• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
(Mmmm okay, that sounds good.)
~Meanwhile~
King Chase K. Chinook of the Salmonid Kingdom slowly paces angrily around his throne room (since hes kind of, uhhh how to say this nicely, thicc), which was a large, grimy, dark and damp room filled with cauldrons of jewels, golden scales, and shimmering rare golden power eggs- the treasure. His throne was a magnificent structure mad of polished gigantic skillets and other pieces of scrap metal. It is rather intimidating, but not nearly as much as the king who occupies it.
“Rrrrgh I dont understand why my son is not dead! Why the Otterling is not dead! Why are they still ALIVE??? Rrrrrgh!“
”Sir- your royal fishness- I have news-“ a messenger begins timidly, but King Chinook is not interested in the slightest.
”GO AWAY! I did not summon for you!!!” The king shouts furiously.
“Y-yYes sir,” the messenger squeaks before rapidly scurrying away.
“Ugh everyone is useless around here…” he goes over to a polished piece of metal to admire his reflection.
Suddenly he hears a new voice.
They all fail you… no one else can do this job right. You are a fool to place such matters into their incapable fins.
Startled, the king whirls around (well, as best he can considering his, er… robust size).

Cephalobro

Coral sees a Salmonid wearing what looks like to be a crown. Pressing the speaker button again, he talks.

Coral: Hey you! Have you seen an Otterling around here somewhere?

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp discuss quickly, without the speakers being turned on.

Coral: What should we say?

Kelp: We need to lie to him.

Coral then turns on the speakers again, intending to lie to the Salmonid king.

Coral: We are otter hunters, we heard there was an Otterling around here somewhere, can you point us in the right direction?

Coral and Kelp hope that the lie works.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
King Chinook narrowed his eyes. “Finally someone with a brain... I have a spy sent out to Inkopolis to capture and interrogate this rogue Otterling in the deep sea metro. She was last seen in the alley leading to the metro. Of course, I doubt the spy will be of much use, judging from the way everyone else has let me down. Go find the Otterling and bring her to me. Tell my spy that the king has relieved her of her duties. and should you find a boy that looks like this-” *holds up a black and white sketch that looks identical to Sean* “kill him on sight.”

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral: Alright, see you after that.

The Tenta-geddon hovers back to the surface, the speakers are turned off now.

Coral: Okay everyone, who knows how to make a replica of a person? Because we will need a statue or something similar that looks like Evelynn.

Kelp: Also, we look for her in the Deep Sea Metro.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Sean raises his hand. “I do,” he says, not realizing that the king had just blown his cover to the others. “When you’re treated like a useless piece of disappointing scum, you get bored real easy. I read a lot of books so I learned how to make those and often spent time making replicas of people and objects around me…”

Cephalobro

Coral: Okay, so we need a replica of Evelynn. We have a speaker and microphone equipment back home.

Kelp: We just need a way to put the speaker inside the replica so the real Evelynn can talk through it using the microphone. This is the only way that's probably guaranteed to trick the king.

Coral: We also have spare endoskeletons that were built for robotic guards back at the neighborhood, so we will probably put one of those inside the replica.

Cephalobro

The Tenta-geddon finally resurfaces and hovers back to the neighborhood, hidden from the public before stopping right at the entrance, very close to the ground.

Coral: Kelp and I will hide this ship in the secret location again, climb down the ladders and we'll meet back in a few minutes.

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Suddenly Zia blurts out, deep in thought, “-.. .. -.. / .- -. .. .. . . -. . / . ⸺ ... . / .-. .. -. -.. / - .... .- - / ..... . . .. ... . . -. / .. -. / - .... . / -.. . .. .- .-- .. -. --. / - .... . / -.- .. -. --. / ... .... . . .-- . -.. / ..- ... / .-. .- -- .. ⸺ .. .- . .. -..-. / . . . .. / .-- .- ... / .. - / -.-. ..- ... - / -- . -..-.“
{Did anyone else find that person in the drawing the king showed us familiar? Or was it just me?)

Sean stiffens slightly, althoughgh it is not very noticeable.

Last edited:

TurnItUpAnOctave

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1234-5678-9012
Zia huffs. No one ever listened to her. Sean, on the other hand, visibly relaxes.
“It is extremely important that we find Evelynn. Who knows what could’ve happened to her??” He points out.

Cephalobro

Kelp: We have to be careful with how we approach this. Sean may look like the person in the drawing, but we don't know if he really is. Angering that king is a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom