• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

im getting real tired of the aerospray

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I used Aerosprays like CRAZY (I am new to the Splatoon franchise) because I picked up on how OP it was very quickly. A SUPER high rate of fire weapon that inks turf faster than any other, my favorite sub weapon, and favorite special??? Yes please! At one point, I won 15 or 16 matches in a row, with me as #1 most of the time. Having said that, I got tired of doing so consistently well with that, so I picked up the sloshers and squelchers for more challenge and honestly fun...oh and carbon roller is a blast ^_^

The Aerospray is an OP noob weapon (at least in turf wars...I hear they don't do as well in ranked) and will hopefully see a nerf of some sort anyway...so I wouldn't get attached to it even if I wanted to keep using it XD

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
thanks for all the replies glad to know im not alone

I used Aerosprays like CRAZY (I am new to the Splatoon franchise) because I picked up on how OP it was very quickly. A SUPER high rate of fire weapon that inks turf faster than any other, my favorite sub weapon, and favorite special??? Yes please! At one point, I won 15 or 16 matches in a row, with me as #1 most of the time. Having said that, I got tired of doing so consistently well with that, so I picked up the sloshers and squelchers for more challenge and honestly fun...oh and carbon roller is a blast ^_^

The Aerospray is an OP noob weapon (at least in turf wars...I hear they don't do as well in ranked) and will hopefully see a nerf of some sort anyway...so I wouldn't get attached to it even if I wanted to keep using it XD
Yeah same here i tried the weapon out and won so many matches in a row i was getting bored, nintendo should really dumb the weapon down or something i've had it, everytime i see an aerospray i make it my personal vendetta just to beat their team

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Lost count How many teams i saw with at least 3 of them.
They can be annoying thanks to good turfing and curling bomb machine, but they suck at combat.
Unless they catch you off guard, you probably have a easy time keeping them out and down with near any other weapon.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
If I had a dollar for every time i splatted an Aerospray by outranging them, I would have enough money to fund my own presidential campaign. It's a good feel.

One thing I do not understand about Aerospray MG users in this game is that the moment they whip out the Curling Bomb Launche, they REFUSE to back down. even if theyre deep in enemy territory, coated in enemy ink, under heavy fire and being chased, they will REFUSE to go into squid form and swim to a better position. I'm starting to think part of the Aerospray code of honor is once you use your special, you keep using it until you splat everyone or you yourself get splatted.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
If I had a dollar for every time i splatted an Aerospray by outranging them, I would have enough money to fund my own presidential campaign. It's a good feel.

One thing I do not understand about Aerospray MG users in this game is that the moment they whip out the Curling Bomb Launche, they REFUSE to back down. even if theyre deep in enemy territory, coated in enemy ink, under heavy fire and being chased, they will REFUSE to go into squid form and swim to a better position. I'm starting to think part of the Aerospray code of honor is once you use your special, you keep using it until you splat everyone or you yourself get splatted.
Haha! As an avid Aerospray MG user I understand what you're talking about. Sometimes you just want to put out as many curling bombs as possible, in the heat of the battle you can get stressed and rely too much on the bombs. I like to think I'm rather good at staying vigilant when going crazy with my bombs, however. :D But sometimes my eagerness gets the best of me.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Haha! As an avid Aerospray MG user I understand what you're talking about. Sometimes you just want to put out as many curling bombs as possible, in the heat of the battle you can get stressed and rely too much on the bombs. I like to think I'm rather good at staying vigilant when going crazy with my bombs, however. :D But sometimes my eagerness gets the best of me.
Happens to the best of us, right?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Bomb launchers in general can create a bit of an adrenaline rush that isn't always, well, tactically viable :P

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Happens to the best of us, right?
Indeed! I tend to have other issues when playing Splatoon, though... Like... knowing when it's time to realise that you've been cornered and that it's smartest to retreat. :oops: I'm very stubborn and have a hard time losing a duel. :D

Dessgeega, That's one of the best things about the bomb launchers, though, it's so exciting to use them when it's done right!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Indeed! I tend to have other issues when playing Splatoon, though... Like... knowing when it's time to realise that you've been cornered and that it's smartest to retreat. :oops: I'm very stubborn and have a hard time losing a duel. :D
Hey, you realize there's a problem, eventually you'll be able to learn from it. That's one of those instincts that just comes with a lot of time from playing, if you ask me. I guess the only advice I have is that if pretty much all the weapons in front of you can out range you and youre surrounded in enemy ink, it might be best to group up with the other squids.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
well wait until all those 10 year old aerospray users hit level 28. The golden aerospray has the baller, and if you are on a base invading map like sturgeon shipyard or inkblot art academy, they will just show up in your base. prepare for saltiness
Finally got the Splash o matic last night. Stood directly in front of a baller and shot right through it no probz. Pretty much crushed any areospray that got anywhere near me.

Last edited:

Belial

Full Squid
I used aerospray since splat1 but I mostly use the duelies now because I play ranked and aero sucks for that. I hate seeing aerospray players on my team in ranked. X( I only like aeospray for support play in turf. Not to get into firefight but run from them.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Baller seems to be less about getting splats and more about moving through enemy territory uncontested and maybe detonate it in somebody's backside. It gets shot down too quickly for it to be useful as a frontal attack.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Baller seems to be less about getting splats and more about moving through enemy territory uncontested and maybe detonate it in somebody's backside. It gets shot down too quickly for it to be useful as a frontal attack.
im not a big fan of the baller. i just sorta use it as a panic button or a get out of jail free card.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Not to say git gud, but..... git gud.

Just kidding. The Aerospray is the worst thing ever.

mvsdkrocks

Inkster Jr.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of it either. I'm glad there's no Hero Aerospray (Nintendo, don't get any ideas or I will splat you).
Ha can you imagine trying to unlock a hero spray replica? XD I'd imagine that shower boss just got a whole lot harder. Also imagine what a level 2 upgraded Hero spray would be like... Man, not gonna lie I kinda want to see what that would be like now. I mean I know you don't want it and I don't really either, but think of the possibilities. (That fire rate though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom