Is anyone else bummed about Splatoon's interactivity?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Yeah, but it advertises it.

Knowing that you are facing off against someone who clearly has an advantage is annoying and feels unfair. Not knowing makes you atleast think its skill and stops players from quitting.

And actually, has it even been confirmed we can group with freinds?
Using voice chat isn't exactly unfair, it's as simple as using it too. I mean, if you're playing with friends you already have the advantage anyway, this is in every other shooter out there. It's not an issue. :P

continuityOfficer

Inkster Jr.
And here comes the reviews....

9.8/10 IGN "Too Much Ink"

Honestly since skype eats my sad excuse for bandwidth, I'll be using teamspeak.. d(T.T)b

In terms of Online modes, THEY NEED TO HAVE DEDICATED SERVERS, WITH SMART matchmaking and or region selection options. you can't just throw us in a game with people who our ping is like 300+. oh...and the game needs to show the connection quality. that's pretty important.
With no CPU option, this will make or brake the game.

Using voice chat isn't exactly unfair, it's as simple as using it too. I mean, if you're playing with friends you already have the advantage anyway, this is in every other shooter out there. It's not an issue. :p
Its unfair to the player who doesnt want to bloody scedule a 4 person team.

Fancy

Inkling
I think the thing nintendo are most afraid of is splatoon getting a reputation of bad mouths on it (or more likely weeaboo's). and even with a toggle option, its still going to have that reputation, and when you toggle it you also loose that advantage, which is unfair.
Makes sense. Although I think it would have been smart to have it so you can only use voice chat when you're playing with friends. Honestly can't see why it wasn't added, seems like such a basic feature to have.

Reactions: Nia

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
And here comes the reviews....

9.8/10 IGN "Too Much Ink"

Honestly since skype eats my sad excuse for bandwidth, I'll be using teamspeak.. d(T.T)b

In terms of Online modes, THEY NEED TO HAVE DEDICATED SERVERS, WITH SMART matchmaking and or region selection options. you can't just throw us in a game with people who our ping is like 300+. oh...and the game needs to show the connection quality. that's pretty important.
I haven't used teamspeak before i use raidcall it is pretty good and nobody has to host the call. Smart matchmaking is needed. I hate when i get put in games halfway over on a losing team.

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
. I hate when i get put in games halfway over on a losing team.
Or my favorite, "Hey buddy...you're really good. here's a game with noobs on your team. good players on the other team... HAVE FUN!"

Makes the game just so fun when you are the top on your team and then you lose because you can't carry all of the new players.

I really hope that Splatoon has something...

michael_goldfish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
michael_godfish
Is there a consensus on which program's best to chat with? I've always just used skype but never actually bothered to find something better. I've used Mumble once though and that seemed okay.

muchomario

Inkling
I believe the whole voice thing is really because of swearing. But it would be nice if they let voice chat with friends instead of none at all. As for the money from single player to multiplayer ; I'm really iffy about that. It would be less tiresome to have money you can use in both so you're not re-buying stuff. However on the cheating perspective people could just give themselves money and then use it online. At least a separate online currency would kind of moderate that.

Undr

I don't think its nearly as big a deal as it might seem. Yes, making it so that friends could chat together would be a very simple answer. Even adding parental controls to the "add friend" feature would be fine. But in the end casual players will be on the same playing field, and competitive players will as well. With the advent of Squidboards we can schedule "Crew Battles" so easily that we won't have much need for pub-stomping.

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Premium
I'll be honest.

I cannot bring myself to care. Game's still just as hype as it's always been to me.
It's good to be optimistic! I just can't wrap my head around not having these things.. it'll take a lot of enjoyment out for me, honestly.

Undr

It's good to be optimistic! I just can't wrap my head around not having these things.. it'll take a lot of enjoyment out for me, honestly.
I rarely use in-game voice functionality anyway. Pub games are a cesspool and I use Skype / TS3 when playing with friends.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
It's not 'optimism' it's complete indifference. I've never really used in-game voice chat for any game, so not having it makes zero difference to me. I'll just use Skype like I always have.

Nia

Inkster Jr.
My issue is not with the game not having voice chat, it's the reason behind it. The incessant need for Nintendo to police everything we do online boggles my mind when they have parental controls as one of the primary icons you see on the home menu. At this stage in my life, it's very.....insulting, for a lack of better words and is borderline (understatement) censorship. Considering that they want to start actually using the Wii U gamepad's features, the mic being one of them, it boggles my mind that they are so reluctant to let us choose how we interact with our pals in game, but yet, we have Wii U chat, a video calling featuring, which can honestly be much more traumatizing to younger users that voice alone. Maybe when we get actual account systems and Nintendo can monitor people better, they'll stop treating the entire install base like they are 7.

Lyn

Premium
I rarely use in-game voice functionality anyway. Pub games are a cesspool and I use Skype / TS3 when playing with friends.
I would if I were able to, but I can't so I have to rely on in game voice chat. Not having it at all is frustrating. Nintendo should just implement something similar to Xbox Live's Party system. That would fix so many problems.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
My issue is not with the game not having voice chat, it's the reason behind it. The incessant need for Nintendo to police everything we do online boggles my mind when they have parental controls as one of the primary icons you see on the home menu. At this stage in my life, it's very.....insulting, for a lack of better words and is borderline (understatement) censorship. Considering that they want to start actually using the Wii U gamepad's features, the mic being one of them, it boggles my mind that they are so reluctant to let us choose how we interact with our pals in game, but yet, we have Wii U chat, a video calling featuring, which can honestly be much more traumatizing to younger users that voice alone. Maybe when we get actual account systems and Nintendo can monitor people better, they'll stop treating the entire install base like they are 7.
Eh. Personally, I see where they're coming from. I apologize for 'being part of the problem', but I can't really say I mind it too much. Then again, I've never been one to care much about 'intent' or the 'why' behind someone doing something.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
I just roll with it. I think part of it is that simply I have high blood pressure, and have thus taught myself to just let things slide if they're not directly impactful on major facets of my life for health reasons. Does wonders for me in more than one way, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom