• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkoming Version 2.2.0 Discussion

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
''If the Heavy doesn't have much of a problem in the meta, then why doesn't it get picked more?''
No, the Heavy Splatling does have problems in this meta since close range weapons and Ink Armor are so prevalent. It's not that easy to mow down close rangers with a Splatling, that ''half second'' in a head to head fight is enough for any close range weapon to kill you first.
It doesn't help the Heavy at all that you actually need to learn things about Splatlings (like partial charges timing) to be efficient with it, unlike the Forge Pro or N-Zap that takes much less effort for about the same rewards.

Second, because of how Ink Armor works (it blocks 1 shot, and then it has invulnerability frames as it breaks), it can block 3-4 shots of a Splatling before the other person becomes vulnerable again, so it gives them a big enough window to close the gap to kill you or run away. Then latency and/or lag kicks in, making this situation even worse.
The damage buff to 32 will help against that though since armor will break on the first hit, but the point still stands.

Another reason why Forge Pro is being picked over Heavy Deco, is because the Forge can make more efficient use of their bubbles, because of the Suction Bombs and the fact that it doesn't have to charge up and can start shooting at them immediately after deploying them. It gives them more control and they are more free with their bubbles than the Heavy Deco here.
Go into the testing arena and see how fast Heavy takes down bubbles. It's like, 1.5 seconds. Now compare that to the Forge, where you have to wait for the bubbles to have "matured" enough to 1-shot with a bomb. That takes around 3 seconds of waiting.

Besides, Heavy Deco doesn't use bubbles in the same way. Forge usually uses bubbles to push, while Heavy normally uses them to defend, where having them explode faster isn't even that useful because they act as shields.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
why do you care so much what the "pros" think, especially someone judgemental enough to say stuff like Gam3r does? That'd be obnoxious no matter what the topic is. If you like the weapon and know how to counter the meta with it, then the opinion of others shouldn't matter.[/QUOTE}

[QUOTE="You're also overestimating the Heavy's close-quarters capabilities, but I'm not getting into that. The Jet isn't getting buffed.
I listen to the top players because there's a reason they are TOP PLAYERS.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I listen to the top players because there's a reason they are TOP PLAYERS.
Yes, because pros are never wrong on anything or jerks or needlessly opinionated. Why not try thinking for yourself? Still didn't answer why someone else's view of a weapon would negatively impact your own experience using it.

Oh, and the sort of multi-posting you do is technically against the rules, condense your responses into one post or edit existing posts would you?

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Yes, because pros are never wrong on anything or jerks or needlessly opinionated. Why not try thinking for yourself? Still didn't answer why someone else's view of a weapon would negatively impact your own experience using it.

Oh, and the sort of multi-posting you do is technically against the rules, condense your responses into one post or edit existing posts would you?
It's not like I worship them. I know that they sometimes say dumb stuff, but they are the best in the world for a reason. I'm surprised that you are trying to call me out on this when you like to post quotes by Hitzel whenever you have the chance (I can see why though, Hitzel is dope). I DO think for myself. If I didn't think for myself, why do I seem to be the only one who thinks Tentabrella is still a bottom tier? Why am I the only one who thinks that Dualie Squelchers had the possibility to be meta, but players didn't want to learn a new weapon class? Why am I the only one who has seen the power of the Goo Tuber when played correctly? The opinions of others don't affect what I think about Jet. Yes, it feels good when someone big like Hitzel says good things about your weapon, but it doesn't make you stop playing it when others say the opposite. I've already said that many people think Jet is trash. Notice how I still main the thing.

Not entirely sure what you're talking about when you say "multi-posting" unless you mean responding to 2 different people.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
(or, in Gam3r's case, constantly calling the weapon and everyone who mains it bad) because of its subpar painting.
While it is good to listen to pros for advice (they have the most competitive experience to verify their points and judgements), you shouldn't take their words for everything. They might be sleeping on something that's could be "meta"

An example, not too long ago was with bubble blower. Before clam blitz, a lot of players didn't see the value in the special. But suddenly, once people started to use it, it's been called "broken" and "meta" ever since. It's not like it got buffed or anything. Other people who aren't exactly "pros" tested it out and it became mainstream.

Also, "pros" are people too, so they have opinions on things. Which means everything they say isn't a fact. And they're biased. Like how Gamer constantly bashes the jet, saying "The jet is just a worse heavy"
Guess what? Gamer is a Splatling main, of course he's going to think that.

So please take that into consideration before forming your opinions. (And yes, even though you aren't a pro, your opinions matter)
Because it helps you understand the game better and lets you think for yourself. Instead of just referring to someone else's thoughts every time you want to talk about something in the game.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Amen. I could offer my tithes on how the meta is a conveniently placed raft that you no longer need once you reach the opposite shore because carrying it around would look silly... but, uh, I left my coin purse at home! ^^;;

Haven't played around with all the changes yet, but I may wind up actually using goo tuber as it's partial charge splat feels like the timing of a fully charged bamboozler. And they both share the same range as is. As for the bamboozler, the new midair charge time is silly! I can just jump and have a full charge by the time my feet touch the ground. And I've been shown a clip that it can do piercing damage now like all the other chargers?! Hopefully not a glitch!

As for the gloogas... well, at splattershot range and below your three hits will almost always land now, there's at least that. But you're still likely better off with a gal to get work done with less rng unless you're just really foolhardy like myself. =p

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Curling Bomb nerf is noticable, but not too bad. Maybe it's because I use a lot of ink abilities, but I think it's a fair change.

Is anyone else hating the new brushes? I swear, I thought they got some kind of crazy range boost until I double-check the patch notes. +67% is too high IMO.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I never used the brushes because, well, I never wanted to use the brushes. After the patch I decided to try the vanilla brush and I do have to say that I really like it. I only got to play two battles, but I did very well with it in both, winning the first and losing the second because we had an early disconnect. Disconnects…the number one decider of battles.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Whelp, I hope you bamboo mains and Dualie players had fun tonight.

Because they're finally nerfing the bamboo and the dualies a tiny bit because they messed up in the patch.
They should include more N-Zap nerfs in the patch tomorrow too

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Whelp, I hope you bamboo mains and Dualie players had fun tonight.

Because they're finally nerfing the bamboo and the dualies a tiny bit because they messed up in the patch.
They should include more N-Zap nerfs in the patch tomorrow too

But... but the Bamboozler did nothing wrong. It can't hurt anyone (much).

supgamer76

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supremegamer2
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-9546-1673
idk if this is an unpopular opinion, but i kinda feel like rollers are now op in online randoms.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I don’t think anyone mentioned this?
But there are a couple of errors implented with the patch.
Bamboozler pierces now and duallies bullets hit detection was increased by 50% instead of 25%.
Wich is ummm...
Those will be fixed in an early upcoming patch.

Anyway,
Interesting changes overall.
I probably be using the goo tuber now since i prefer closer range chargers anyway, how they overhualed it’s damage ounds like it finally could rise even if only somewhat.
100% charge speed up airbone sounds appealing too on squifer for some reason.
And rollers getting love is always a good thing, especially if these rollers have flingza or dynamo in their name.
Slosher frame buff while not a game changer, is a nice addition for any avid slosher user like my. :3

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Was just about to post this. Looking back at it, yeah that hitbox was a bit ridiculous. I feel like they could keep the bamboo change though. I have yet to see one online.

Last edited:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
I don’t think anyone mentioned this?
But there are a couple of errors implented with the patch.
Bamboozler pierces now and duallies bullets hit detection was increased by 50% instead of 25%.
Wich is ummm...
Those will be fixed in an early upcoming patch.

Anyway,
Interesting changes overall.
I probably be using the goo tuber now since i prefer closer range chargers anyway, how they overhualed it’s damage ounds like it finally could rise even if only somewhat.
100% charge speed up airbone sounds appealing too on squifer for some reason.
And rollers getting love is always a good thing, especially if these rollers have flingza or dynamo in their name.
Slosher frame buff while not a game changer, is a nice addition for any avid slosher user like my. :3
Well someone got fired for that dualie thing. :rolleyes:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242

[INFORMATION]
The update data Ver.2.2.1 which included the correction of the problem announced yesterday is scheduled to be delivered at 5 pm on January 19th (Friday) today. Service will be unavailable due to server maintenance during around 4:50 pm to 6:30 pm due to delivery.
Japan Time

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Man, I knew that Dualie buff was too good to be true. Something felt off! At least it's just a correction. The original buff is in still in effect. I was worried that the Dualies would get nerfed to hell soon after Tuesday's patch buffed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom