• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

im getting real tired of the aerospray

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Ha can you imagine trying to unlock a hero spray replica? XD I'd imagine that shower boss just got a whole lot harder. Also imagine what a level 2 upgraded Hero spray would be like... Man, not gonna lie I kinda want to see what that would be like now. I mean I know you don't want it and I don't really either, but think of the possibilities. (That fire rate though)
Much ink shall be spilt that day...

Poop

Inkling
I'm one of those weirdos that likes using them.
Sometimes if it's just turf war it's just easier to throw one on and go to town

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
i feel like im the only one enraged by them, no matter how hard you try and be a good teammate...they they are #1 on your team. I like using the slosher (mostly for rank) but i used it for turf war and i didn't get splatted once and i was below the aerospray, it just makes me annoyed. I don't want to see seem immature or anything but its become wayyyy to trendy in the game, aerospray is NOT a weapon class, its a shooter just like the splattershot, just like NZAP, just like squelchers. I understand there being 2 rollers on a team because its a weapon class but seeing 3 aerosprays like really? its just no challenge for them and complete obliteration for the other team.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I had a match today where all four of the opponents were using Aerosprays. Four Aerospray players in the lobby and they were all on the opposing team. They had a DC and still managed to beat us by 3%.

Though I've found that Aerospray users in general are more of a mixed bag. There are plenty out there who are genuinely good with it, and those people are nigh-impossible to keep up with. But there are also plenty of people who flock to the Aerospray because of its overpowered reputation, thinking it'll automatically make them better players, only to still suck because they have no idea how to use it. My highest splat count in a Turf War (around 15, I think) came from a game where enemy Aerospray users kept trying to rush me and my .52 Gal head-on; it was like swatting flies. I even managed to outperform the two Aerospray users on my own team (though the fact that one of them somehow managed to be our worst-scoring player suggests that our own Aerosprays were nothing to write home about either).

That said, their prevalence does annoy me, because it only takes one or two good Aerospray players to completely dominate a game. And the bar for "good" is pretty low with an Aerospray; as long as you don't go full Leeroy Jenkins, it's pretty hard to go wrong with one. I hate feeling like I have to use a certain weapon to perform well in a game mode that's supposed to be casual fun. If I wanted to get hugely invested in weapon tiers and the like, I'd be playing Ranked instead.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
I used it up to level 15 simply for the quick return on coin and levels, but ya.. It's the easy way out for sure. Even leveled up to safe c+ in al battle modes ( not a huge feat ) Ditched them for the splash o matic and to get good with some other types of weapons and aint ever going back. Was on a team last night with a disconnect against a team with 3 out of 4 aerosprays and only lost by 2%. That's pretty much a win:)

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
It's a very reliable weapon to cover turf but it can easily be countered. If you dislike it, find a long range weapon and embrace every moment you splatter the squidlings that use it!

Cerebralbore101

Inkster Jr.
I agree that the Aerospray is OP on turf wars. But it is really inaccurate. Slash-o-matic, Dualies, and Blasters are better weapons for short range splatting. Nobody in ranked uses the Aerospray because it just isn't that good in any of the ranked modes.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Simply increase its ink consumption a lot and give it a small damage boost, less turf, more valuable in other modes.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Simply increase its ink consumption a lot and give it a small damage boost, less turf, more valuable in other modes.
You described the Splash-O-Matic. The Aerospray has it's niche, as contentious as it is.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I step into my first S+ zones match with anxiety and excitement, only to have someone with an Aerospray on my team. To be fair, we did pretty well all things considered, but once the enemy made a strong push and we lost the center, there was literally nothing our Aerospray could do to help push them back.

I get that zones is the best mode for the Aerospray compared to the other two, but literally ANY other rapid fire shooter is better for dealing with higher level players.

Dr Scoobie

Inkling
I don't believe the Aero is OP in turf wars. I believe the issue is nobody seems to hold defensive lines properly. There's usually three access points to centre. Whenever your team has a favourable situation in centre (2 v.s 2 with advantagous weapons or 2 v.s 3) one of you should ideally be moving towards one of these points to prevent them from reaching the rest of the map.

The Aero has one thing going for it, it spreads ink everywhere. Fast special charge, high mobility, great stealth. It all stems from it's high fire rate and low accuracy. If you take advantage of the weapons low range and accuracy to deny it access to large parts of the map then the weapon is all but useless. It has no decent way to remove threats and even when it's flanking people it won't reliably kill them unless it's at point blank.

I have two issues with the Aero. Nobody ever seems to take advantage of it's weaknesses, especially in ranked where everyone underestimates it to the point that nobody bothers to deal with them. Secondly nobody seems to use the Aero well. The sub weapon is never used despite being really useful. Worse still is that they always seems to ink around areas that will be covered up in two seconds time, feeding the enemy teams special meter.

Dr Scoobie

Inkling
Give it a good set and see it as good allrounder, also lower ink consumption.
Call me crazy, but I'd love a curling bomb and inkjet set.

It would lose it's ability to zone effectively with the bomb rush, but it would have an easier time moving around with the curling bomb and the inkjet would make it more effective at flanking (by not requiring you to shoot at point blank) along with allowing it to temporarily be a front line weapon when needed.

It's not a great set, but it's one I would feel really at home with. It would be worse at zones and turf without the ability to zone with it's special, it would be better at tower control by giving it some form of removal, and it would be better at rainmaker by allowing it to reliably use the curling bomb.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I did a bad, I used the aerospray today, and I've been boycotting shooters.

Ok, I had a reason. I had no motive and I wanted to fill in all my one star gear, so I bought a 2x XP crustwich and went to turf. Two wins, or a win and a loss, and three pieces of gear are filled to then be scrubbed for some chunks. It got kinda boring though. I ended up fighting teammates for turf coverage and then spamming the curling bomb rush. It's not too bad at fighting, just the low power and bad accuracy put it down, but that's fine, it's mostly a weapon for turf anyway.

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
people say nobody uses aerosprays in ranked but i see them a lot in all modes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom