• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope thanks the two Octolings for simply being there for her to reassure her that she's going to be okay. She takes a few deep breaths, and.... she's ready. Shadow Hope, on the other hand, isn't. It's still enraged at the thought of merging with its other half peacefully.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

The Octocopter with glasses descend upon the three, carrying Hope's voice box, now fixed and ready to be used again.

"This voice box is finally working again, give this to her so she can communicate with others again." the Octocopter gives Coral the voice box.

Coral then passes the voice box back to Hope so she use it again.

"Here, this belongs to you." Coral says to Hope.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(That's... not how the voice box she gave them works. It doesn't translate what she says. It has a button on it with 20 sounds preprogrammed in - in Japanese. When the button is pressed, one of the 20 sounds will play. The sound is random each and every time the button is pressed, cycling through all 20. Or... are they talking about the voice box they gave her when she first got here, the one that DOES translate?)

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
(That makes more sense)

Hope takes the voice box and turns it on, switching it to Octarian in the process. "コーラ?ケルパ?何...何起こる?" [Cora? Kelpa? What... what happen?] she asks, still confused.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"We beat your impostor by using skill in battle and some mind games." Coral tells the story.

"We had to defeat Sanitized Octarians that got in our way, but we took that as a challenge." Kelp continues.

"Once we were done, we brought both of you into the neighborhood, but separate. We brought you to the medical bay area while putting your impostor in prison." Coral explains further.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"影も...刑務所?" [Shadow... jail?] asks Hope. She knows that the ink blob is her shadow, but she doesn't know that they managed to contain it.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"That's right, she's just too dangerous to be kept free." Kelp explains.

"Don't worry, she's locked behind panes of glass, so she can't escape on her own. We know ink-based beings can just slip through bars, which is why we opted for entire panes of glass since glass can't keep ink." Coral reassures Hope.

Cephalobro

The Twintacle Octotrooper came back.

"It turns out that there wasn't any sanitized fluid within her system, though, we can only pick up half of her signal." the doctor says. "That's a strange occurrence for someone who is very much well and no sanitization in the system."

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Maybe they should check Shadow Hope and see if it's the missing piece? Speaking of Shadow Hope, it fires a Shadow Ball at the glass in an attempt to break it, but it flies back towards Shadow Hope, hitting it square in the face.

Cephalobro

"Yeah, it's definitely weird." Coral concurs.

"Maybe it has to do something with the impostor, let's go see her again." Kelp suggests.

With this in mind, Coral and Kelp go back to the prison where Shadow Hope is locked in, once they get there, they see the cell in which Shadow Hope is trapped in.

"Alright, what did you do to her?" Coral asks the impostor in a serious tone.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
It says the same things from before, motioning towards the medbay when it says "本当の望む。消えぞ!" [True Hope. Disappear!] It's talking about how it wants to take Hope over. It wants to replace her.

Cephalobro

"I didn't understand a thing she has said." Kelp tells Coral.

"I think I can piece it together. Many impostors think they are the real person they are impersonating, often wanting to replace him or her." Coral explains. "Let's assume that this is one of those impostors." Coral explains.

"Well, we can't let her replace Hope. We need to find a way to make sure Hope is herself again." Kelp responds.

"I think I have an idea, we will bring Hope here so we can find out what is the exact solution." Coral suggests. "You stay here to make sure the impostor can't break out while I'll get Hope over here."

Coral went back to the medical bay area so he can get Hope to visit the impostor.

"Hey Hope, I think we can find a solution to your problem. Can you follow me?" Coral asks Hope.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope brings the voice box with her, following Coral to where her shadow is. Her pendant glows brightly. "性格を完全に置き換えたい," [Want completely change personality,] she says.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope seems to be correct, as her shadow tells her to disappear. "消えぞ!" [Disappear!] It says, rage in its eyes. It fires a Shadow Ball, only for the attack to hit the shadow again.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"はい。優越感," [Yes. Superiority complex,] says Hope. "望むを超えて考えてください," [Think above Hope,] she continues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom