• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Suddenly, some ink flies out of the Deepsea Metro and hits Hope. "Target acquired. Sanitize," a Sanitized Octoling says robotically. Oh... no... They're still around?! Multiple Sanitized Octarians come up and take Hope to the Deepsea Metro to be sanitized, breaking the voice box and her weapon to make sure no one will help. It seems that Hope's nightmare turned out to be true... but how? "コーラ!ケルパ!たすけ!" [Cora! Kelpa! Help!] she yells for help as she's dragged away. No one will understand her now, but she still tries.

(I greatly apologize for what I have done...)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(Don't worry, I always wanted Coral and Kelp to disguise as two different Agent 8s for a long time now, so I will use this opportunity to do so.)

"Oh carp!!" Coral yells out.

"Why this early?!" Kelp responds with a similar reaction.

"We have to report this to General Anemone right now, who knows what could happen to Hope?!" Coral superjumps back to the neighborhood.

Kelp follows him.

"General Anemone, we need you right now!" Coral yells.

The Octohurler general quickly makes his presence known.

"You are very distraught, did something happen?" General Anemone asks.

"Yes! Something horrible happened! Hope was octonapped by Sanitized Octarians!" Coral answers, scared at what could happen to Hope.

"We have to do something about this, uncle! Not only is Hope in trouble, but this could be an early attack by the Sanitized!" Kelp frantically explains.

"Alright, both of you calm down. I think I have an idea on how you can rescue her. Follow me." the Octohurler tells the two to follow him, "I, unfortunately, can't send the entire army down there, as we would lose too many to the sanitized ink."

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The Sanitized Octarians hook Hope up to a blood bag full of Sanitized Octarian ink, then walk over to the entrance to guard it. Hope screams in pain, trying to resist and fight back. Something in her pocket glows bright yellow, and Hope grabs it and takes it out. It's a pendant with a ring and four spikes protruding from it. She puts it on, and it seems to help her resist it. Fortunately for her, the blood bag stops transferring ink. Unfortunately, the ink seems to have manifested into a goopy blob that vaguely resembles a Sanitized Octoling with red, glowing, piercing eyes. Hope is also exhausted from fighting back, as she passes out on the cold, dark, metal floor.

(I'm basically saying that I based Hope off of the Hoopa in the 18th Pokémon movie. Once again, I greatly apologize for what I have done...)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"So, how are we supposed to find Hope?" Coral asks.

"You will be disguised, while the Sanitized Octarians might not be able to tell who was down there, they can still tell apart someone they never saw." General Anemone answers.

The Octohurler general leads Coral and Kelp to a changing room, then shows them clothes that look like Agent 8 outfits.

"Is this what we will wear down there? I don't think this will protect us from sanitized ink." Kelp tells her doubts.

"This is merely to keep your true identities a secret from whoever is behind this octonapping." General Anemone explains. "Also, you will need to go down there with a different hairstyle for the disguise to work."

"Okay, then let us change our outfits real quick." Coral is in a hurry.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to give you this." Kelp gives General Anemone the broken voice box that Hope dropped. "I will give the Splattershot Jr. back to Hope so she can defend herself from the Sanitized Octarians."

After this, Coral and Kelp took the Agent 8 outfits and went into the changing rooms.

Coral is the first to come out.

"Well, at least these pants are comfortable." Coral takes a look at his disguise.

Kelp is the second to come out.

"I didn't think I would wear a skirt and heels for a mission before." Kelp also takes a look at her disguise.

"Now the only part left is a change in hairstyle." General Anemone gives them a machine that changes Octoling hairstyles without cutting them.

Coral and Kelp took turns changing their hairstyles. Coral now sported the "Punk" hairstyle while Kelp sported the "Tentacurl" hairstyle.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Unfortunately, the Sanitized Octarians broke the Splattershot Jr. after breaking the voice box, so Hope can't defend herself even if she wanted to. She can no longer do Turf Wars, either. It seems that the Sanitized Octarians are going to carry out Commander Tartar's plan even after it was destroyed. How will that work?

Hope is still passed out from exhaustion. She doesn't know if anyone will help her now. The pendant stops glowing, and the blob sees this as the perfect opportunity to go out to Inkopolis and stand in front of the Metro. It does so, not seeing anyone who can stop it.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp get out of their neighborhood as fast as they can, Kelp forgot to bring the Splattershot Jr. with her, but decides to keep going because Hope is in trouble. They superjump towards the entrance of the Deep Sea Metro, seeing a blob taking a humanoid shape guarding the entrance. They both land, immediately drawing their weapons out.

"What is that!?" Kelp is surprised by what she sees.

"That looks like a Sanitized Octoling, but one that can't keep a form. Regardless, we will get in there whether we beat this thing or not." Coral points his Octo Shot at the figure, ready for a fight.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The red-eyed blob materializes a Clash Blaster in its hands, firing at the Octolings. The blob of ink then throws a Splat Bomb towards them. Suddenly, a bright yellow glow cuts through the darkness of the Deepsea Metro, making the ink blob lose focus.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp barely dodge the blasts and the Splat Bomb.

"Take this you slush scum!" Coral yells out before opening fire on the blob.

"We will get our friend back!" Kelp follows up with a swing on the blob.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The glow brightens, forcing the blob to run back down to where Hope is in an attempt to dim said glow, inadvertently leading them to the passed out Octoling.

Cephalobro

"Hey, we're not done with you yet!" Coral exclaims as he chases the blob.

"Yeah, let our friend go!" Kelp yells as she chases the blob too.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The Sanitized Octarians are alert of their presence, so they allow the blob to pass, yet stay in formation when Coral and Kelp arrive. "So, you wish to save your 'friend,' do you not? Very well," says a Sanitized Octoling, a hint of disgust in her digital voice when she said 'friend'. "If you wish to save your acquaintance..." says another. "...you will have to defeat us first," says yet another.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"That can be arranged." Coral says before shooting at the Sanitized Octolings.

"You are no match for us!" Kelp swings at the Sanitized Octolings.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The other Sanitized Octarians fire at the two to force them to let down their guard. The Sanitized Octolings also fire, but not before dodging out of the way of Kelp's Roller swing.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral activates his Inkjet and shoots at the Sanitized Octarians, splatting many of them, he then aims at the Sanitized Octolings, managing to splat a few in the process. Kelp uses this opportunity to throw an Ink Storm while the Sanitized Octolings are distracted by Coral.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
The remaining Sanitized Octolings use their specials, as well, while the remaining Sanitized Octarians open fire. Hope starts to wake up, but the ink blob knocks her unconscious. It then materializes into a Sanitized Octoling with a dark green shadowy aura around it.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral lands back at his spot and immediately start opening fire at the Sanitized Octolings, splatting a lot more. Kelp helps Coral thin out the numbers of Sanitized Octolings.

"Give up, Sanitized Octarians are so inferior!" Coral says to take away the focus of the Sanitized Octolings.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"本当の?" [Truly?] the Shadow Octoling asks. It points to itself and says "本当の望む." [True Hope.] It then turns to Hope and says "消えぞ!" [Disappear!]

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp managed to wipe out all of the enemies before lunging aggressively at the Shadow Octoling.

"I don't what you're saying, but I don't care what you're saying either, you're going down!" Coral yells very loudly while opening fire on the Shadow Octoling.

"No one octonaps our friend and gets away with it!" Kelp also yells loudly while swinging her roller at the Shadow Octoling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom