• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm sick of ________

maxie

Full Squid
im sick of elitre users with all damage ups - just bc i cant get near them at all bc they dont have to charge for as long and if you try to splat them at close range they either flee or spam burst bombs

tbh i normally change lobbies when i get a player like that, it ruins the fun for me

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
im sick of elitre users with all damage ups - just bc i cant get near them at all bc they dont have to charge for as long and if you try to splat them at close range they either flee or spam burst bombs

tbh i normally change lobbies when i get a player like that, it ruins the fun for me
As a CEliter main, I'm sick of it too. I don't savescum, I don't spend a bazillion snails on rerolls, I don't have 9 str up subs. At most I can have 3 mains and 2 subs, and honestly it can make the difference on some shots, but usually I need to 2-shot anyway, or I'm going to have a larger charge anyway. I can barely play without at least one main dmg up, but I can't even imagine stacking all that dmg up. Usually I take 1 main and 2 subs. I like my quick super jump for my beacon mobility and my swim speed up to deploy them fast. But in sniper wars of sniper v sniper it's so irritating how they can usually win due to all their stacked damage.

I'll flee to get a shot from another vantage, but I gave up the bombs for the beacons. Falling back to a superior position is too useful! ;)

More annoying to me is I'm sick of all the run speed/swim speed up stackers that fly by like they eat rocket fuel. I can't hit that, how am I supposed to play against that? Then they bunny hop and abuse the lag while moving at 3x the speed of a squid. :mad:

CknSalad

Inkster Jr.
I am tired of playing splat zones on certain maps especially Moray, Blackbelly, Hammerhead, Mall, and Saltspray Rig (great name for the map because it does create a lot of salt for many). I know that I need to work on splat zones a lot more compared to tower and rainmaker, but the mode for whatever reason just does not appeal to me in general especially in solo q. So many times I see teammates sitting back not wanting to die, while I just hopelessly look at the timer go down. So I push slowly and methodically as possible and then see some of my teammates push with me. Then hope is lost again when the teammate to the left of me does commit pushing with me and then lets me die only to finally push on his own on the point and then die right on the splat zone.

As others have said, I am tired of eliters as they have so much map presence (fine, I understand you have to slowlly and methodically catch them when they fire a shot and them surprise kill them right at that moment). Not only that, they can just spam burst bombs to deal with close encounters. Rollers have recently been an issue as well (typically I know if I miss-positioned or miss-timed my encounters) and I hate to blame lag, but last night it was especially bad where I was luna blaster neo and blasted the guy twice right next to him and did not even get a trade. I have had a time where I shot 5 shots with octo on a roller, he bounces off me, I shoot him twice more, and then he just kills me a second later...

Overall, I think I am really getting burned out with this game due to a certain set of weapons just being used all the time in ranked. I would like to experiment with other weapons, but the problem is I don't want to rank down doing so and I am really against making an alt account and making C/B ranked players suffer because of that. I can squad, but my friends do not have much time to play as well.

Legacy

Inkster Jr.
I'm sick of of trading kills with the enemy even though they should've died by my shot(s), but my hits don't register until it's too late.

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
I'm sick of being stuck in the A-A+ ranks while my clanmates breeze through like it was nothing.

Award

I'm sick of Jr.s with bubblers. Completely sick of it. They charge the bubbler faster than any other bubble weapon, so every single time you try to fight one they just put up a bubbler!

Sick of alts, too. So tired of getting trounced by a "level 14" that goes 14/2 while I go 2/5 and they dominate our whole team. This past week or two it seems rampant like everyone had a "lets create an alt" convention or something.

I am tired of playing splat zones on certain maps especially Moray, Blackbelly, Hammerhead, Mall, and Saltspray Rig (great name for the map because it does create a lot of salt for many). I know that I need to work on splat zones a lot more compared to tower and rainmaker, but the mode for whatever reason just does not appeal to me in general especially in solo q. So many times I see teammates sitting back not wanting to die, while I just hopelessly look at the timer go down. So I push slowly and methodically as possible and then see some of my teammates push with me. Then hope is lost again when the teammate to the left of me does commit pushing with me and then lets me die only to finally push on his own on the point and then die right on the splat zone.

As others have said, I am tired of eliters as they have so much map presence (fine, I understand you have to slowlly and methodically catch them when they fire a shot and them surprise kill them right at that moment). Not only that, they can just spam burst bombs to deal with close encounters. Rollers have recently been an issue as well (typically I know if I miss-positioned or miss-timed my encounters) and I hate to blame lag, but last night it was especially bad where I was luna blaster neo and blasted the guy twice right next to him and did not even get a trade. I have had a time where I shot 5 shots with octo on a roller, he bounces off me, I shoot him twice more, and then he just kills me a second later...

Overall, I think I am really getting burned out with this game due to a certain set of weapons just being used all the time in ranked. I would like to experiment with other weapons, but the problem is I don't want to rank down doing so and I am really against making an alt account and making C/B ranked players suffer because of that. I can squad, but my friends do not have much time to play as well.
If it makes you feel any better lag is a roller killer, too. So many times with Carbon I'll sneak up right on someone, or better yet, jump from above to land the kill only for it to not register, or for them to teleport behind me instead of in front of me. And with the range of Carbon if you miss your ohko, you're pretty screwed. (And laggy Krak-on/Splat rollers are just as irritating if not moreso, since if they teleport, they can just steamroll me.)

Sucks for eliter too, because I end up missing half a dozen shots because the thing I was hitting wasn't actually there at all, and the stupid krak-on can just whiz by me making me look like an idiot (bonus points when I randomly shoot in ink NOT where he is just to disrupt his path, and it ends up getting the kill because that empty patch of ground is where he REALLY was!

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
No, they become noticed when you play CElter and are depending on your beacons to still be there to jump back to. They'll have been used. Every time.
Are you sure opponents haven't been destroying the Beakons? Whenever I see an enemy Beakon, I destroy it on sight.

It's really hard to tell for me if they've been used or if an opponent has destroyed it and the area's been since covered back in our ink, unless I see them actually super-jumping there (either onscreen or on the GamePad).

zzrrdd

Inkling
NNID
zzrrdd1308
I'm sick of connection issues, and stupid rollers who just roll into the battlefield. Perfect bait for an Elitre main like me :)

Award

Are you sure opponents haven't been destroying the Beakons? Whenever I see an enemy Beakon, I destroy it on sight.

It's really hard to tell for me if they've been used or if an opponent has destroyed it and the area's been since covered back in our ink, unless I see them actually super-jumping there (either onscreen or on the GamePad).
It depends on the map, where I put them, but mostly I keep them within our half of the map behind walls in defensive positions. I don't deploy them forward because they're not really for the team to use so much as for me to jump to solid fallback positions (I'll deploy 2 in the case of important positions so if someone uses one I can jump over and replace both.)

A place like Mahi, the enemy will destroy them easily in the frequent base raids. Mahi & Skatepark I generally don't even deploy them anymore due to that. Places like Flounder & triggerfish they'll often get taken out by inkstrikes - those I'll certainly notice. But teammates will certainly jump to them as well. Even if I'm standing right next to it.

Also, my teammates don't cover areas back up with ink :p;)

zzrrdd

Inkling
NNID
zzrrdd1308
It depends on the map, where I put them, but mostly I keep them within our half of the map behind walls in defensive positions. I don't deploy them forward because they're not really for the team to use so much as for me to jump to solid fallback positions (I'll deploy 2 in the case of important positions so if someone uses one I can jump over and replace both.)

A place like Mahi, the enemy will destroy them easily in the frequent base raids. Mahi & Skatepark I generally don't even deploy them anymore due to that. Places like Flounder & triggerfish they'll often get taken out by inkstrikes - those I'll certainly notice. But teammates will certainly jump to them as well. Even if I'm standing right next to it.

I find that beacons are a way to stay in control of the entire team. It's almost as if you're setting up strategies and positioning for your team. They are visible on the map however, which makes them quite vulnerable.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Oh yeah, that's right, you get people who don't ink much. Whenever I use Beakons, regardless of which weapon I use, I'll usually be the only one using them. This is probably because I place my Beakons primarily near the middle, hidden in a corner or in an area difficult to access by opponents. Due to that, more often than not, any Beakons I haven't used myself will still be standing there when the match ends, assuming we win. If the opponents are overcoming us, my Beakons will all be gone because opponents get rid of them.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid

I've noticed that anytime I'm running a set with beacons, they need to be placed very frequently, because the team will absolutely use them if they're there. And the opposing team will absolutely destroy them if they're spotted. In optimal spots, you'll usually want to place more than one if you need to rely on that location. You'll have to be careful about placing them right next to your camp spot, because the GamePad isn't always precise enough with Super Jumps and someone may accidentally jump to your beacon instead of you.

As for what I'm sick of...there are honestly a few things lol, but to keep it fairly brief, I'm SO sick of Hammerhead Bridge in general. That stage needs to die a slow painful death. I'm sick of blasters and chargers in ranked. And I'm sick of the trek from S to S+ being such an insane grind. And LAG KILLS. Jesus, lag kills. We don't need sudden random teleports as a hidden ability, coolthanks. -_- / rant

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Oh sweet! a bitching thread! Well Im sick of people bashing ink brush and people that use them especially if the people in question are able to pull their own weight in a match. Too frequently have I seen people call the ink brush a 'meme' and the worst weapon in the game and tell other people to use the octo brush instead, people being rejected from a squad because they use the ink brush, Ive even heard people purposefully DC because they see an ink brush on their team; Saying these things can turn off alot of newer players experimenting with a weapon that may be perfect for them. Honestly this doesnt even just go for the ink brush but for all the other weapons that are looked down upon like the Aerosprays, Squiffers, etc.

TL;DR If someone wants to use a weapon, let them and try not to be a richard about it.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
Oh sweet! a bitching thread! Well Im sick of people bashing ink brush and people that use them especially if the people in question are able to pull their own weight in a match. Too frequently have I seen people call the ink brush a 'meme' and the worst weapon in the game and tell other people to use the octo brush instead, people being rejected from a squad because they use the ink brush, Ive even heard people purposefully DC because they see an ink brush on their team; Saying these things can turn off alot of newer players experimenting with a weapon that may be perfect for them. Honestly this doesnt even just go for the ink brush but for all the other weapons that are looked down upon like the Aerosprays, Squiffers, etc.

TL;DR If someone wants to use a weapon, let them and try not to be a richard about it.
I LOVE the Octobrush Nouveau, it's honestly one of my mains nowadays in RM & TC matches. I think the Octobrushes have the safest sets overall, while the Inkbrushes have a bit more of a learning curve, and can be hard to use effectively since they're among the few real close combat weapons in Splatoon. With the abundance of ranged/heavy hitters in upper tier ranked nowadays, I can see why they've fallen behind in popularity, but all brushes in the right hands can be so deadly. They're among the best flanking weapons in the game, imo, especially paired with Attack Up.

One capability Inkbrushes have over Octobrushes is the potential for insanely quick and unpredictable splats. The only issue is that with the amount of ranged weapons in the game, they usually need bulked up defense & speed for safer approaches. An Inkbrush running Attack Up, Defense Up & Swim Speed Up I think can have really awesome potential.

Some weapons are looked down upon, but in my opinion very few weapons in Splatoon are terrible/"not to be used." I have seen very, very good Inkbrush users, just as I've seen really impressive Aerosprays. That being said, I've learned the hard way that Ranked is generally a problematic mode to experiment with new weapons. I always try to practice or opt for Turf War when I'm using something for the first time.

Bronte

Inkling
NNID
AkaBronte123
Switch Friend Code
SW-4396-2592-5120
im sick of hitting someone when they should of been splatted, but instead, lag kicks in and they splat me instead, then seconds after they finally get splatted. (ive found that the bubbler helps with this but still, the lag sucks)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm sick of losing when I'm the only person on my team who gets a positive K/D

And I wish I could be a little better at Splatoon so I could carry my teammates a little more often

ThepicfailGamer

Inkster Jr.
i hate it whenever I win, the teams change, and I have to normally carry my team, but when I lose I am always on the losing team, Nintendo needs to make better team pairing. Lost 2 ranks to this, now B-
NNID:will54321
Level 31

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
I'm sick of the rainmaker's tornado making an "I hit something" noise even when it hasn't bloody hit anything!

Just me and one guy, no one and nothing else around. Boom, I fire the rainmaker. It makes a noise indicating the tornado just hit the person. Great! I can move on now-- BOOM splatted by other guy. What the hell did the tornado even hit? This happens all the time even without any splash walls or beakons or anything. It's frustrating and really screws with my rainmaker progression. I can't even trust it anymore when it actually DOES hit someone.

It's worse than when you snipe someone and they kraken immediately after the "ping!" indicating you splatted them. Well, okay, maybe not, but it's definitely a top contender for that. Blech.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
^ I know exactly what youre talking about; I just try to wait for the kil indicator to pop up before I advance, otherwise I assume they are still alive.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm sick of the rainmaker's tornado making an "I hit something" noise even when it hasn't bloody hit anything!

Just me and one guy, no one and nothing else around. Boom, I fire the rainmaker. It makes a noise indicating the tornado just hit the person. Great! I can move on now-- BOOM splatted by other guy. What the hell did the tornado even hit? This happens all the time even without any splash walls or beakons or anything. It's frustrating and really screws with my rainmaker progression. I can't even trust it anymore when it actually DOES hit someone.

It's worse than when you snipe someone and they kraken immediately after the "ping!" indicating you splatted them. Well, okay, maybe not, but it's definitely a top contender for that. Blech.
Pay lot's of attention to the top of the screen. One thing I notice my teammates doing a lot that I try to be better at is extremely fast development if the enemy team has no people left (maybe even just one), since in rainmaker, sometimes my team still holds back, probably since they didn't notice that we killed everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom