• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm sick of ________

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I'm tired of tentateks and .96 gals being considered "OP" while I manage to suck at both (ok, I'm not HORRIBLE with TTK, but not very good either.)
Especially when you occasionally get people who take 4-6 shots with the .96 to kill which defies the laws of Splatoon physics. Lag and fake hit markers are very punishing to Gals. With your Ink consumption and slow rate of fire, you pretty much have to get a kill within 3 shots at most. When lag screws with that, you end up burning through ink pretty fast.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Especially when you occasionally get people who take 4-6 shots with the .96 to kill which defies the laws of Splatoon physics. Lag and fake hit markers are very punishing to Gals. With your Ink consumption and slow rate of fire, you pretty much have to get a kill within 3 shots at most. When lag screws with that, you end up burning through ink pretty fast.
Yeah, the gals supposedly dominate....I know that's an accepted truth...but I just can't make it happen. I seem to do much better with "inferior" weapons. And even the TTK that's loved for how fast it kills....for me, it's definitely not a terrible weapon, I can do ok with it, but all too often I never land that 4th shot. Whether it's lag & fake hits or what, I weaken more often than kill with it. It's irritating since it's the weapon so good it should play itself....

Though the fake hit markers are much worse on eliters. Numerous times I get the ohko kill sound....and nothing happens...and no kill indicator shows up.

Combine that with bomb rush lag (both framerate lag and net lag) and bunny hopping lag spammers....

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
I'm sick of seeing people complaining about splatoon :V
Just kidding, kek
I guess... I'm sick of dying to the same people over and over again, without figuring out how to adjust for survival. I know it's my fault for not rolling with the punches, but when you try something new, it doesn't work, and frustration sets in, you tend to make stupid little mistakes that make it easier for the same people to kill you over and over.

NaomiTao

Inkling
I avoid Ranked after new weapons/maps for this reason.

I'm sick of people using chargers that don't know how to use chargers. I'm talking under 100 points of turf covered during the entire match. I know people need to get used to new weapons, but under 100 in three minutes?

Also, teammates that ignore squid beacons when they have full control of an area. How long do you think you're going to control that area if there are three squid beacons you're not bothering to get rid of? AAAGH!
Wat if your a new player....

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Being easy Sniper prey on Moray Towers. Once you have a sniper or two hanging on the opposite side, you better pray that you have an Inkzooka/Killer Wail or can somehow get past them in order to flank them.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
And yeah, as for the beacons, I don't understand people who place them really close to spawn, similarly to the people who place sprinklers on spawn (which I actually see a lot)...I'm just like....why...? X_x It's interesting that you're mentioning Inkstrikes being an issue for your beacons, because I main a few weapons with Inkstrike and I'd really never waste it purely on a beacon or two. That feels counterproductive when you could be pressuring the enemy team, shielding yours or freeing the Rainmaker. A key exception is if there's a large scatter of them in a key area that needs clearing, and/or my team already has a huge advantage and I have more options to strike. I try to just place them consistently throughout the match, though in faster paced confrontations it can be easy to overlook. ^^;
With me, where I target Inkstrikes depends on the mode and what the game status is. Where I use the Inkstrike is vastly different in Rainmaker, for instance, between if the Rainmaker is in a shield out in the open, if a teammate has the Rainmaker, or an opponent has the Rainmaker. But regardless of the mode, Squid Beakons are always a low priority for me. I'd only go after them if I can't find something better at that immediate moment, which is rare as opponents are always a higher priority than Squid Beakons for me.

Beacons: The people who place them near spawn are either A: Newbies that don't know you can jump to spawn without one and think they're being helpful and B: People who switch weapons a lot and often forget their sub at the moment so they throw one fast at spawn. The only map I intentionally do so on is Triggerfish in TW with CEliter on the little platform in front of the gates directly in front of spawn. When I seen an incoming flank attempt, the extra few seconds it buys versus jumping to spawn and jumping up the log fence can be invaluable to jump in, charge up, and clear the gates.
As for NEAR the spawn point, I think that's an entirely different matter altogether. I've found myself as a Super-Jump endpoint when I'm near the spawn point a lot, so I know people frequently super-jump to areas near the spawn point. I'd bet they put Squid Beakons there because they'rethe type to super-jump there.

Now, there are times when I find that super-jumping to someone near the spawn point is preferable over going to the spawn point, but those are rare: It's only if I'm already deep into the stage, the opponents are all on our half, and there's a teammate or a Beakon near the spawn point. All three of those have to happen.

Award

As for NEAR the spawn point, I think that's an entirely different matter altogether. I've found myself as a Super-Jump endpoint when I'm near the spawn point a lot, so I know people frequently super-jump to areas near the spawn point. I'd bet they put Squid Beakons there because they'rethe type to super-jump there.

Now, there are times when I find that super-jumping to someone near the spawn point is preferable over going to the spawn point, but those are rare: It's only if I'm already deep into the stage, the opponents are all on our half, and there's a teammate or a Beakon near the spawn point. All three of those have to happen.
For me the only value of a beacon "near" spawn is if it's on an elevation that other wise takes time to ascend. The grate directly across from spawn up the wall on skatepark, the little shelf over the fence in front of spawn in triggerfish (good place to snipe into the gates, but takes a second or two to get there from spawn which can matter.)

Most other situations I'd rather lose the second jumping to spawn and swimming out than pausing to drop a beacon and refill from it :)

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Yeah, I never intentionally put a Beakon near the spawn point unless it's, as you mentioned, a place that's not that easy to access. My point was that there are too many people playing who super-jump from the spawn point, after they've been splatted, to someplace just a few feet away. That's why I think I see Beakons right near the spawn point sometimes. I mean stuff like the chamber directly in front of the spawn point in Arowana Mall, the rectangular area right below your spawn point in Moray Towers, one of the ramps leading up to the grates in Kelp Dome, or near the second rotating structure in Museum d'Alfonsino. People really DO super-jump from spawn to these spots.

Award

Yeah, I never intentionally put a Beakon near the spawn point unless it's, as you mentioned, a place that's not that easy to access. My point was that there are too many people playing who super-jump from the spawn point, after they've been splatted, to someplace just a few feet away. That's why I think I see Beakons right near the spawn point sometimes. I mean stuff like the chamber directly in front of the spawn point in Arowana Mall, the rectangular area right below your spawn point in Moray Towers, one of the ramps leading up to the grates in Kelp Dome, or near the second rotating structure in Museum d'Alfonsino. People really DO super-jump from spawn to these spots.
LOL, yeah almost all of what you list is bad, EXCEPT the ramps to the grates in kelp. For CElitr those are ideal places to jump between if you don't have access to the center tower yet. I do use the ramps/grates for beacons on the right side. Stopped on the left, too easy for them to get shot, so I put them CLOSER to spawn...in front of the ramp. Won't work well in any ranked mode though.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Squidbagging.
oh man, I hate squidbagging...
Just had someone squidbag me every time I died: even when he hadn't killed me.
for 12 matches!

if I ever manage to invent a way to punch people over the internet, believe me, I will use it!

Last edited:

IcyWind

Inkling
NNID
tenshiiicywind
The fact that wifi is the only way some people can play online without buying an adapter. My record between splatting someone and in turn getting splat by them is about 2 seconds. Its worse when I think about how there was nothing I could really do to prevent it, especially if it ends up costing us a push or the game

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I'm sick of laggy rollers on Port Mackerel and I'm sick of laggy Inkzookas. :mad:
They're my bane.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Yet again, I'm tired of Moray. Mostly in Turf War: I refuse to even TOUCH ranked if Moray or Arrowana are up, they annoy me that much. Though I dont play Ranked all that much anyway compared to turf war.

But Moray though, my one and only needed tactic: Choose a splatling (why the hell would I use something that ISNT that when that map is up?), stand in one spot. Same spot every single time. Keep firing. Keep firing. Reload. Keep firing. Keep firing. Reload. Keep firing. Shoot some guy that tried to come up the ramp (still not actually moving). Keep firing. Reload. Keep firing. Match over, won, by not moving from that one spot. EVER. Didnt die despite not moving.

Whoever made this map needs a new job. At McDonalds. I'm so completely bored already that I'm ready to just go play something else. I keep forgetting that I can look at the front page of the site here to see what maps are up... I really need to remember to do that BEFORE firing up the game, in case of Moray or Arrowana.

There, mini-rant over. My work here is done. For now.

EDIT: Map changes while typing this. Happily, I go to see which ones are up! Unhappily: Arrowana.

That's it, I'm just done for now. GG, Splatoon. GG.

Swampster

Inkling
NNID
YarnConfusion
There are plenty of things that really anger me.
  • Squidbaggers/seabaggers.
  • Moray Towers.
  • Camp Triggerfish.
  • E-Liters.
  • Getting disconnected from matches, especially when winning.
  • Getting spawncamped.
  • Getting splatted at the same time as my opponent due to lag when I should have survived.
  • Moray Towers.
  • Poor team composition, even though it's nobody's fault but the RNG's.
  • Rolling for slots and wasting plenty of Super Sea Snails in the process.
  • Getting so close to splatting someone, but then they hit the Kraken panic button and splat me instead.
  • Losing because the opposing team fired all of their ready Inkstrikes in the last few seconds and they covered just enough turf to make a difference.
  • Getting splatted by surprise roller attacks.
  • MORAY TOWERS. I really don't like that map.
Of course, this just confirms that I need to git gud...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom