• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

In your opinion: Map and Mode combos that make you go "Nope."

F1r3tar

Inkling
NNID
F1r3tar
I'd say TC is. Once the opponent gets to a certain point, it becomes more and more difficult to prevent them from moving. I mean, QR, QSJ combinations came about almost exclusively for this game mode, and it wins games too. TC is just too much going on at once, and there's not enough feeling of accomplishment at the end of the match, to warrant me to ever pick it back up again. It's a mess of a game mode.
I get where you're going. It does become extremely hard to get a team off the tower once they've pushed it really far, but that's where specials come into play. I honestly think it's harder to make a comeback with specials on Splat Zones, because a more centralized control point grants the other team with more movement options, and an easier time to pick off players on your team especially on maps like Kelp Dome.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I'd say TC is. Once the opponent gets to a certain point, it becomes more and more difficult to prevent them from moving. I mean, QR, QSJ combinations came about almost exclusively for this game mode, and it wins games too. TC is just too much going on at once, and there's not enough feeling of accomplishment at the end of the match, to warrant me to ever pick it back up again. It's a mess of a game mode.
That's what makes it so beautiful. It's pure, complete, clinically tested & doctor recommended chaos. Everyone jumps on the tower and all hell breaks loose. I get to enjoy it from afar, and it truly is a wonderful bit of theater seeing 6 brushes or rollers trying to smack each other at the same time. Even if I lose, I can't stay mad because it's hilarious.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
Here are some of mine:

- Splat Zones on Kelp Dome

- Turf War and Splat Zones on Flounder Heights

- Turf War and Splat Zones on Camp Triggerfish

- Splat Zones on Port Mackerel

You may notice a lot of splat zones on that list, but despite all that I actually do like splat zones on most of the other maps, especially Blackberry Skatepark, Walleye Warehouse, and Museum d'Alfonsino.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
That's what makes it so beautiful. It's pure, complete, clinically tested & doctor recommended chaos. Everyone jumps on the tower and all hell breaks loose. I get to enjoy it from afar, and it truly is a wonderful bit of theater seeing 6 brushes or rollers trying to smack each other at the same time. Even if I lose, I can't stay mad because it's hilarious.
Yea, lol, that's my problem with it. I like structure and games that aren't just who ever is on the tower and manages to kill someone. Splat Zones requires at least a little bit more strategy and effort, Rain Maker requires you to find ways to the goal, Tower control is simply a game of get to the tower first. The set path means the enemy knows exactly where you are going, and you know exactly where they are going. There's no way to swerve off the path and go down an alternate route like you can in RM. I just strongly dislike TC, I have ever since its creation.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Moray in Turf. It's fine in the other modes.

Triggerfish in Turf, as well. That lousy chokepoint drives me nuts.
I'm totally with you.

Not too long ago there was a turf rotation of Moray and Triggerfish. It was awful. Chargers everywhere. No alternate routes. I find those maps boring because the games play out almost exactly the same very time.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I'm totally with you.

Not too long ago there was a turf rotation of Moray and Triggerfish. It was awful. Chargers everywhere. No alternate routes. I find those maps boring because the games play out almost exactly the same very time.
Yeah, I used to like Triggerfish until everybody figured out that you can just sit on the wall and shoot anybody who dares to try and get by. It's one of my faves for Ranked, though (well, maybe not Zones)

Port Mac really, really needs to change, guys and gals. Remember when it was a Splatfest map? My team must have spawn trapped 50 other teams at least, it's such a boring way to win.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
If I'm in a squad it doesn't really matter what map it is, but in solo matches I tend to avoid:
  • Saltspray in any gamemode.
  • Arowana Mall in any gamemode.
  • Moray in any gamemode.
  • Hammerhead Rainmaker

beehives

Inkling
Moray towers in tower control dear god why and hammer head bridge in turf,rainmaker,and splat zones not in tower control though.

Ambunny

Inkling
NNID
Ambunnie
I like all the maps and modes, but for some reason lately Piranha Pit on any ranked mode gives me trouble. The map feels too "open" somehow, and nearly every match I've played has multiple camping e-liters or dynamos that end up with huge k/d ratios. The conveyors also make it harder to dodge appropriately at times. That being said, I don't openly avoid the map, I just play a little more defensively on it. And usually run a quick respawn/comeback set with special charge up/saver so I have more zooka to coax them off perches.

theflaminggamer

Inkling
NNID
theflaminggamer
Even though I play rollers, Moray towers + Splat Zones is completly dominated by them. Running through the area with your roller down can capture it almost instantly.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Moray Towers any Ranked Mode. Because I know for a fact any time I play there, the enemy team will have at least one E-liter. Probably more. And it wouldn't be as much of a problem if my main weapons weren't all short range.

I also just hate Saltspray Rig with a burning passion for no real reason in particular. I guess the name fits, because every time I play on it I'm so salty I might as well be a salt truck spraying it. If it comes into rotation and I don't want to play the mode it's not on, I'm like "Hey that outside thing people are always talking about sounds interesting!"

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
The only thing bad about Splat Zones, that i can figure, is dual zones that are miles apart from each other. You have to actually stratedgize on those ones... and for a lack of voice or chat, that's pretty hard.

Inkling
NNID
screer1
Anything on splat zones! I just don't find it enjoyable like Tower control or Rainmaker. If someone forced me to play it at gunpoint and it was Hammerhead bridge........ oh..... shoot me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom