• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm sick of ________

Silver_1357

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm sick of YOU.
;)

OK, OK. I'm sick of my teammates acting stupid. I'm also sick of the Right Stick not responding when I press it.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
OK, OK. I'm sick of my teammates acting stupid. I'm also sick of the Right Stick not responding when I press it.
I'm sick of wasting a special by accidentally clicking the right stick.
Okay it doesnt happen often but it really messes you up when it does. Especially if your special is Wail or Inkstrike. RIP

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Okay it doesnt happen often but it really messes you up when it does. Especially if your special is Wail or Inkstrike. RIP
Ugh yes this bit is sooooooo irritating.

WHY cant that just be on... any other freaking button? Heck, one of the top buttons isnt even mapped to anything, is it? Why in the world is it not just set to that? Or at the very least, give us the ability to set the controls ourselves, like most games do.... sigh.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I sort of have the opposite of this problem. I usually have trouble pressing a control stick down, I've never had do that before, so it feels weird and difficult and I'm still not used to doing it, so I'm usually not able to actually use my special in time to save myself. I wish we could remap buttons so I could make is on the L button.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I guess we can all agree button mapping should be a feature in all games haha.
It doesnt bother me to the point that I would definitely change it, but there isnt any reason why it couldnt be L, or B or something

@Anaru and agree with you there. Bubbler is arguably deadlier than Kraken imo

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
BY THE WAY

Why is Bubbler only 180p while kraken is 200p?
And why does Jr., one of the 3 fastest inking weapons in the game, get the fastest charging special? Give that thing inkzooka! And of course it's always the Jr.s that are lag spamming and bunny hopping that activate their bubbler AFTER I hit the roller on their head, and come out unscathed and kill me! :mad:

It also highlights just how poor a turfer the Custom Hydra is if it takes so long to charge it.

I guess we can all agree button mapping should be a feature in all games haha.
It doesnt bother me to the point that I would definitely change it, but there isnt any reason why it couldnt be L, or B or something

@Anaru and agree with you there. Bubbler is arguably deadlier than Kraken imo
Only if the enemy has one. Never if I do :p

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm sick of how every time I try to write Splatoon on this forum it changes my word to Platoon and I have to fix the word.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I'm sick of both my teammates and my opponent's teammates repeatedly disrupting my duels. (Must be what crashing a squid party feels like.)

There we are on the field. Powering up(filling our ink). Circling one another. Moving in and out of range. Squiding and weaving. Taking hits. Giving hits. Ink flying everywhere. Anime speed lines. A climatic battle for the fate of the entire map.

Then one of us is shot by the other's teammates.

Stay out of my inkbrush vs inkbrush duels! :p

(And any of my brush vs brush fights while you're at it! *huff*)

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I'm tired of the bit where I do something really awesome, but then follow it up by somehow managing to throw a Point Sensor at my own feet (this is not helpful for tracking the enemy, it turns out), or some other equally idiotic move. Looks real dang smart when I do that, yep.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
LOL, yeah almost all of what you list is bad, EXCEPT the ramps to the grates in kelp. For CElitr those are ideal places to jump between if you don't have access to the center tower yet. I do use the ramps/grates for beacons on the right side. Stopped on the left, too easy for them to get shot, so I put them CLOSER to spawn...in front of the ramp. Won't work well in any ranked mode though.
But it takes maybe 5 seconds to swim from the spawn point to either of those ramps.

I sort of have the opposite of this problem. I usually have trouble pressing a control stick down, I've never had do that before, so it feels weird and difficult and I'm still not used to doing it, so I'm usually not able to actually use my special in time to save myself. I wish we could remap buttons so I could make is on the L button.
Yeah, when I first played Splatoon, it took me some time to be able to press the button without leaning my thumb to one side and turning the right control stick instead.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I'm sick of teams with one e-liter, 2 splatterscopes and any shooter. Once they get map control, it's impossible to get it back.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i hate the fact that snipers can kill you with burst bombs they shouldn't get rewarded with camping it should be hahah i got to u now die

Award

But it takes maybe 5 seconds to swim from the spawn point to either of those ramps.

Yeah, when I first played Splatoon, it took me some time to be able to press the button without leaning my thumb to one side and turning the right control stick instead.
It takes 2.5 seconds to lose control of mid. There's not many places in kelp to place beacons, but those locations allow quick traversal back to the other side if there's activity going on there. It's not so much about going from spawn to Ramp A so much as going from Ramp A to Ramp B and back again.

This only works in TW, though. Maybe Zones. There's too much back and forth in RM and TC, the beacons get shot out too fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom