I'm sick of ________

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Dont be so sure.

My experience with genuine competitive gaming communities is that, for the most part, they are one *NASTY* group. I cant emphasize that word strongly enough. I mean, holy hell. It's the sort of thing that makes one weep for humanity as a whole, after witnessing the sad, pathetic depths that SO VERY MANY within said communities will sink to.

Much of what I've seen is from the fighting game genre (and let me tell you, it's BAD), but that one is not even remotely close to being the worst of it.

But yeah, a huge number of people like that really do indeed do it just to be able to lord over someone else, to "put someone in their place", to be at the top of the pile.... and this includes during "friendly" matches against totally new players. They'll get in as many insults and such as they possibly can, and if there's a chance to use a cheap mechanic or a glitch to make the newbie even more embarassed? Of COURSE they'll do it!

I cant even count how many times I"ve witnessed this. It's downright depressing.

The only good part about it is the seriously amazing satisfaction that comes from defeating someone who is acting like that. It's... absolutely priceless.

I mean, I can understand being competitive... but "being competitive" does not = "being a total *******". Good luck explaining that to alot of them though... sigh
Yep, and regarding people like that, I always feel that there is something offline that makes them feel inadequate in some way, so they take it out on other people online in video games (or at competitions). When you encounter a player like that, bear one thing in mind: They may be good at video games, but that's likely all that they're good at. Otherwise, they wouldn't be taking so much pride over stomping novices.

Video games (computer games included) are the only type of games where professonal players are not expected to be nice and courteous to each other. That being said, it's no coincidence either that competitive video gaming attracts kids and teenagers with no parental supervision, and a lot of socially awkward ones at that. The behavior you see in MLG is not the sort you'll see in NCAA games, for instance.

It was jarring to me to go to pinball competitions and see the top players have formed a community that actually welcomes in new players. You see Keith Elwin, reigning champion of pinball, in the same room? Go ahead and ask him the rules to a machine, or techniques, or advice on how to score well, and he will explain them to you as best he can. Joren Engelbrektsson will do the same thing. And either of the Sharpe Brothers. And Adam Lefkoff or his middle-school-age son. Bowen Kerins will happily explain them to you for hours. What little bullying and rude behavior there is at these tournaments is quickly weeded out.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
I know this has probably been stated multiple times in this thread but...

I'm really sick of teammates not getting on the damn tower when we're not in the lead! I can go through multiple matches where I'm the only one who gets on the tower, while everyone else is too worried about their kill/death ratio.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I don't have a problem with any other weapon...But I have a problem with E-liter 3K/Scope.

It has the best range out of all weapons (not counting specials), and they're monsters at Moray Towers because of the fact they can snipe you past the center area and almost impossible to kill since they are out of reach.

Trying to sneak past a sniper? Echolocator!

They really don't need burst bombs, the second they throw a burst bomb, just accept defeat.

Trying to get to the sniper and there's enemy ink in front, the moment you get out of squid form and ink the spot, you get sniped from afar.

At medium range and getting closer to the sniper? Burst bombed.

At close range? Burst Bombed.

And if there's more than one, no where is safe.

Last edited:

mezzo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ledyba
i'm kinda sick of blasters. they always get me man... them and that darn carbon roller deco. why did they have to give them a seeker bomb rush...

I know this has probably been stated multiple times in this thread but...

I'm really sick of teammates not getting on the damn tower when we're not in the lead! I can go through multiple matches where I'm the only one who gets on the tower, while everyone else is too worried about their kill/death ratio.
honestly, i understand the hesitation though. it can be tough to be on the tower if no one else is around to protect you, so you're just a sitting duck for the entire opposing team to just absolutely wreck you. if the rest of the team is near though, there's no excuse not to get on the tower.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm sick of getting connection errors every time I'm playing in the middle of a match. For the first time in my life, I kept getting unstable connections despite having a good internet connection. I wish Nintendo would fix this issue.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm sick of the "the connection is unstable" message, it's only happened to me about 7 times but two of those times it happened with just one second left when my team was in the lead

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm sick of the "the connection is unstable" message, it's only happened to me about 7 times but two of those times it happened with just one second left when my team was in the lead
I keep getting these a few days ago. It was the first time I got that message, too. Nintendo, why do your games have dumb online problems like this?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I'm sick of communication errors and "unstable connection" messages. I've gotten a lot better about letting a loss roll off my back, but when I can't even play the game because of errors I get really angry.

The lag was particularly terrible last night. Lots of errors, lots of teleporting players, lots of pumping enemies with 6 or 7 rounds only for them to be behind me and splat me. It was horrible.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm sick of the defeat theme, it's the aural equivalent of getting squidbagged.
Every time I hear this music, it's like it is laughing at how much I fail at life.

Getting terrible teammates when I play with randoms.
Even if you think they're doing good, they'll fool around later on. This crap really annoys me. @___@

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Okay. My tolerance for bizarre behavior is high, as I live in a place full of crazy people, but it's been happening increasingly frequently lately:

People who take the Rainmaker, then wander aimlessly about or find a place to hide and stay there. These people are clearly mistaking the countdown above their heads as the goal.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
This has been annoying me so much. x.x The last three nights, I couldn't connect to Japanese players for anything. It worked perfectly fine with NA and EU players but it seemed like the servers were really struggling to keep a connection to the Japanese players. Thankfully it seems to have begun working again but seriously, these issues can get super annoying. x.x

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
I'm sick of getting matched with sucky players in ranked mode who have no idea how to play. For example. I had a match earlier today in Rainmaker, and I had a teammate who kept taking the rainmaker to our own base. I kept spamming "c'mon" but the guy never responded. That wasn't the first time it happened to me though. S_S

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
I'm sick of trying to decide which to main, Aerospray MG or Splattershot Jr....

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
I'm sick of getting matched with sucky players in ranked mode who have no idea how to play. For example. I had a match earlier today in Rainmaker, and I had a teammate who kept taking the rainmaker to our own base. I kept spamming "c'mon" but the guy never responded. That wasn't the first time it happened to me though. S_S
actually makes sense. If you are in the lead, doing that gives you a 30 second advantage. I still think that playstyle is easily countered though. Don't worry, people get MUCH less stupid here in A rank (except for the S ranks you get matched with. They cannot play. At all.)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
It confuses me how players like this even are able to make it to B+ to have a chance of getting teamed with me =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom