• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Cephalobro

Coral: Yeah, we could try to go to Marooner's Bay again, but I don't think Grizzco is open right now.

Kelp: I heard the only time Grizzco is open at night is when a Splatfest happens.

Cephalobro

Coral: Hmm, maybe there is something in our neighborhood that can help with this. The only problem is that I would need unanimous permission from its watchers as well as General Anemone.

Kelp: We won't tell you what it is since it's classified information. But if you all promise to keep this as a secret, and I mean REALLY promise, then we could use it.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral: Okay, good. Because if this thing fell into the wrong hands, it could be the end of cephalopodkind as we know it.

Kelp: Coral and I will go back to the neighborhood and ask permission. We will tell you whatever is this secret thing's capability once we're out of earshot of the public.

Coral and Kelp then lead the others to the Octarian neighborhood, focused on finding the classified thing they mentioned.

Last edited:

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
~Meanwhile~
Evelynn suddenly finds herself in a net. The next moment she feels rough, cold hands grab her from behind. She senses that they are small, but strong. She tries to make a sound but one of those hands clamps firmly over her mouth. She cannot speak.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Zia blinks. “.-- .- .. - .-.- / ... .... . . ..- ⸺ -.. / .-- . / -. . . - / -... . / ⸺ . . . . -.- .. -. --. / .-. . . . .. / . ...- . ⸺ .. .. -. -. -..-.“
{Wait, should we not be looking for Evelynn?}

Cephalobro

Coral: We will look for her, but Grizzco is closed so we need another fast travel method that won't get us splatted immediately.

Kelp: Plus, as we have seen, some Salmonids have really tough scales.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Sean nervously rubs the hidden scales on the back of his neck. “Y-yeah, true,” he agrees hoping no one thinks he is acting suspicious.
Cory senses his nervousness (Cory has empath powers) and flutters over to Sean and sits on his shoulder reassuringly.

Cephalobro

Coral: Now remember, this is to be kept a secret.

Kelp: We can't say this enough, the power of what we will be riding in is too dangerous to use it commonly.

Coral: Now stay at the entrance here, we will come pick you guys up after getting permission.

Coral and Kelp go to a deeper part of the neighborhood, somewhere that their friends can't even see. At a secret location, Coral and Kelp decide to talk to the watchers inside, but General Anemone is seemingly the only one there inspecting the security of the place. The Octohurler general is confused in seeing the two Octolings entering. "Why are you two here?" General Anemone asks. Coral and Kelp would need to lie a little bit to get the permission, but they also get worried about the Salmonids also launching an all-out attack on the neighborhood, so I guess it's for the benefit of Octarians as well.

Coral: Kelp and I noticed Salmonid behavior changing while we were in a Salmon Run. And typical about Salmonids is that their footsoldiers use non-ink weapons.

Kelp: So we decoded one talking about attacking the neighborhood with a weapon that can't be affected by ink at all.

Coral: We should really strike the Salmonids hard and stealthy so we can destroy this weapon before they have a chance to use it.

"I will let you use this, but I will need to ask permission from the watchers." General Anemone gives permission then goes to get the other required permissions in another room.

Last edited:

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Sean and Zia stand and wait nervously with the others. Suddenly Sean spots a Spyfly, a spy-bug prototype designed to look like a Glowfly that his uncle Commander Sockeye had been working on, hovering next to Zia, who hadn’t noticed it (or if she had, she’d just assumed that it was a regular insect as he had at first). Sean panics. What is that doing here?! Did someone send it to spy on me?! Sean realizes that his theory of Evelynn being kidnapped may have been correct. He hastily snatches the Spyfly out of the air and crushes it before anyone can notice. Zia gives a start and shoots Sean a bewildered look.
”Mosquito,” Sean quickly explains apologetically, pretending to rub the insect remains on his pants while really stowing the destroyed remains of the Spyfly in his pocket for later investigation.

Last edited:

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Zia studies him with a bemused look. “. . .... ..--.. / -- .- -. .. .. / - .... .- -. -.- ... / - . . / .. .. . . ..- .-.- / - .... . -. ..--..“
{Oh. Many thanks to you, then.)

Sean nods. “O-of course..”
~Meanwhile~
Evelynn wrestles with her mysterious kidnapper in the shadows of the dark alley.

Cephalobro

General Anemone comes out of the room, "They all said you can use it, but make sure to keep it concealed and out of sight." he tells Coral and Kelp.

Coral: Thank you so much!

Kelp: We promise that we will keep it out of reach of the Salmonids and any other enemy plotting against us!

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Evelynn freezes, thinking rapidly, then removes her gloves and shoves her venomous spurs through the net into the darkness, hoping they will connect. Finally, she feels them make contact with flesh and sinks them satisfyingly in. Her kidnapper lets out a startled, pained grunt and loosens their grip slightly, releasing their hand from Evelynn’s mouth.
“Who are you?!” Evelynn demanded in a deadly-soft growl.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp then enter what it was that needed to be kept a secret, which is called a Tenta-geddon. It's a large, bulky ship that can go underwater and hover high up into the sky. The ship itself does not use ink as ammo or any part of its weapons but it instead uses extremely hot and high-pressured water that can slice anything in half. It also shoots high-pressured water bullets, easily punching holes through any walls it comes across. The ship itself has complete immunity to any ink-based attack. There are seats on the inside and buttons for all the controls. Coral and Kelp sit on the only two pilot seats.

Coral: Remember, we can't let the Salmonids claim this, or the neighborhood is done for.

Kelp: Right!

The ship whirls as it starts levitating to the ceiling of the place in which it has opened, then stops right above the group, lowering ladders for them to climb.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
(oh oooooof XD)
Evelynn hears a feminine voice hiss under its breath , “CARP! Gah, that- ow! Fish this stupid mission, no one told me she would fight back! Why did I have to get the hard job??”

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Sean stumbles back a bit in shock. What the-?!
Zia, always one up for an adventure or challenge, doesn’t hesitate.
“.. . . . -- . / . . -. / ... . .- -. .-.- / -.. . . / -. . . - / -... . / .- / ... .. . .- . .. . -.. / ⸺ .. - - ⸺ . / ..... .. --. . . . -. ---. / .. . . . -- . / .. . ⸺ .. -- -... / .-- .. - .... / -- . ---. / . .. .- .. . . / .. .. .- ---.“
{COME ON SEAN, DO NOT BE A SCARED LITTLE PIGEON! COME CLIMB WITH ME! RACE YA!}

She quickly makes her way to the ladders. Sean and Cory exchange glances, then Cory gives a tiny sea butterfly shrug and nuzzles Seans nose reassuringly before flapping to join Zia who had already begun climbing.
”B-but… I’m s-scared of heights…” Sean muttered under his breath. He didn’t want to be left behind though, so after pausing to gather all the courage he had, he followed after ZIa uneasily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom