Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Short answer: no AND yes

every tournament in the series after the first (testfire) will be archived by Splat Ladder, so long as we get their explicit approval. we're in contact with them.

thanks for asking! for any future questions, we made an Ink or Sink q&a: http://squidboards.com/threads/ink-or-sink-q-a.4019/
When you mean Splat Ladder, do you mean Splatoon Community League (SCL), the main league on this site that all of the teams partake in? Splat Ladder is a ladder system that focuses on individual rankings rather than team rankings, which I happen to run.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
When you mean Splat Ladder, do you mean Splatoon Community League (SCL), the main league on this site that all of the teams partake in? Splat Ladder is a ladder system that focuses on individual rankings rather than team rankings, which I happen to run.
i believe we're in contact with both, but that's not really my wing of the committee.

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
Team Application:

Team Name: Sprayze Red
Team Leader: Math
Skype of team leader: freqachu
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-8): Aidan/aidan5678 Lenny/BigPenguini Hey (e)/llama-llama-duck Xeno/XenoPixel Cay/Caysapferg SolidSnake/TheDonGero Galaxy/Galaxeh
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): sρr★
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): No
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes
Main timezone of team: PST

Team Application:

Team Name: Sprayze Blue
Team Leader: Judd
Skype of team leader: bulbajohn
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-8): John/GreatLordChrom13 Sheek360/Sheek360 Blast/Blastytoise Ganon/GanonBoar Dean/dnedun1494 Demiose/iEndZone Ollz/OllztheCheetah
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): sρr★
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Yes
Main timezone of team: GMT

prepare to get meme'd on by (e) and minions

Last edited:

~ath

Inkling
About player and weapon switching: it seems strange to be able to switch players any time, but only weapons after specific rounds.

Rule abiding teams could have an unfair disadvantage if their opponents had multiple accounts for each of their players, allowing them to re-equip after each round.

Considering the nature of the different game modes I feel that swappable loadouts are crucial in developing advanced strategies for each mode- and that such an advantage shouldn't be exclusive to loophole exploits.

TL;DR I propose you keep the player swapping rule, but lift the weapon switching restriction.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
About player and weapon switching: it seems strange to be able to switch players any time, but only weapons after specific rounds.

Rule abiding teams could have an unfair disadvantage if their opponents had multiple accounts for each of their players, allowing them to re-equip after each round.

Considering the nature of the different game modes I feel that swappable loadouts are crucial in developing advanced strategies for each mode- and that such an advantage shouldn't be exclusive to loophole exploits.

TL;DR I propose you keep the player swapping rule, but lift the weapon switching restriction.
we're in discussion about this. (i'm on your side)

thanks for asking! for any future questions, we made an Ink or Sink q&a: http://squidboards.com/threads/ink-or-sink-q-a.4019/

Last edited:

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
^ To add on to that, just a few questions for clarification.

1. What happens if a team breaks a minor rule? (ie, changes weapons after round 1 instead of rounds 2 or 4)
2. What happens if a team breaks a major rule? (ie, uses unlisted members)
3. What happens if squad leaders cannot agree to a set time or if one squad is unresponsive?

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
^ To add on to that, just a few questions for clarification.

1. What happens if a team breaks a minor rule? (ie, changes weapons after round 1 instead of rounds 2 or 4)
2. What happens if a team breaks a major rule? (ie, uses unlisted members)
3. What happens if squad leaders cannot agree to a set time or if one squad is unresponsive?
1. we're thinking a 3-strike-style rule, but haven't had much discussion about this

2: major rule breaking result in disqualification of the offending team

3: we're trying to develop a penalty that doesn't result in disqualification. if you can't find a time for 4 of your team members to take 45 minutes to complete your set, that's a big problem, and we need to keep the tourney moving

thanks for asking! for any future questions, we made an Ink or Sink q&a. please, for the love of the zapfish, use it: http://squidboards.com/threads/ink-or-sink-q-a.4019/

Last edited:

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
Just updated my roster with a new teammate. Still waiting to see if Sora's in or not.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
I've updated our teams, please make any edits necessary :cool:.

Inkopolis Underground A:
Leader:
Zypker | ZypkerGaming
Miz | MissingN
Nayfus | LinkLuigi730
Elliot | Ehitburns
Kile | mayday_29
Light Brand | CobaltWeavile
SciDan | SciDan
GameRo | GameRo247

Inkopolis Underground B:
Leader:
Ending | PikminXOXO
Delta | RCDelta
Loren | Mariolover127
Selina | xSkytte
Orenji | OrenjiBoy145
Cryo | Cinao365
Alpaca | AlpacaJesus
Onikisu | Onikisuarcangel

Last edited:

Protom

Pro Squid
I don't see where the confusion is coming from. Nowhere in the rules is it stated that switching players mid set is allowed. It's allowed BETWEEN ROUNDS, but not mid set. Only weapon/gear swapping is allowed mid round..

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Why does Squiddernauts get to have 3 teams? :p They have 3 teams of 4, which makes that 12 registered. They can just make 2 teams of 6 :p.
We are currently recruiting members and we already had teams formed. Each team has about 6 members and only four from each team can enter because they will be there for the tourney. @ZypkerGaming @[EJ]_Locke

Ivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
godwit1ivy
Team Name: Squid Special Forces
Team Leader: @Ivy
Skype of team leader: godwit1ivy
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-7): @Ivy / godwit1ivy; @Eric / Ganon7dorf; @Rand / rhardenbrook87; @CM2 / chenmaster2; @E-Liter Elite / DroseraC
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): SSF
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): No
Main timezone of team: CST

Batboo

Inkling
NNID
MV_Holiday_Guy_1
Hey guys! I'm currently working on a banner for the tournament and I need your guys' help! Come up with the catchest slogan you can for this tournament. It has to do something with boats and splatoon. Be as creative as you can!

Thanks guys!
Be a boat and sink or use the pink ink to win and not stink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom