Is anyone else bummed about Splatoon's interactivity?

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Where in the world is everyone getting this "there's no custom matches" from? It's already been confirmed that you can queue up with friends if thats what you mean, but if you mean a full 8 player pre-made match, then that hasn't been denied either.

Let's trust Nintendo on this one, guys. They're not entirely idiots :D

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Where in the world is everyone getting this "there's no custom matches" from? It's already been confirmed that you can queue up with friends if thats what you mean, but if you mean a full 8 player pre-made match, then that hasn't been denied either.

Look at the Source in OP for reference of what we're talking about. :confused:

We know you can party with friends, you just can't make any changes to Time limits or whatnot in a private party.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
We know you can party with friends, you just can't make any changes to Time limits or whatnot in a private party.
Ohhhhh. That's what you guys meant.

Well in that case, who cares? I mean honestly I'm fine with the current settings in both Turf War and especially Splat Zones. 5:00 is definitely enough time for a competitive match, just need to play a Best of 5 or Best of 7, if need be.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
To be honest I don't care about any of these things.

At all.

:p

As long as there is a way to play with friends with strangers filling in the gaps then I'll be happy. :)

DaKid

Pro Squid
What would you customize anyway if you could other than time limit? I'm sure there's some things but they would just be arbitrary.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
What would you customize anyway if you could other than time limit? I'm sure there's some things but they would just be arbitrary.
Respawn time, but that is all I can think of. It would ruin the balance anyway.

Lyn

Premium
I suppose only Map selection, team switching would be one, hopefully it's already included for friend parties.
I think people should look at how other games manage custom games instead of asking why we need custom rules. Go look at Halo 4's settings for instance.

Reactions: Nia

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I'm honestly a little relived at no voice chat, most of my experiences with it have been pretty toxic when it's with random strangers online and I don't want to listen to slurs getting shouted during a game. Even just text chat gets awful, I did tribunal reviews for league of legends for over a year, I've seen the worst of the worst. I've got the ability to use skype if I need to chat for some reason, so it doesn't affect me too much either way. I would have liked custom rooms, but so far I'm pretty happy with the choices I've seen.

Lyn

Premium
I'm honestly a little relived at no voice chat, most of my experiences with it have been pretty toxic when it's with random strangers online and I don't want to listen to slurs getting shouted during a game.
Well, really all you would have to do is mute them. There is an "Extra Credits" video on how to fix these problems in game design, but I can't seem to find it.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I'm honestly a little relived at no voice chat, most of my experiences with it have been pretty toxic when it's with random strangers online and I don't want to listen to slurs getting shouted during a game. Even just text chat gets awful, I did tribunal reviews for league of legends for over a year, I've seen the worst of the worst. I've got the ability to use skype if I need to chat for some reason, so it doesn't affect me too much either way. I would have liked custom rooms, but so far I'm pretty happy with the choices I've seen.
But there is custom rooms! Just no custom settings like respawn time. ;)

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Well, really all you would have to do is mute them. There is an "Extra Credits" video on how to fix these problems in game design, but I can't seem to find it.
I'd agree for the most part, but in team based things losing that communication can put you at a big disadvantage. I'd rather just not have it personally, keeps the playing field even and then no one can complain that so and so isn't communicating.

Lyn

Premium
I'd agree for the most part, but in team based things losing that communication can put you at a big disadvantage. I'd rather just not have it personally, keeps the playing field even and then no one can complain that so and so isn't communicating.
True, but taking out communication altogether can harm teamwork, especially since there is a ranked mode we have to worry about. Loadouts and teamwork seem VERY important from what i've seen.

Lyn

Premium
You people do realize Skype exists right?
I've said this a couple times, but not everyone can use Skype along with the Wii U. ie; me. My Computer is in a different room than my Wii U, and I have no TV in here. I am unable to use Skype or any other software to play Splatoon.

AGES

Full Squid
NNID
Snicks
Skype is going to be massively important for online play, I can definitely tell. I can already see it being handled in a similar manner to Mario Kart, with individual skype chats existing for specific teams and larger skype chats consisting of people spanning across many different teams, specifically to act as a method of searching for team battles.

EDIT:
I've said this a couple times, but not everyone can use Skype along with the Wii U. ie; me. My Computer is in a different room than my Wii U, and I have no TV in here. I am unable to use Skype or any other software to play Splatoon.
Well there's mobile skype. Not exactly as good but it for the most part should get the job done

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Man that sucks. My computer is a laptop so I don't have that problem. ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom