Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Cephalobro

While Coral and Kelp wait, Kelp gives Coral a surprise kiss on his cheek.

Kelp: That was for helping me get over my fear of Salmonids... mostly.

Coral: Heh, it's nothing. Once you get the hang of fighting Salmonids, the uncertainty becomes so much less than the first time.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Evelynn sees Sean fiddling with something, alive and safe just as she’d left him. Evelynn feels guilty for leaving him for so long, “Hey,” she says, “I’m sorry I was gone so long~”
Sean turns around, his face lighting up, and walks over in two strides to give her a big hug. “You’re back! I’m just glad you’re okay.” He gives her a shy awkward smile and pulls away, realizing that he just threw his arms around a random girl he just met. Evelynn knows how he feels- somehow, although she hates to it admit it to herself, she has already grown attached to the (former?) Salmonid Prince, despite having vowed to herself long ago to never grow attached to anyone, since it always ended in hurt.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Evelynn gives him a rare, reassuring smile. “It’s okay, don’t worry.” She hugs him back quickly and her sharp ears detect his heartbeat speed up significantly. It is all she can do not to let hers do the same as she hastily pulls back, pretending to have a good excuse for doing so. “I, ah, should find a way to disguise you… people are going to take notice if you walk into Inkopolis dressed like that. I mean, I like it, don’t get me wrong, but they’re not really accustomed to… well, you, I guess.”

Cephalobro

Coral: So Kelp, did you get to see your parents again after we escaped Octo Valley?

Kelp: I saw them again, and they are considering moving to the neighborhood.

Coral: Well, I hope they accept me being your boyfriend.

Kelp: I hope so too.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Evelynn’s face flushes a bit as she studies Huchen/Sean intently from head to toe to come up with the perfect disguise. She has no idea why, but she suddenly has an overpowering desire to violently splat anyone who dares to try to hurt Sean. Her webbed hands twitch a bit and she bites her lip.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope offers to check up on Evelynn and the odd Salmonid, and Mirage follows. Now that everyone is back in Inkopolis Square, Sven waddles up to Mirage, quacking curiously about the new arrivals. "Oh. Them? We met them on a Salmon Run shift," explains Mirage.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp, now back into their usual gear, are excited to finally donate all they have earned in this Salmon Run for the neighborhood to get a lot closer to its funding goal.

Coral: We will see you guys in a bit.

Kelp: It won't be long.

With that, Coral and Kelp superjump to the Octarian neighborhood and make their way to the funding box inside, dropping all of their cash they earned from this Salmon Run. They then superjump back to Inkopolis Square to join back with the group.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
(Thanks guys :3 by the way because y’all have stated multiple times that you like my art style so much I’m posting a pic of the rough draft sketch of Huchen/Sean in the Character Sheets thread rn!)

Cephalobro

Now that they have done what they have planned, Coral and Kelp sit at a table near the Crust Bucket.

Coral: See? Fighting the Salmonids isn't as scary you first thought.

Kelp: I guess I had a little bit of fun, but I think I just want to take a break for the rest of the day.

Coral: You know, we haven't done a proper date yet, and now that there's nothing that could possibly go wrong, we could finally go on one.

Kelp: Where do you think we should go to have a date night?

Coral: Hmm, maybe at the top of Flounder Heights. No battles take place there anymore from what I have heard.

Kelp: That could be a nice place to watch the stars from.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Evelynn and Sean hide out in an abandoned building where Evelynn has been staying since she first came to Inkopolis. They’d decided they needed to do something about Sean’s unusual skin tone, so Evelynn had picked up some body paint from the MakoMart. “This’ll help you blend in,” she explains when they return to their hideout. “It’s harmless and will fade away after a month or so, but I’ll have to completely cover your skin with it.” Then a thought suddenly occurs to her. “Um, if th-that’s o-ok with y-you…” she says awkwardly. Sean blinks. “Well, go ahead…?” he says.
“I uh- can’t do it when you’re, uh- fully dressed…” Evelynn stutters. Sean considers this and then is eyes widen a bit in realization. “Oh… well, whatever it takes… I’m okay with it, I think… I-if you are…?” Evelynn blushes hard; she hadn’t planned this far ahead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom