I'm sick of ________

sammich

Inkling Cadet
I noticed very aggressively splat-happy people tend to do that. Their favorite thing to do is to pick a teammate, then follow them around and try to kill-steal by swooping in front of the teammate to attack the opponent. (And I see it happen often enough, and with the same people in the room doing it again and again, that I don't think it's an accident.) You have to wonder how these guys have been playing the game for so long and still not understand that kill-stealing is completely pointless.
:o
do they??
usually the people i play against are pretty good at leaving me and my kills alone (maybe that's just because i tend to be painting in channels that my teammates aren't covering).

usually it happens for me when there's a big multi-squid battle happening. i'll be trying get a good shot and then a teammate will just walk right in front of me, endangering themselves and ruining my shot.
it also happens A LOT right at the beginning of a match. i'll be heading into one area, creating paths for quick travel, and then some other squid with like a junior or an aerospray that has zero range will step in front of my shot.

it's like they see my targeting reticle and they want to take advantage of standing in a reticle they don't have to fear, but it just cripples my movement

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm getting a bit tired of long range shooters refusing to help back up rollers. :confused:

Especially on Walleye Warehouse when a skilled sniper is standing in the middle. As a roller, I am very limited as to what I can do with a sniper camping like that. I can easily take the turf back.... But I need a long range weapon to take out that sniper for me so I can actually move to take the turf back. Snipers and long range weapons are great at backing people up in Ranked but no one ever seems willing to back me up in Turf Wars.

If you can clearly see a roller struggling to find a way past a camping sniper, please use that long range weapon of yours to take out the sniper. We're powerful weapons but our power is limited. I can only sneak up on snipers if I have ink to swim in. Even as a Carbon Roller, a skilled sniper won't have trouble hitting me if I try to move forward to face them. Heading straight towards them is only going to end with me getting splatted and putting us further behind.

Seriously... Just back up your team mates already please. :(

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
:scared:
do they??
usually the people i play against are pretty good at leaving me and my kills alone (maybe that's just because i tend to be painting in channels that my teammates aren't covering).
When you're actively trying to stay out of your teammates' way and pick paths they're not picking, it happens less often. But I do see, on occasion, players who will abandon what they're doing in order to follow you over.

I don't mean people who stand in front of your reticule, by the way. I'm talking about people who will come in from a different angle, hide in ink, and wait until you're shooting at someone, then pop up and take them out for you. This happens particularly often on Port Mackerel, Moray Towers, and Walleye Warehouse, stages where it's easy for players to get boxed in. It also happens more often when you're using long-range automatic weapons because there's more space to swoop in.

These guys are good at it too. I see them take 6 to 9 splats per match, but they never ink more than 500p.

Sasy

Inkling
NNID
aWanderingArtist
I'm sick of people constantly blaming their teammates if they lose.
I'm sick of idiots jumping in front of me as a charger. Please! My shot cannot go through you!
I'm sick of the salt in this game, esp. around Splatfest.
I'm sick of the people who complain about the Japanese on a daily basis. They are human, just like you. Instead of complaining about how they are too skilled and "tryhards", toughen yourself up and go to their level.
I'm sick of rage-quitters.

And lastly, I'm sick of people thinking that a rank is something they deserve, instead of earn. ~

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I can accept most of the common complaints as par for the course in online shooters, but I'm sick of teammates who leave camp snipers alone and let them wreak havoc unmolested. There is absolutely no reason to let a charger camp, especially if they're a 3-liter/scoped charger who will out-range everything. I'd like to experiment with other weapons (and get some good charger practice in myself), but I usually go back to my .96 or Heavy Splatling after a couple of games to play sniper killer because people let themselves get sniped the whole match.

Last edited:

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm sick of players idling during a match. Why play a match if you're just gonna stand around and not do anything? I'm sure people know what I'm talking about here. I've come across a few players that only have 0p, so I know they're just idling around.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm tired of Splatlings who just sit there and fire making them easy targets for the opponent and it's usually them who give us the loss and they're on the bottom of the leaderbord to prove it.

The constant hopping from Japanese players is easy to deal with. I can't explain it, but it hits a nerve when they hop around like bunnies even though they're easy to splat this way.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
TFW you're teamed up with 3 chargers against a balanced team and know you're screwed: "Aw squid...just great, just kraken great."

Also kinda sick of those bubbler weapon players with freaking laser reflexes (if that makes any sense xD). I mean when you come at someone from behind with your trusty tentatek only to have them bubble up after your FIRST SHOT. No warning whatsoever...ahhggg...

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
TFW you're teamed up with 3 chargers against a balanced team and know you're screwed: "Aw squid...just great, just kraken great."
Yeah, I just had that earlier today. It was me using the Custom Blaster and my teammates on Splat Zones Walleye Warehouse, one with the Kelp Splat Charger, one with an E-liter 3K (couldn't tell which kind), and another with the regular Splat Charger, and I was wondering where all my teammates were and why I was the only one inking the opposing side of the Splat Zone, only for the opponents to overrun me and retake it. I only realized, when the match was over and we lost, that I was paired up with three chargers when the opposing team had a charger, two shooters, and a roller.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I'm sick of being an - A versing S players! There was even an S+ today. WTF?

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
At the moment I'm tired of everything.

Though this isnt uncommon for me.

Well.... tired of everything EXCEPT for my new Splatling. FINALLY. A Splatling without Ink Strike. All is happy time good fun now. Dont have the Hydra yet though.

But everything ELSE, I'm tired of. Not just in the game. Bah. Bah, I say!

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
You have a very appropriate username, in that regard...
Yep. It's one reason why I use it. I started using it originally just for the heck of it, but I was told so many times in the course of one week that "it's really fitting" that I've stuck with it ever since. I'm very negative by nature.

And then I've kept hearing that over and over as time goes on. I perform my role well! Even if I dont know what my role is half the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom