• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
There are lots of games that are not competitive and people made it so, Mario Kart Wii being a prime example.

What the issue is with Splatoon is that the game is designed to never accept a tie as a result. Because of this, the games go into overtime when the opposite team has control of the objective in ranked. In Turf War, this does not exist. Even if both teams have exactly 44.8% inked, Judd will automatically pick the team who got to 44.8% last and consider them the winner.

It's not really assuring when the game randomly chooses the winner because the objective winner couldn't be determined.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7

You can create chokeholds on every map. Some are more difficult to defend than others but some are much easier than SS. Walleye is also more broken than Salt Spray is.
Absolutely agree with this 110% as I myself have done this on a number of maps already against the enemy team. xD

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
What are you talking about? Port Mackerel turf war is a pinnacle of the competitive meta, every time someone would shoot ink over into the enemy side of the map the lead would shift to that team! This is the most emergent game play I've seen in years, why you never know who the game will go to! The excitement and glory are unparalleled!! None of these players actually playing it competitively know anything.

/sarcasm
you forgot your ~s

it's ~emergent~ gameplay

Mr.HawK

The Artist
lmao do we need a comedy central roast up in here?
EDIT: oh my god someone should actually make a video with a group of people and do that XD

Mr.HawK

The Artist
alright I just want to make one thing clear. From now on we are NOT gonna do tournaments that last three weeks long unless its a tourney league series. but until then no more delaying because of teams in losers brackets deciding to not continue for whatever the hell reason. sorry for possibly sounding salty but i'm just peeved that its taken this long for people to actually wake up and smell the roses. no offense to teams that have had scheduling issues, i'm not talking about you.

And to the guys over on Imperious 1 we apologize about the delay, we didnt expect for this to take as long as it did

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
TO's, you guys should be more tough with the rules, a lot of miscommunication i do believe, again this tournament should it be done already to be frank with you. Maybe people weren't able to have a good schedule to match up this, tho how many DQ team so far?

Edit: Probably start up with small bracket just like the tourney of Cutefish. i think its very well to heavy start up with a 64 bracket. but just a thought.

Power

Inkling Commander
Yeah definitely we are not doing tournies that are long as hell. That was the major problem with this one. We were also far too lenient to many teams in losers bracket (who should've gotten DQ'd under the rules.) The long tournament plan was a failure this time. It just causes far too many scheduling problems and also decreases the interest in the tourney as it drags on. There will be little tolerance towards circumstances that go against the rules moving forward. I think I can speak for all the T.O's in apologizing for the mishaps and problems that have occurred during the tournament.

Edit: Don't forget about the suggestions topic that will be made after the tournament. I will be eager to see the many ideas proposed to make tournaments run more smoothly than this one.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Yeah definitely we are not doing tournies that are long as hell. That was the major problem with this one. We were also far too lenient to many teams in losers bracket (who should've gotten DQ'd under the rules.) The long tournament plan was a failure this time. It just causes far too many scheduling problems and also decreases the interest in the tourney as it drags on. There will be little tolerance towards circumstances that go against the rules moving forward. I think I can speak for all the T.O's in apologizing for the mishaps and problems that have occurred during the tournament.
YOU WERE TOO NICE! WE NEED ENFORCEMENT! GET THE TASERS!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion

Edit: Don't forget about the suggestions topic that will be made after the tournament. I will be eager to see the many ideas proposed to make tournaments run more smoothly than this one.
Maybe you could do NA and EU tournaments separately so timing won't be an issue and you could fit it in a weekend. You could say Round 1 is 12 pm EST, Round 2 is 3 pm EST, etc.

Power

Inkling Commander
Maybe you could do NA and EU tournaments separately so timing won't be an issue and you could fit it in a weekend. You could say Round 1 is 12 pm EST, Round 2 is 3 pm EST, etc.
Good suggestion, something to consider. I guess we should start taking suggestions right now, as the tournament is nearly over. (new topic maybe)

WydrA

Inkling Commander

You can create chokeholds on every map. Some are more difficult to defend than others but some are much easier than SS. Walleye is also more broken than Salt Spray is.
None of these are effective stalling points like saltspray. Saltspray is a choke point with a massive area to "hide" the rainmaker in. It's the combination that is deadly, not just the chokepoint.
Not to mention just how easy it is to keep north locked down once your team is in there.

Also as aweshucks said, stalling in/near your own base is much more risky than stalling in a neutral zone like north.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
None of these are effective stalling points like saltspray. Saltspray is a choke point with a massive area to "hide" the rainmaker in. It's the combination that is deadly, not just the chokepoint.
Not to mention just how easy it is to keep north locked down once your team is in there.

Also as aweshucks said, stalling in/near your own base is much more risky than stalling in a neutral zone like north.
They are all effective stall points. You drop the rainmaker at a point where you force the opponent into your spawn (as it's the only entrance) to try and capture it. If they all force in you just pick it up and take off through mid.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Is there a full results thread we can have people look at?

Should post one up in the Tournament Results board.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
That's what I thought. I was confused because a feedback thread came up before the tournament finished.

Carry on.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
That's what I thought. I was confused because a feedback thread came up before the tournament finished.

Carry on.
Yup. We're waiting on SS and the Imperious match. The tournament was supposed to end a few days ago but there were a few hiccups. We want to keep with our tournament schedule regardless so the TOs decided to post up the feedback thread right now

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Yup. We're waiting on SS and the Imperious match. The tournament was supposed to end a few days ago but there were a few hiccups. We want to keep with our tournament schedule regardless so the TOs decided to post up the feedback thread right now
When is that match happening? I'd like to see it on a Twitch stream if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom