• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inklings...Roll out!

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yikes, really? And I thought it was bad to have players constantly going south on Saltspray...
Yeah I had to give it a break hallway through because I was getting really pissed off. Made it to king almost entirely off of the losing win bonus of 2 points per match. What was worst was on the 2-3 matches against my own team where the other team of autobots were embarrassingly bad. I am a pretty good player netting 1000-1400 points even when we lose, but it is hard to try and guard important areas (like the north part of Saltspray Rig or the two large sections in Port Mackerel) while still going out and inking turf that my team missed.

Oh well- I am just glad more people and kids have picked up this game recently, so that is a plus.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
I knew I picked the wrong team the moment it hinted good guys/bad guys. The bad guys are literally higher priority for experienced players and was slightly obvious they were going to win. But then again, it was actually challenging being on the underdog side. Oh well, at least I picked Dogs the first time.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
At least I made mad moola carrying the team most of the time :V

Also I'm still getting my Super Sea Snails, so eh.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
Easily the most irritating Splatfest yet for me. Splatfest always seems to bring out the worst players, but this is the first time I've run into players who deliberately stand around doing nothing as a form of sabotage. The usual assortment of dud teammates didn't help matters either. There were also some truly clueless opponents, as always, but I was definitely struggling more to win this time. I guess it's no coincidence that Autobots had the lower win percentage.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
I figured Decepticons were going to win, most of my matches ended 70% to 20% I think my vibe rating was something crazy like 20 by the end.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
And here, I thought our team was doing pretty well.

Enjoy your 6 sea snails you decepticraps

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Oh well; first Splatfest I've lost. Can't say we didn't deserve it though as most of my fellow autobots were terrible. My last team was awesome though and I ended up with a +17.5 vibe, so at least I ended on a good note. It was great, we had 2 NZap 89s and 2 Aerosrpay RGs, so inkstrikes, inkstrikes everywhere. We all looked out for each other, we had good inkstrike placement, had assigned routes, and defended the right areas. The non-verbal communication was good. Lots of fun.

Although I was pretty salty at the time, looking back it is interesting to see just how many players are bad at the game. Either poor map awareness, or always overextending, or even just not being able to aim at all. There are many bad players.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
Lol how the hell did Decepticons win? I went like 27-6 o_O, easiest and fastest queen status yet... took me roughly 3 and half hours, went 14-0 to start it off...

Last edited:

dapperlace

Pro Squid
And here, I thought our team was doing pretty well.

Enjoy your 6 sea snails you decepticraps
Salty Autoclods! 6 more than you're getting!

It doesn't matter though because I have terrible re-roll luck. That being said, I did get what I wanted in two rolls on one item... and then I spent the rest trying to reroll the second. Last roll wasn't bad, though.

I ended up in some bad Decepticons teams, the kind that left me alone at the top of Saltspray Rig. Three on one isn't fun, kids, especially when the other team has higher levels than ours. At least I eventually ended up with a Dynamo roller that knew how and when to superjump to help me out.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I ended up in some bad Decepticons teams, the kind that left me alone at the top of Saltspray Rig. Three on one isn't fun, kids, especially when the other team has higher levels than ours.
Actually, my good teams left me at the top almost all the time. While I am good at 2v1s on flat areas filled with my ink, I think the difference is that my teams actualy listened to my signals though. For example, I don't like defending and painting the back top area with the Nozzle, so after I take care of the enemy I would spam "c'mon' for someone to SJ to me and cover the back while I was on lookout. Every single time, someone came, 'booyahed" and started painting the back then left.

Also, the rare times I couldn't hold my ground or had to face 3 on 1s. I would spam "booyah" a bunch of times. Instead of stupidly super jumping, I would see my team swimming to the area like sharks that smelled blood.

Honestly, this was favorite Splatfest simply because I was on multiple Decpticon teams that knew how to signal. I rarely got ambushed because someone would "booyah" when the enemy is coming from behind.

Very Very proud of my team and can see why the winning % is huge.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I ended up in some bad Decepticons teams, the kind that left me alone at the top of Saltspray Rig. Three on one isn't fun, kids, especially when the other team has higher levels than ours. At least I eventually ended up with a Dynamo roller that knew how and when to superjump to help me out.
You're sure you weren't on the Autobots side? About half of my teams were more focused on the little island in the bottom side than the rest of the map (even the path that leads there was often filled with enemy rollers)

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Actually, my good teams left me at the top almost all the time. While I am good at 2v1s on flat areas filled with my ink, I think the difference is that my teams actualy listened to my signals though. For example, I don't like defending and painting the back top area with the Nozzle, so after I take care of the enemy I would spam "c'mon' for someone to SJ to me and cover the back while I was on lookout. Every single time, someone came, 'booyahed" and started painting the back then left.

Also, the rare times I couldn't hold my ground or had to face 3 on 1s. I would spam "booyah" a bunch of times. Instead of stupidly super jumping, I would see my team swimming to the area like sharks that smelled blood.

Honestly, this was favorite Splatfest simply because I was on multiple Decpticon teams that knew how to signal. I rarely got ambushed because someone would "booyah" when the enemy is coming from behind.

Very Very proud of my team and can see why the winning % is huge.
I love when people know how to listen to signals, it's always sad to see a good team member go. </3

The amount of teams that totally ignored the top of the rig was pretty baffling though. I saw three of my teammates in nearly the exact same spots towards the south of the map while I was stuck fending off people. I mean, I'm pretty good at 2 v 1 but repeated 3 on one matches are pretty horrid, and this happened with a few different teams. Oh, well. We won! And I see that a lot less now that Splatfest is over.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I love when people know how to listen to signals, it's always sad to see a good team member go. </3

The amount of teams that totally ignored the top of the rig was pretty baffling though. I saw three of my teammates in nearly the exact same spots towards the south of the map while I was stuck fending off people. I mean, I'm pretty good at 2 v 1 but repeated 3 on one matches are pretty horrid, and this happened with a few different teams. Oh, well. We won! And I see that a lot less now that Splatfest is over.
I hate that! I always say that in the begin of the battles when recording, and I sound like a broken record. If you see your team mate go a certain way, go another way to cover up as much turf as possible, as quick as possible I say. So many times I'm being followed by another team mate and they're literally covering the same turf, therefore, covering no turf for our team, and yes, they do ignore the back of Saltspray Rig.

Now, I was graced with amazing and experienced team mates for the most part in this recent Splatfest, but I see this way too often on a daily basis... it's annoying, and I know exactly what you're talking about!

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hate that! I always say that in the begin of the battles when recording, and I sound like a broken record. If you see your team mate go a certain way, go another way to cover up as much turf as possible, as quick as possible I say. So many times I'm being followed by another team mate and they're literally covering the same turf, therefore, covering no turf for our team, and yes, they do ignore the back of Saltspray Rig.

Now, I was graced with amazing and experienced team mates for the most part in this recent Splatfest, but I see this way too often on a daily basis... it's annoying, and I know exactly what you're talking about!
On the other hand, as a Brush user I have no qualms about having the team Charger/Splatling follow me to a vantage point since I can cover turf really fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom