• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Cephalobro

Coral, Kelp, and General Anemone go inside.

"Welcome to your new home, Hope!" General Anemone welcomes the small Octoling.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope enters her new house, glad that she finally has a place of her own. "ありがとう、アネモネ様," [Thanks, Anemone-sama,] says the small Octoling.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope gladly takes the offer. Back in Octo Canyon, the kettle containing the group that made fun of her was separate from every other kettle, but they still had to stay alert and on guard for when any Inklings came.

Cephalobro

"No problem." Coral says.

"Oh, and I can totally cook delicious meals for you!" Kelp excitedly adds, "Crusty Sean's Food Truck might be closer, but he only takes tickets for some reason."

"Plus, eating that greasy food every day as part of the three meals would most likely make you sick from all the grease." Coral explains.

"If Kelp isn't able to bring you food, you can always eat at the center of our town, where the food is always fresh. We have that temporarily to allow new arrivals to have something to eat while they earn cash to buy new things." General Anemone says, then adds "Although, you will need to bring some cash to get the food."

"We are working towards getting a food store built so you won't need to head all the way to Mako Mart to buy food." Coral explains again.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope nods, just about ready to nod off and get some shut-eye. She turns the voice box off and places it next to the sleeping bag. She then unzips the bag, gets in, and zips it back up, but not before taking her Cream Basics off and placing her Splattershot Jr. next to the voice box. She eventually closes her eyes and tries to sleep. She'll need the energy for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp head back to their respective houses, while they walk, they talk about certain things as a couple.

"I feel like we acted like parents." Coral points out.

"Me too. I kind of wish you and me shared a house." Kelp says.

"I wish that too, but you know, Clam would be extremely worried about me." Coral answers, mentioning his Octotrooper brother.

"Oh yeah, I also forgot about Ocean being worried about me too." Kelp responds, mentioning her Octobomber sister.

"Well, maybe we should do a little experiment sometime, you and Clam switch places for three nights." Coral suggests.

"That's not a bad idea, testing the ink as a couple that will begin living together one day will be a great way to prepare." Kelp agrees.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope falls asleep, definitely needing the rest for tomorrow's Turf War. She wants to win the next Turf War she'll be doing, but she knows that she might not. Long after she falls asleep, she has a nightmare where Commander Tartar was still around the Deepsea Metro and the blender wasn't broken. It orders Sanitized Octarians to take her from Inkopolis Square and bring her to the blender in the Metro, as well as destroy the voice box and her weapon so she can't call for help or try and escape. They do so, forcing her into the blender against her will. She calls for help, but nobody comes. Eventually, the sanitization process is complete, and Hope is turned into a soulless, mindless, empty husk of an Octoling. She wakes up from the nightmare, not realizing that it was a nightmare at all until she looks and finds the voice box and her weapon not broken. She breathes a silent sigh of relief, though she doesn't know why she had that nightmare in the first place.

(Should we timeskip to the next day?)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(We will, but first, I'm going to have some of my other OCs appear.)

Coral and Kelp are holding hands as they walk toward the houses that they respectively live in.

"I'll see you tomorrow, love you." Coral said to Kelp.

"Love you too, see you tomorrow." Kelp also said to Coral.

They parted ways to their own homes, when Coral got home, he saw Clam sitting on a couch that he found in a junkyard right after escaping Octo Valley.

"Hey bro." Clam greets Coral, "How was your first day doing Turf Wars and working for Grizzco?"

"It was great, a lot of contributions for the neighborhood had been done on my side oh and we met this Octoling whose whites part of her eyes were yellow, how about you?" Coral answers, then asks Clam.

"It was satisfying to have built so much, it's unbelievable that we're almost done with the houses, only 2 left to build and we have accommodated for a large population increase that will happen in the future." Clam responds.

"About that, what about the center where our 2 leaders will be in, you know it's important for them to have a place to stay too!" Coral says.

"Heh! I built that with Ocean all by ourselves." Clam brags.

"Okay Captain Ego, you don't need to brag about that." Coral responds, "Besides, it would take a team effort to have a big place like that built in just one day, even beginning at the hours of the night the day before."

Meanwhile, at Kelp's house.

"How did my sweet little sister do on her first day?" Ocean, who is sitting at a chair she found at the same junkyard, says to Kelp.

"You don't have to call me that every time I meet you, it would be embarrassing if you called me that in front of the public." Kelp responds, attempting to quell her sister's embarrassing habit. "I did a few rounds at Turf War and worked a shift at Grizzco, that one was scary, oh yeah we met this small Octoling who had yellow on the whites of her eyes."

"I and Clam were building a home for the 2 Octolings who will be the leaders of the neighborhood, by ourselves might I add." Ocean says.

"Careful, I know you're my sister, but I don't want you to get a big ego, you're already big enough." Kelp responds, "It would take a lot more than two builders for a home of that size to be built quickly."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that first statement." Ocean quickly says.

Cephalobro

Morning came, Coral and Kelp wait outside Hope's house, Kelp is seen holding a basket of muffins she just baked. Coral knocks on the door.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope wakes up after someone knocks on the door. She unzips the sleeping bag, exits it, zips it back up, puts on her Cream Basics, gets both the voice box and her Splattershot Jr., and exits her house, only to find Coral and Kelp, and Kelp is holding a muffin basket. Hope gladly takes a muffin from the basket and eats it bit by bit. "ナイトメア..." [Nightmare...] she simply says after she's finished eating and swallowed it all, turning the voice box on before she said it.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"メトロ... タルタル... ゾビタコ... 意志に反してブレンダーに期待..." [Metro... Tartar... Zombie Tako... Hope in blender against will...] says Hope, recalling it in bits and pieces. "喉頭と武器を破壊する...." [Destroy voice box and weapon....] she continues. Yeah, that fear is definitely NOT going away anytime soon.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"I'm sorry you had that nightmare, I had one where I was sanitized just as we were escaping Octo Valley." Coral says.

"That was because we just had Sanitized Octarians attack us when we were prepping for the next mission against the enemy, which was not the Sanitized Octarians." Kelp explains.

"To be clear, the enemy was actually DJ Octavio's army trying to keep us down there, despite Octo Valley crumbling around us." Coral clears up potential confusion.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Despite Coral talking about his nightmare, Hope is still afraid. What if they're still out there despite Commander Tartar being defeated and the blender being broken? She doesn't want to find out, so she simply holds her Splattershot Jr. tightly and goes to Deca Tower for a Turf War, inky tears threatening to fall.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp follow Hope to make sure she's okay.

"The Sanitized Octarians have no chance of getting to you, we will lock them all up then set them up for desanitization." Coral says to Hope.

"You are safe from the sanitized while you're up here, not only do Inklings seem to mostly act on instinct, which in this case, self-defense. We will have defense systems that will detect Sanitized Octarians from afar and capture them." Kelp explains.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope takes some deep breaths. "...ありがとう," [...Thank you,] she says, wiping away her tears. She calms down, then enters the tower, ready for the Turf War. 5 cephalopods enter after Hope, leaving only Coral and Kelp to decide how they'll get their pay for today.

(Would you like to choose the stage for this match?)

Last edited:

Cephalobro

(Sure, but I don't think I'm going to pick out the gear of any other characters aside from weapons because it's hard to choose because of so many combinations possible.)

The two teams arrive at Camp Triggerfish. Coral, Kelp, and Hope end up on the same team again, alongside another male Octoling, who has the "Afro" hairstyle and has a Hydra Splatling. The other team is composed of 4 Inklings, the two girls sport the "Hippie" and "Haircut" hairstyles and have a Tenta Brella and a Goo Tuber while the two boys sport the "Topknot" and "Slick" hairstyles and have Dualie Squelchers and a Luna Blaster.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope prepares her Splattershot Jr. for when the timer starts. It soon does, and she inks the turf around the spawn point, before moving forward and inking more turf that way.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp split up to ink more ground.

"This place gives me the creeps." Coral thought to himself "Why did I have to hear about the myth of the Chainsaw Shark?!"

"It's okay, the Chainsaw Shark is not real, it's not real..." Kelp also thought to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom