• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

it feels depressing being a marina fan and having her as the forever splatfest loser

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
it annoys me that pearl's been winning because personality wise pearl is the kind of person You'd want to punch in the face everyday for being such a loudmouth whiny prick

she's the ultimate heel someone that just brags and craps all over everyone else to the point where seeing her lose and be humbled is something you wanna see
And that's the reason I don't feel bad for you. Pearl gets so much hate outside of Splatfests that I think Marina deserves it.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
feels like at least here in north america she barely wins and this splatfest her team was the one almost nobody wanted to be on(due to the furry connection)

it was an uphill battle and all the skilled players being on team vampire didn't make it any better

i just hope next splatfest marina's team is actually a good choice and not something people can just handwave off because the other choice is 100% better and a fact everyone agrees on
The last Splatfest (Vampires VS. Werewolves) was the first Splatfest I have attended and I picked Werewolves. I didn't really pick it for the sake of siding with Marina but just because I thought Werewolves were cooler, and on top of that, all my friends picked that team and I really wanted to play with them. I'm sure a lot of peoples choices are swayed into picking teams that their friends have already picked as well so I don't think that Pearl gets the better choices, it's just a coincidence.

Also, I think you're being a little harsh on Pearl. She is super salty and sassy, but I think her personalty pairs so well with Marina's Chill attitude. I feel like if we took one of them away, the game wouldn't have been as interesting.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
"Yo yo yo! It's o o og pearl, homie! And imma kick a lil somthin' like this, like this! A yo when I come up in da place, you don't want me to call wit DAT front roll in yo face! Down wit a frown, I'm a very sad clown! And I become the reciter, all nighter, all righter! FRONT ROLL BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" (I'm so sorry)
That was beautiful. <3

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
We can't say if Marina is the forever splatfest loser. But the truth is that guys like WhiteHawke is always going to choose for Pearl because of so many people only voting for Marina.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
It just so happens to be, in my case, that not only do I like Marina more, but I like the options that she is saddled with more in most cases. Aside from Mayo vs. Ketchup. Mayo for life!

I am aware that most of this salt over Marina losing just comes down to bad luck, but it often feels like the people choosing sides have something to do with this. Over the last two Splatfests, rarely did I see any real quality players on my side of things. But often there were real good players on the other side. Making me think that one of the sides, possibly down to the selection of the idol girl of the moment, attracts a different type of player than the other. Perhaps it's just conjecture. Just thinking out loud right now.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Personally, I couldn't care less about who wins the splatfest or splatfests in general.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
While I am definitely a bigger fan of Marina than Pearl, Pearl just happens to be on the team I prefer every splatfest so far. But wow, Marina is having a lot more luck in Japan.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Marina has only won one less Splatfest than Pearl. Problemo was already solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom