I'm sick of ________

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I'm sick of at least two inkings on the opposing side that block off all respawing inklings on your team from advancing once the opponent claims most of the turf. That kinda spawn killing is good for cutting off a possible push back but it's extremely annoying and cheap when you are the team being picked on and picked off. It's almost like they don't like losing and will do anything to keep the win. If that's the case fair enough, but at least give us a fighting chance and not snuff us out like two fingers to a fire. When I see this happen with the opposing team, it makes me think of them as sore losers.

FinInfinite

Inkling
NNID
FinInfinite
I am sick of the fact that as a charger, half the time it seems like I can get 3 splats in 5 seconds, and the other half I take 4 shots at a roller and miss all of them.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I'm sick of at least two inkings on the opposing side that block off all respawing inklings on your team from advancing once the opponent claims most of the turf. That kinda spawn killing is good for cutting off a possible push back but it's extremely annoying and cheap when you are the team being picked on and picked off. It's almost like they don't like losing and will do anything to keep the win. If that's the case fair enough, but at least give us a fighting chance and not snuff us out like two fingers to a fire. When I see this happen with the opposing team, it makes me think of them as sore losers.
Spawn-camping is a valid and logical tactic to use if the situation has reached that point. I don't like to do it myself though, and I will never participate in spawn-camping. But this is a game designed to be competitive, and when people get competitive, chances are they'll do anything allowed in order to win, no matter how cheap or annoying it gets.

A good example is Carl Clover in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (the first one in the series). Carl has below-average to bottom stats in pretty much everything, but he has the game's only infinite combo. (He actually has two, but the other one is so hard to set up that it's impractical.) If you want to win against decent opponents as Carl, you have to do the infinite combo and not stop until the opponent's KOed. Then, to win the match as you need to win two rounds, you have to do it again. Everyone will tell you it's the most irritating thing to be on the receiving end of that, but it's the only way to defeat a skilled player (unless you're REALLY cunning and can predict near everything they do, but that's a different story). And when Carl appears in tournaments, he's entirely about setting up the conditions to do the infinite combo then executing it, again and again and again. (This is an intentional move by the developers. The video guide that comes with the special edition even shows you how to do both of them.)

What you see is only the surface. :confused:

I literally can't sleep because of the spam sometimes.
Yeesh, is it really that bad? Is there nothing that can be done that would automatically filter these out? Nearly all of the ones that break into the boards I can see are from the same source and have similar topic titles, which would theoretically be easy for such a filter.

Last edited:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yeesh, is it really that bad? Is there nothing that can be done that would automatically filter these out? Nearly all of the ones that break into the boards I can see are from the same source and have similar topic titles, which would theoretically be easy for such a filter.
There is an automatic filter in place but it's only to make them unseen by normal users.

Then, I have to go through all of them and delete the ones that are spam, and there are lots of it.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Oh, I get what you mean now. The filter just puts them in a private list and you have to manually sort it out? (I was an admin on another message board--that place got the occasional spam attack too, though the filter rarely ever caught any non-spam posts.)

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Spawn-camping is a valid and logical tactic to use if the situation has reached that point. I don't like to do it myself though, and I will never participate in spawn-camping. But this is a game designed to be competitive, and when people get competitive, chances are they'll do anything allowed in order to win, no matter how cheap or annoying it gets.

A good example is Carl Clover in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (the first one in the series). Carl has below-average to bottom stats in pretty much everything, but he has the game's only infinite combo. (He actually has two, but the other one is so hard to set up that it's impractical.) If you want to win against decent opponents as Carl, you have to do the infinite combo and not stop until the opponent's KOed. Then, to win the match as you need to win two rounds, you have to do it again. Everyone will tell you it's the most irritating thing to be on the receiving end of that, but it's the only way to defeat a skilled player (unless you're REALLY cunning and can predict near everything they do, but that's a different story). And when Carl appears in tournaments, he's entirely about setting up the conditions to do the infinite combo then executing it, again and again and again. (This is an intentional move by the developers. The video guide that comes with the special edition even shows you how to do both of them.)
Legal or not, I still consider it a sore loser tactic. It's bad enough when one does it, but two is like a brick wall. It's that kinda stuff that will make others not wanna play the game anymore. I personally find it unfair that it's part of the game, let alone allowed. Though I guess it's not all bad since inklings cannot insta-kill spawners thanks to the shield around the respawner. My apologies if I find being killed after taking the first few steps annoying and unfair but I personally don't like that it's a legal tactic. There is much you can do without resorting to that but what do I know right? I'm just another player in a game that everyone wants to play.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
^^^^ Camping is a cheap tactic and strategy but it's a perfectly valid and legal one. It's important for us to remember that Splatoon is a shooter game. It may not be like other regular shooter games but the community is still very much like other shooter games. There are a lot of players who will camp if their opponents give them the opportunity to do such. It really sucks when your team is getting camped but it's part of playing a shooter game. *shrugs*

I don't camp personally because I think it's reckless and stupid for an entire team to hang around the same area. It's not impossible to get by people who are camping. It's hard, yes, but not impossible. If someone does slip past the "defenses" and no one is hanging behind, it gives them a chance to take the game back and essentially makes them a moving beacon for their opponents to super jump to. So I hang back to catch people who slip past... And because I feel like it's kind of a jerk-ish move to camp and basically rub salt in the wounds of the losing team. *shrugs*

If we're the ones being camped, I usually give up and stay in the spawn point. With any luck, one of my team mates will stick around and we'll "squid party" in the safety of our base. I mean, why leave and get killed when we could just have fun up here?

I'm getting off topic. I'm sorry.

Honestly... I'm getting a bit sick of players acting as if they have no clue what to do when Rainmaker goes into overtime. :confused:

This morning, I had two Rainmaker games go into overtime. During both games, my team was the one winning when overtime kicked in.... Both times, my teammates went the opposite direction of the Rainmaker. :confused: I could see one or maybe two... But all three? Come on now. Are we....are we not clear in the fact that all you need to do is kill the Rainmaker holder in order to end the game during overtime? ;w;

I mean... It's in the B rank. I understand people being new to Ranked but if you're a B rank, I would assume that you would at least know to kill the Rainmaker holder during Raimaker. o_O

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Oh, I get what you mean now. The filter just puts them in a private list and you have to manually sort it out? (I was an admin on another message board--that place got the occasional spam attack too, though the filter rarely ever caught any non-spam posts.)
Yup, pretty much. The filter we have is really good but we do it manually, just to make sure.

SquidButtz

Inkling
NNID
ManderZByteZ
Im sick of the kraken...

I havent really played much with the newer update...so i hope that all changed.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
If we're the ones being camped, I usually give up and stay in the spawn point. With any luck, one of my team mates will stick around and we'll "squid party" in the safety of our base. I mean, why leave and get killed when we could just have fun up here?
Same. And since I often use Tenacity and other abilities that work towards my Specials I often just sit there, maybe shoot some ink until my special gauge is full in hope to maybe get at least one or two of the campers off our spawn somehow. I mean, usually the match is already lost at that point but then at least we'd be given the opportunity to fight back a little.
On the topic of camping and all, I also hate it when teams basically abuse it when their opponents have had two or even three disconnects, more targeting the players instead of inking the turf the other team would have been unable to ink due to the small amount of players anyway. I once played a match where I was the only player in my team left (while the other was full), so the moment I was splatted, I got trapped in my spawn and I was like... is that really neccessary? I can't ink as much turf alone as you guys to with four people anyway. It's like repeatedly kicking someone who's lying on the ground already (and then holding them down so the others can join the kicking), these are moments where I wonder if certain players really have that much of a nonexisting etiquette.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I'm sick of the last second Kraken or Bubbler activation
Especially when you know you got every single hit in. Actually, one time, I shot down a roller, I even saw the roller drop to the floor, and yet somehow by some ridiculous miracle, a kraken emerged from the mess. I just... WHY.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
^^^^ Camping is a cheap tactic and strategy but it's a perfectly valid and legal one. It's important for us to remember that Splatoon is a shooter game. It may not be like other regular shooter games but the community is still very much like other shooter games. There are a lot of players who will camp if their opponents give them the opportunity to do such. It really sucks when your team is getting camped but it's part of playing a shooter game. *shrugs*

I don't camp personally because I think it's reckless and stupid for an entire team to hang around the same area. It's not impossible to get by people who are camping. It's hard, yes, but not impossible. If someone does slip past the "defenses" and no one is hanging behind, it gives them a chance to take the game back and essentially makes them a moving beacon for their opponents to super jump to. So I hang back to catch people who slip past... And because I feel like it's kind of a jerk-ish move to camp and basically rub salt in the wounds of the losing team. *shrugs*

I'm getting off topic. I'm sorry.
I really don't need to pointed toward the fact that it's legal. I'm well aware of it. I may of been a bit emotional over it yesterday, but I'm over it now. But I still stay by the fact that it's a sore loser tactic, and a supported one at that. If it's in the game and legal, then I can't really scream and curse out Nintendo for something intentional. I find it to be a **** move on Nintendo's part for make such a cheep tactic legal. Though, I do at least respect them for adding a barrier around the respawner. I would extremely pissed if inklings could camp the respawner and insta-kill spawning inklings. I'm glad that can't happen.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Same. And since I often use Tenacity and other abilities that work towards my Specials I often just sit there, maybe shoot some ink until my special gauge is full in hope to maybe get at least one or two of the campers off our spawn somehow. I mean, usually the match is already lost at that point but then at least we'd be given the opportunity to fight back a little.
On the topic of camping and all, I also hate it when teams basically abuse it when their opponents have had two or even three disconnects, more targeting the players instead of inking the turf the other team would have been unable to ink due to the small amount of players anyway. I once played a match where I was the only player in my team left (while the other was full), so the moment I was splatted, I got trapped in my spawn and I was like... is that really neccessary? I can't ink as much turf alone as you guys to with four people anyway. It's like repeatedly kicking someone who's lying on the ground already (and then holding them down so the others can join the kicking), these are moments where I wonder if certain players really have that much of a nonexisting etiquette.
Some people really get off on it. They're the Killer archetype, according to Bartle's Taxonomy. Killers are people who thrive on bringing misfortune to other people by defeating them in a game. The angrier or sadder the Killer perceives they feel, the more the Killer enjoys doing it. Basically, they run on schadenfreude and they WANT you to feel angry. Extra Credits has a simplified explanation on Bartle's Taxonomy:

A key difference between Killers and griefers, however, is that a Killer values winning greatly and will play by the game's own rules and have their own honor code specific to each game, whereas a griefer doesn't care whether they win or lose and may resort to hacking or glitches, as long as they ruined someone else's experience. That is, a Killer will splat you repeatedly when there's a disconnect on your team as soon as they get the chance, whereas a griefer would most likely get in their teammates' way or turn on a lag switch.

I really don't need to pointed toward the fact that it's legal. I'm well aware of it. I may of been a bit emotional over it yesterday, but I'm over it now. But I still stay by the fact that it's a sore loser tactic, and a supported one at that. If it's in the game and legal, then I can't really scream and curse out Nintendo for something intentional. I find it to be a **** move on Nintendo's part for make such a cheep tactic legal. Though, I do at least respect them for adding a barrier around the respawner. I would extremely pissed if inklings could camp the respawner and insta-kill spawning inklings. I'm glad that can't happen.
Nah, that'd be more like a sore winner tactic. They're using whatever they know to maximize their chances of winning, knowing they can't let even an infintescimal chance slip by.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I'm tired of: Arrowana Mall, Moray Towers, and Port Makerel. Three awful maps, with Arrowana being SO unfathomably bad that I instantly exit the game entirely if I see that it's up. No exceptions.

....but they all seem REALLY FREQUENT. Honestly, I've barely touched the game in the last 3 weeks or so, and this is a major part of the reason. Hell, I go on today, Port Derp is up, I do two matches.... and I'm done, that's more than enough. Probably wont fire the game up again for AT LEAST another week, my interest is so low right now. Ugh. Even a victory on said map does NOTHING to alleviate my displeasure at having to be on it at all.

.....wait, what? Carl's irritating infinite is INTENTIONAL??!?!?

What BLAZING IDIOT of a developer DOES that in a fighting game? Or thinks it's a good idea? What in the... it just... I dont even.... Infinites in fighters are a damn WIN BUTTON. Connect with the initial hit that begins it, and that's it: The match is over. That your opponent is still at full health doesnt matter. It's over. I dont care how damn difficult it is to set up; that's REALLY awful design. I can understand when it's a genuine mistake that it's there.... but INTENTIONAL?

I think I just lost nearly all respect for that developer.

Now as for spawn camping in this game, I refuse to do it as well. If my team is doing it, I go back to base and stand there. Give the other team a chance to create a 4 vs 3 situation and get back in the game. I really, *really* dont care if it causes a turn-around and a loss. I really dont. And if it happens to my team? Well, as I'm usually using a Heavy Splatling I just stand there, on the spawn pad, and keep firing and splatting them; nothing they can do about it, as I'm totally invincible in that state, so long as I dont step off the pad. This is pretty boring to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom