• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Kirby Social Thread

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Planet Robot is really good. Loving the robot gimmick so far.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
anyone have tips for the true arena in robobot? so far I`ve found mirror, poison, and sometimes doctor or psy to be helpful.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
anyone have tips for the true arena in robobot? so far I`ve found mirror, poison, and sometimes doctor or psy to be helpful.
If you have amiibos and the ability to use them, do not be afraid to. Amiibos are a huge life saver- ESPECIALLY the ones that are official for the game. I recommend starting with hammer and trying to keep it as long as you can. If you lose hammer, use a squid amiibo if you have it as well. It will slightly restore your health at well. I try to make it to haltmann or galacta knight before I use my poison ability. Youtube videos are a lifesaver for finding out ways to cheap out the bosses with hammer, but it still takes practice.

If you have the official amiibos, SAVE THEM until Star Dream Soul OS- you will need maximum tomatoes midfight for that fight because it does NOT give you a break between any of the segments of star dream's battle. If your low on health and it throws you into the final part of the battle, you're most likely going to end up losing unless luck is on your side. I rely mostly on my king dedede amiibo, but the meta knight one works especially well on the final part of the fight. It doesn't matter which you use for the OS fight- I prefer using parasol first- then sword, hammer, and then UFO- UFO being my favorite for the first segment of the final fight if I have it available (meaning I haven't used the amiibo already).

I usually switch to poison for the second segment of the final fight.
(I don't know if you want spoilers, so i'm refraining from saying what the final fight form of star dream actually is).

So sorry for rambling, I play true arenas a lot so i'm good at memorizing strategies. I'm pretty reliant on Amiibos since I can use them as you can see- but I'm sure poison and hammer are your best bets for getting far. Then again it depends on playstyle and preference of ability- I have a friend that prefers ESP and got far with that and didn't do too well with hammer.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I'm listening to Kirby Robobot's OST and my gawd, how much music in this is from other Kirby games!? Seems like over half the soundtrack is recycled, eesh.
I personally prefer all the references and reused tracks. I don't find it lazy like a lot of people do- HAL is just fueling nostalgia for the loyal fans and from what I've read more people enjoy it than anything including myself.

Sorry for the double post!

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
(Since perhaps I should not worry about doubleposting- I see other people doing it so maybe it's not that big of an issue on a forum like this...?)

I finally managed to 100% my legit copy of Kirby 64- albeit with help from guides when I couldn't find the shards. I played through getting as many as I could normally and then went back through and got what I couldn't find with a guide to get the true ending. It was really fun to do, albeit a tad stressful- though Save States (on an official console game at that!) are a lifesaver. God do I love save states. That being said, I'm currently working on 100%ing Rainbow Curse and Epic yarn. I've already 100%'d Robobot, 64, and Dreamland 3.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
I recently 100% my copy of dreamland 3 and id love to 100% my Superstar copy as well but itll take a bit 'cause of Great Cave Offensive, ive still yet to 100% my other kirby games, shockingly.
Dreamland 3 was the only one i did so far, but my other games are super close to total completion

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Part of me wonders if at next E3 or something they'll announce another kirby game. Kirby never really gets old to me, they always think of fun new adventures for him and are very creative with their designs. Even if Kirby was over now, I wouldn't mind though. I have plenty of good games to play that already exist.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It'll be a while before the next Kirby game. Return to Dreamland was 2011, Triple Deluxe was 2014, and Robobot was this year, not counting Rainbow Curse because reasons. We've got a 2-3 year wait til' the next Kirby title, which is just fine, keeps the series fresh spacing it out like that.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
That makes a lot more sense. Shows they're taking their time too to make really good games.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm pretty sure they're aware of the incredible track record Kirby has. It bears repeating - there's somehow never been a legitimately bad Kirby games in 24 years, a fact that continues to astound me.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
People have very mixed opinions about few of the "more recent" ones, i.e. the spinoffs like rainbow curse and epic yarn, but truly I don't think there's any really BAD Kirby games. It's purely opinion though.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I wish Crystal Shards was two player co op for story mode. That'd be so much fun!
Though... it isn't- I'll stick with the other two player co-op games! They're equally as fun.

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
Kirby is a pink orb with arms and legs

me like

GiggaPoggers

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
superstar
Switch Friend Code
SW-7556-4937-7869
I grew up on Kirby, and upon getting a copy of triple deluxe, i was instantly a fan. While i dont show appreciation to the series much anymore, i still make Kirby art (like my pfp) and play the games. I got a collection of Kirby games inclusion an official copy of Kirby’s dreamland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom