• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Lana turned to Vin, figuring someone had to notice him, even though she was a bit nervous about talking to Inklings. "Greetings to you, my friend," she said politely, in Inkling. "It is the nice...good to be meeting you." Then she was unsure whether to shake his hand or attempt the hand-clapping thing Inklings did to each other. She raised her hand and pointed to it, nearly whispering in her nervousness: "You...you are wanting to hit the hand, sir."

(She's doing her best.)

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp then realize that the registrations for ink battle duos are ending soon. "See you guys around!" Coral said. Kelp then said, "We have to register for ink battle duos right now, sorry for leaving too early!", it was then that they hurried to the tower in Inkopolis Square to register, the lobster at the table asks Coral and Kelp a few questions. "What are your names?" to which Coral replied "Coral and Kelp.", the lobster then asked the second question "Are you able to respawn? It is the rules that only those who can respawn are allowed to participate." To which Kelp replied "Yes."

After the lobster directed Coral and Kelp through a lie detector, it was confirmed that they can respawn. The lobster asked one final question, "What ink color you want to use for the duo?" Coral and Kelp agreed for the ink color to be blue. "Blue", both of them said. "Alright", said the lobster, "You're now part of a duo.", while he said that, both Coral's and Kelp's tentacles turned blue along with their eyebrows. Coral and Kelp then hurried back to the table to show everyone there that they are now a duo.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(I'm thinking of changing Lana and Noah's surnames. Does Ikeda ("ike tako," meaning pond octopus) or Kasada ("kasa tako," umbrella octopus) sound better?)

(Maybe tako for a last name for both and the other parts as middle names?) (edit: just realized the options were Ikeda and Kasada, my bad! I think I like Ikeda a little better but it’s not really my decision.)

None having found anything too interesting, most of Sheldon’s picks Cole recognized from Inkopolis Plaza, Cole left Ammo Knights almost empty-handed. He did find some ‘new’ kind of blaster, the Clash Blaster, but a Turf War was the next battle in line, so Cole pocketed it for another time. Hmm... Cole thought. A Turf War sounded really fun for right about now, so Cole grabbed his Roller and headed for the tower. Huh, the crowd from earlier was looking a lot smaller... Maybe they went on a Salmon Run shift? Cole shrugged of the thought and headed towards the tower. He’d better hurry, he needed to renew his registration after not doing any Turf Wars for a while.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(After trying to write in Japanese, Chinese and Korean (Japanese to update my Niconico account, the other two for no reason other than to see what I remember), I feel like I'm starting to realize how those Octolings feel...this might actually help me write their dialogue and actions!)

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp enter the tower to play some Turf Wars, starting the road to fund their neighborhood so that it can flourish. Their first teammates consisted of two Inklings who take battling very seriously, the Dualie Squelcher wielder wore the 18K Aviators, the Black Inky Rider, and the standard Moto Boots, he had the "slick" hairstyle. The other inkling wore the Squid Hairclip, the School Uniform, and School Shoes, she had the "wave" hairstyle and she wielded the Splat Charger. The match was on New Albacore Hotel and the colors were Blue vs Orange.

(Not going to try to name the gear that the other team uses because it will take a lot of memorizing and going back and forth between pages seeing how there are so many options in Splatoon 2, so you can just picture the opposing team's gear composition however you want, but weapons are going to be mentioned. Also, you could say that Coral and Kelp are wearing the Fake Lens to explain their lack of visible headgear.)

Last edited:
(Oh wait I was rushing Cole into the tower because I thought we were all going to do a turf war together, haha. I think that works better though. Also I think I understand how Inkings feel, I can only understand English!)

“What!?” Cole had missed the Turf War round by only a few seconds! Now he’d have to wait at least a couple of minutes or so, which wasn’t so bad, just mildly annoying to walk out of the tower just after entering... Oh well.

Cole remembered the strange duo that had beaten him to the Turf War. Weren’t they apart of that group from earlier?

Actually, wasn’t a normal Inkling talking to them? And these foreigners seemed to appreciate the Squid Sisters a lot more than your everyday Inkopolis Square Inkling, so they couldn’t be that bad!

In fact, Cole was feeling pretty silly for doubting them. It was rude to judge people before meeting them.

Walking out of the tower, Cole made sure to give a wave towards the remains of the group.

Cephalobro

(Oops)

The timer starts and both teams go to ink the ground before them, the Splat Charger user already plants herself before one of the grate bridges, Coral goes ahead to the middle and he encounters the Blaster player from the other team. After many shots coming back and forth from Coral's Octo Shot and the opponent's Blaster, he manages to splat her, sending her back to her team's Spawn Point. His Dualie Squelcher teammate was the second one to arrive in the middle and he encounters a Mini Splatling user, after a lot of dodging, he manages to splat him. Without Coral noticing, there was an Inkbrush user sneaking behind him, he got splatted from a surprise attack, but was avenged by the Splat Charger user.

The timer now hit 2 minutes as both teams battled it out, Kelp went straight into the opposing team's area, she waited for the most dangerous member of the opposing team, an Undercover Brella user and almost splatted him via surprise attack, she swung her Carbon Roller, despite her best effort to splat him, she got splatted instead.

The timer now hits the 1-minute mark, it is now or never for both teams! The battlefield now being mostly blue and orange from all the ink, both teams trying their best to win, the Dualie Squelcher used his special, the Tenta Missile, this scared the opposing team, giving Coral and Kelp the opportunity to rush them and they did right when the mark was now 30 seconds.

After 30 seconds, the battle is over, Judd and Lil' Judd now tally up the scores to decide who inked the most ground. After close results, the victory went to Coral's team. Coral and Kelp celebrate by hugging each other, the Dualie Squelcher user pulls stunts with a smirk while the Splat Charger user winks.

Coral and Kelp decided to take a little break since their first sport battle was a little more intense than they thought, they decided to return to the Square, where they saw Cole there.

Last edited:
(Nobody has posted in a while, so I hope no one minds if I start it back up? I know finals and stuff are making people busy, so I don’t mind if nobody responds for a while because I’m busy too!)

After giving a wave towards that group by the tower, Cole was surprised to see the two missing members leaving the tower. They had walked over to him, maybe they thought he was talking to the other group members?
“Hey?” Cole fried.

(Okay I don’t really know how character interaction is supposed to work, I’m guessing nobody minds if we control each other’s characters at least a little bit like I did? I’m fine if anyone wants to do the same, and I’ll change it if not!)
(Edit: I fixed it?)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom