• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

In your opinion: Map and Mode combos that make you go "Nope."

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Personally, any map combo that has TWO Splat Zones that are FAR away makes me go "Nope, not playing Splatoon now."

Specifically, Port Mackerel... i don't even touch ranked when it's on Splat Zones.

For Turf War, i don't mind many maps, but Blackbelly Skatepark kind of vexes me.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Moray towers and any ranked mode (turf war is fine). If there is one weapon i have trouble facing it's chargers (i'm getting better at fighting them, but i'm not quite there). I do play it sometimes, but i avoid it as much as possible. Also i'm getting really sick of saltspray splatzones. I know the map has this disadvantage to it (i barely notice it, but i know it's there), but I haven't played any other mode (excluding turf war) on that map in months and it's annoying -.- i want to play tower control on it. not rainmaker because you can stall it in the back. They should make a giant wall there that blocks the back of that map. Also blackbelly rainmaker but i think they removed it from rotation all together. Every other mode+map combo i'm fine with.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Moray and Flounder on any ranked mode, especially if it is Rainmaker. I don't mind the chargers. The problem for me is the fact that what would be the splat zones are almost always being camped by a roller whenever I play. Either there or when you jump onto the perch from your spawn on Moray, or a roller is camping in the corner in Flounder because why not.

J.E. Rodríguez

Inkling
NNID
JoSeDu27
Blackbelly in splatzones... it's not even that bad, I've won a lot of matches, but i don't like how easy it is to camp in this map

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Moray Towers and Tower Control is quite difficult for me to play on. In order for me to successfully benefit my team, I would need to push very hard on each floor of elevation, then keep track of each falling or shooting enemy that spawns.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Port or Arowana Rainmaker. It is so easy to either push forward or be pushed back in these stages. Not so much Walleye since it has a bit of elevation unlike Arowana's ramps that stop progress a bit.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Whenever Moray Towers or Arowana Mall are in the rotation, I will refuse to play Ranked. I hate both of those stages so much and I just can't handle playing Ranked on them. I'm also not fond of Rainmaker on Mahi-Mahi Resort, so I'm starting to avoid that as well.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I hate Museum in all modes.

I will not play Arowana Rainmaker.

I'm also not a huge fan of maps with two splatzones.

I used to hate Moray in all modes, but now I just find it mildly irritating.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Anything that says Rain Maker. Particularly "corridor" maps like Walleye and Hammerhead.

Anything on Arowana. It's weird, I used to love that map. Now, I just can't play worth crap on it and groan every time I see it.

Turf War on Saltspray. Again, I used to love this map. Problem is, I keep getting teamed up with people who don't understand the important places you need to cinch down. They let the other team take the top square no problem, then spend the rest of the match getting wiped out trying to take it over. The few chances we manage to secure it, they scatter to different parts of the map and let the enemy take it back instead of keeping a few people there to rack up kills and send one or two out to ink other areas. For some reason, I keep getting teamed up with the "gotta cover this walkway trololololol" people.

alienintel

Inkling
NNID
alienintel
Personally, I don't mind most maps on any of the modes, but if Moray Towers or Port Mackerel come in the rotation for Splat Zones, I'll play but reluctantly. The zones are too far apart, and capturing both for more than a few seconds is unlikely, making a knockout win also unlikely. I used to hate Museum d'Alfonsino but its more mildly irritating to me now.

Njok

Bouncer
I wouldn't go as far as not playing certain rotations but when it's Moray and Mahi Mahi zones at the same time, I sigh. Lobbies with 4+ E Liters aren't my favorites.

skyphoi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
melancholywish
Mahi Mahi TC is the worst on my list, but I might get used to it. Museum in any mode is also pretty irritating so far, but again - I might get used to it eventually. Moray can also be no fun since often there's more than one E-Liter that you have to dance around. But I usually don't bother avoiding any maps because I don't want to wait hours again to play!

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Tower Control on any Stage. . .
I despise TC so much.
I'd reluctantly agree with you on this one....

Tower Control feels like there's only one solution to win.... But i'm probably playing it wrong. Even so, i still feel like TC is a "Stay on it or we lose" mode.

Personally though, i like Rainmaker on Museum. That map demands you have a plan for it on that mode.

Lord_Espurr

Inkling
NNID
wheresthetoliet
For me it's Moray Towers splat zones and Saltspray Rig rainmaker. They just turn into huge bloodbaths and I never have any fun playing them.

F1r3tar

Inkling
NNID
F1r3tar
Splat Zones in general, because it's the hardest mode to make a comeback on if the enemy team has central control.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Splat Zones in general, because it's the hardest mode to make a comeback on if the enemy team has central control.
I'd say TC is. Once the opponent gets to a certain point, it becomes more and more difficult to prevent them from moving. I mean, QR, QSJ combinations came about almost exclusively for this game mode, and it wins games too. TC is just too much going on at once, and there's not enough feeling of accomplishment at the end of the match, to warrant me to ever pick it back up again. It's a mess of a game mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom