• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm starting to miss facing Japanese players.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That was an actual quote LOL (Austin Evans)

I wanted a Switch so desperately for Splatoon 2, in the firsts platoon my gamepad charger broke April last year so I was stuck for a year and a half not playing any of that addiction :(
I had to sell my Wii U last year (health issues and you know, health comes first). Just like you, I couldn't play Splatoon for over a year. One year and five months, to be precise. Thanks to a good friend, I got a Switch, though. I am really pleased.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
I had to sell my Wii U last year (health issues and you know, health comes first). Just like you, I couldn't play Splatoon for over a year. One year and five months, to be precise. Thanks to a good friend, I got a Switch, though. I am really pleased.
That's the issue of being a child; you have no control over yourself. If I was your parent I would just hide your wii u until you get better. Makes more sense doesn't it?

But yeah it sucks not being able to play the most addicted game on the market but hey at least we're back

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That's the issue of being a child; you have no control over yourself. If I was your parent I would just hide your wii u until you get better. Makes more sense doesn't it?

But yeah it sucks not being able to play the most addicted game on the market but hey at least we're back
I am not a kid and let me just say there are a lot of problems that come with adulthood. Responsibility is super annoying, for a starter! So listen to this granny (exaggerating much?) and enjoy your time as kid.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
I am not a kid and let me just say there are a lot of problems that come with adulthood. Responsibility is super annoying, for a starter! So listen to this granny (exaggerating much?) and enjoy your time as kid.
That's what I'm trying to do but I can't o_O

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Obviously you need more than one session to draw a conclusion. Do it 2 or 3 more times and see if it consistently happens. I'm not inclined to believe this immediately because stranger things have happened in this game with it's unbelievably odd matchmaking.
Well, to further elaborate, we played three games with the Japanese names and consistently got only Japanese players, but after that, we switched our names back and there wasn't a single Japanese player in sight. We could probably try this again, though.

Last edited:

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Well, to further elaborate, we played three games with the Japanese names and consistently got Japanese players, but after that, we switched our names back and there wasn't a single Japanese player in sight. We could probably try this again, though.
What could this possibly mean if it's tried again with no difference? :rolleyes:

Moscorat

Inkling
NNID
Themoscorat
Of all the times I was beaten by a name that I couldn't even pronounce, I still had fun! But now I have got so tired of seeing names like Jack or Dad that are probably using Dial up due to how much they teleport or are probably holding the controller upside down. Funnily enough the Japanese players I have fought against never had this issue to this extent in Splatoon 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom