatzones winrates:

Highest Rainmaker winrates:

Highest Tower Control winrates:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes, then your Aerospray is good in ranked so far.

From what I observe,

"Your Aerospray" splatting power is good at Horizontal map, but bad at vertical map.

Except when it is Vertical Rainmaker where you are able to paint the walls easily.

So if you change it up sometimes, your win rate will go up.

StanleyJ

Inkling
NNID
jonstanley
@StanleyJ , is there a point anywhere in those posts of yours? You haven't actually said anything relating to the topic and it really just looks like you're showing off. Yes, you're pretty decent with the Aerospray in the A ranks, congratulations, that doesn't change the facts that it's currently the premier newbie magnet and that most people get destroyed with it fighting in ranked.
My point is that Western players get too hung up about "X weapon is OP (in Turf War)/X weapon sucks (in Ranked)". Chargers in Splatoon2 are pretty hampered with the Ink Armor meta, yet I recall one winning match a Japanese Firefin Splatcharger, not only got really high kill stats in Splatnet2, they also somehow managed to ink 1800+ turf (I managed around the same) so our team had very good map control, which really is the most critical thing in Splatoon as it allows your team to push the objective and hampers the opposing team from comebacks.

In Splatoon1, I also played Splattershot JR, N-ZAPs, Splash-o-Matic & Sloshing Machine, also had an alt account to learn chargers and got to S on that too, personally preferring the Kelp & Bento Splatterscopes. Still, the Aerosprays (MG, RG & PG) were the most FUN to play. Ranked with them is like ultra-hard mode. Each to their own I guess?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
My point is that Western players get too hung up about "X weapon is OP (in Turf War)/X weapon sucks (in Ranked)". Chargers in Splatoon2 are pretty hampered with the Ink Armor meta, yet I recall one winning match a Japanese Firefin Splatcharger, not only got really high kill stats in Splatnet2, they also somehow managed to ink 1800+ turf (I managed around the same) so our team had very good map control, which really is the most critical thing in Splatoon as it allows your team to push the objective and hampers the opposing team from comebacks.

In Splatoon1, I also played Splattershot JR, N-ZAPs, Splash-o-Matic & Sloshing Machine, also had an alt account to learn chargers and got to S on that too, personally preferring the Kelp & Bento Splatterscopes. Still, the Aerosprays (MG, RG & PG) were the most FUN to play. Ranked with them is like ultra-hard mode. Each to their own I guess?
And? That's still a single case of anecdotal evidence compared to the mountain of claims in this thread and elsewhere. Again, good on you for being able to win with such a weapon, but by your own admission it's ultra-hard mode, and the general trends in the playerbase cannot be denied. Would you have even made your point if I hadn't asked?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969

Individual accounts doesn't mean much when it comes to proving which weapons are viable or not. Skill tends to trump Tiers, you can give an S+ player a .52 Gal and still have them come out on top against a A rank Player with Tri-Slosher. What matters more if these weapons are useful compared to other weapons from a general standpoint.

A weapon may suck but you don't necessarily suck by using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom