July 2023 Splatfest - Vanilla vs Strawberry vs Mint Chip

Which flavor of ice cream is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cephalobro

Easy, vanilla. I don't like anything that's a combination of chocolate and mint, and I'm not fond of any ice cream that's fruit-flavored.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
I've always liked mint chip; not too sweet with a refreshing aftertaste. If the third flavor was chocolate I would've chosen vanilla.

TOD13

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
mint chip. my favorite flavor is probably cookie dough but mint chip is one of my favorites

Lightspeed_Lunatic

Senior Squid
If strawberry is red ink, I'm going with that because that's my favorite color, but if it's pink or something, then I'm probably going with Vanilla. Sorry, I'm not a fan of mint ice cream.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
As someone who works in an ice cream factory, I don't really care for ice cream at all anymore LOL! But if I had to choose, I'll choose Vanilla because that's the only flavor I'll really eat aside from cookies n cream :P

SecretAgentNeo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5212-5729-3703
I work at a Dippin' Dots shop. Out of all of these, my vote goes to vanilla.

It's the most consistently good flavor, and it goes well with so many other mixins and topings.

Strawberry, by contrast, always tastes either painfully generic (like just frozen strawberry milk), or genuinely terrible (like overripe strawberries).

Mint chip, while it can be good, is often kind of meh. The mint flavor in a lot of mint ice cream can be overpowering, and the chocolate (or in the case of Dippin' Dots, oreos) doesn't really feel like a good pairing.

cryfecta

Full Squid
the inner machinations of my mind (an enigma)
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5691-3169-7019
While the ink color for mint chip is super tempting and I do like it, I have to go with my gut and say vanilla for the win. It's a classic for a reason! Consistently good and super versatile (warm brownie + melty vanilla ice cream = perfection).
Besides, it's the closest I'll get to cookies and cream as an option.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
A bit late on the draw, but it's voting time! Get out there and earn your team some conch shells!

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I actually prefer strawberry ice cream, but they're all good.

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
let’s go team vanilla!!
i actually like all three choices, but my favorite thing to get from like, soft serve places has always been vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles, so i had to pick vanilla as my team.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Splatoon 3 - Ice Cream Splatfest - Results.mp4_snapshot_01.27.000.png

Vanilla scoops up a win! Congrats, all!

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i really had no clue what to pick..i just like different ice cream flavors i guess? xD
but i decided to go with Vanilla because i just had a feeling they would win...and it seems i was right! 😅
i'm happy with my splatfest winning streak 😁

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
YEEEEES! Finally my team wins for once LOL! Sadly I couldn't really participate in this Splatfest cause I had to work that weekend

TOD13

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
i have a hunch vanilla had the most votes because of the ink color-- (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (i was on team mint chip)

Reactions: 9DB

Tac

Inkster Jr.
Honestly I really liked the theme for this one, all three were ice cream flavors I could consider my favorites, too bad I ended up making the wrong choice with strawberry. I was honestly pretty surprised that vanilla held over 50% of the votes though, from what I was aware it's generally seen as pretty bland? Oh well, I had some fun hyping myself up for this one by treating myself with a tub of strawberry ice cream, it brought a bit of the magic and excitement into real life and got me ready to prove to the splatlands that it truly is the best flavor, lol. Fun tricolor map, too. Burnt myself out a little on turf war, but overall had great games, ggs everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom