• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkstorm 2: Doctors Without Borders Funraiser Tournament

Hey there squids and kids! Sometimes terrible things happen in the world. While they are unavoidable (and certainly not fresh) we can use our love of gaming to do something positive in the midst of tragedy. In light of recent attacks in Paris, Beirut, Baghdad and beyond one Splatoon tournament is looking to do something and help out.

Endgame TV, hosts of Inkstorm 1 and now Inkstorm 2, have decided instead of using them to power a prize pool, they would donate them to Doctors Without Borders. Originally teams were required to pay $20 to enter but they have replaced this with a "donate what you can fee" to help the charitable cause.

With only five days left to enter and donate we hope Splatoon teams will compete while helping such a noble cause! Full details from the Endgame TV announcement can be found here. To learn more about the event and for details on entering be sure to check out its Squidboards thread. We hope to see lots of teams competing and much money raised for the cause!

Comments

what and where does the money go?
The money goes 100% to donating to Doctors Without Borders. We will take nothing.
Glad that another Inkstorm is coming up...wish I could pay to enter
There are no entrance fees for this tournament due to the shift to charity. We encourage teams, however, to donate what they can to the cause.
Glad that another Inkstorm is coming up...wish I could pay to enter, but i'll unfortunately only have to be a viewer...wish I could donate...
Seriously want to join to help the French but how do I donate and enter I'm a n00b when it comes to Internet stuff
We will have instructions on stream on how to donate and such, so please come on by this weekend to our Twitch page (EndGameTV1).

It's essentially a repeat of history with Smash, all things considered.
Didn't Reggie, at one point, state that he would be looking forward to e-sport Splatoon?
I am pretty sure it's just because so many people take this game too seriously, there will be people flooding the random battles who fight like it's the last game of their life. I can understand that then.
Yeah, but even casuals are a pain in the butt to deal with, especially if they do not play the game. I could care less about losing to a hardcore, but if I have a casual shows up with no intent to play, whether he wins or loses, that's my ire.

It's just casual-vs.-competitive all over again in full force. I have my playstyle, you have yours, but there is no such thing as no playstyle (Which, btw, is a chief reason why I gave up on smash online).

Inkstorm 1 was such an awesome experience as a player, viewer. I've been waiting for #2 and it's for a great cause. Hope everyone participates and is able to help out those in need.
Well I want to join the tournament but I will be watching and I'm looking for some teammates since I just made this profile

Well I want to join the tournament but I will be watching and I'm looking for some teammates since I just made this profile
Oh, is this Splatter?
yah just keep coming back to the forums. They'll make a new thread about the league soon. However Ktkres just said that only some teams will be able to enter.

There are other tournaments that you could enter, teams you can find, and then you guys could level yourselves up and hopefully get into the ladder (idk the details like everyone else).

but yah best of luck dude. Message me if you'd like more help.

Well you're extremely late for that. The tournament finished over a month ago.
yah he is really new. he saw IS3 and wanted more info about the Splatoon scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom