• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Cephalobro

The boat departs back to Inkopolis.

"That was... oddly fun." Kelp admits, "There's still something about Salmonids that scare me."

"What is that?" Clam asks, only hearing just now about Kelp's fear of Salmonids.

"I just don't know, maybe it's because they are unpredictable." Kelp responds.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope and Mac get off the boat once it docks back at Inkopolis. They exit Grizzco and Super Jump back to the neighborhood. Hope enters her house, hoping to get some shut-eye.

Cephalobro

(I got an idea about Coral's dream, which will be done right now.)

Everyone goes to sleep once they get home, Coral starts having a dream but doesn't say anything in his sleep.

"Come on Clam, we can't let DJ Octavio take our neighborhood!" Coral says, seemingly getting outnumbered by enemy Octarians.

"But how are we supposed to beat his army when we are starting to get outnumbered?!" Clam asks in the heat of battle. "We even lost all of our friends!"

Just as the two brothers are the only ones left, two adult Octoling figures jump right into the fray and start wiping out DJ Octavio's Octarian troops. The two figures are one male and one female.

"Do not give up my sons." the male one says.

"...dad?" Coral asks.

"We are proud of both of you." the female one says.

"Mom?" Clam also asks.

"We thought we lost you forever!" Coral says, in happy tears.

"I still protected Coral with all I could!" Clam adds.

"We know." the female responds.

"Coral, I want you to make sure others don't suffer a big loss, we may never see each other again in the physical world, but remember that your mother and I will always be with you and Clam." the male one says as the dream ends.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(I'll admit, you got me tearing up a bit with that, and you're right. No matter how many losses we experience, and even though our friends and family may not with us anymore, they'll always be with us in our hearts.)

Cephalobro

(Yeah, I just wanted to give Coral and Clam full closure.)

The two brothers sleep in separate beds, Coral wakes up.

"Hey Clam." Coral whispers.

"Uhh... yeah Coral? Did you have a nightmare of the Chainsaw Shark again?" Clam asks, a little groggy.

"No, it's just, I had a dream that we were doing our best to defend the neighborhood against DJ Octavio's minions and well..." Coral starts explaining.

"Were we winning?" Clam asks a follow-up question.

"No, but something unexpected happened again, our parents came to save us. I just want to say, thank you for all of the times you have protected me. I know I never said it before and I'm sorry for forgetting." Coral finishes explaining.

"It's nothing, I'm just doing my duties as the older brother after all." Clam responds. "To tell you the truth, I too have sometimes gotten to the point where I wanted to cry about our parents, but I decided to tough it out for your sake. I did cry when you weren't back here so you wouldn't see me like this."

"Oh Clam, you didn't have to hide your emotions because of me, I did a bit of toughening up when we were enlisted in General Anemone's army to fight DJ Octavio's." Coral replies. "Anyways, we need to make a pact."

"What pact is that?" Clam asks.

"That we have to protect the neighborhood and everyone in it at all costs, not for us, but for everyone who lives inside it. This means that we are there for our friends and our girlfriends." Coral says.

"Then count me in, Ocean has recently opened up to me and I don't want to lose her." Clam accepts. "What if you get homesick again?"

"Don't worry about that, Kelp will be there to comfort me when we come back for a short break." Coral says.

"And what about you being in danger? You're the only one left alive in our family who can have descendants, I would really hate for you to be permanently splatted." Clam starts thinking.

"Well, we remember how we fought against DJ Octavio's army? When the both of us fight as a team, we have proven to be unbeatable. There's a reason why General Anemone trusts us so much to accomplish his missions. We are both smart and quick, so in the event that DJ Octavio decides to attack our neighborhood, we will be there to stop him and his army." Coral explains again, then adds "We as a duo have proven that we can be unbeatable, it's like our dad's skills have been passed down to us. Both he and mom would definitely be proud of us for helping the defenseless."

"...I really can't argue with that, after all, our dad's skills are what inspired General Anemone to create the Octospartans unit." Clam accepts. "But remember that your survival is still one of my priorities."

"And I will make sure you also survive as well." Coral responds, "Anyways, good night Clam."

"Good night Coral." Clam replies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom