Lemuria hub thoughts?

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I quite like it actually, I think the layout is interesting and fun! The moving platforms are actually the part I'm less enthusiastic about, but I'd rather have stages with unique gimmicks even if I'm not the biggest fan over no stage gimmicks, so overall a positive in my book. I also like the aesthetics a lot, which is a very vital aspect of whether or not I enjoy a stage lol. I prefer this over Marlin, but it's no ROM-en or Crableg in terms of recent stages imo

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
it's definitely far from my favorite map... i'm not the biggest fan of its layout (it manages to feel weirdly claustrophobic despite being pretty open), and i feel like the platforms have screwed me over more than they've felt like an actual benefit to have. i did get one really funny kill with a tristrike sticking to a platform and hitting someone under the bridge though so the map's existence has been justified

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I won't be able to say until I have its layout fully memorized. Is it supposed to be this mazelike?
I will mention that the platforms haven't done much for me in my games, but to be fair, I've been exclusively playing Wellstring.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm a bit mixed honestly, it's fun and looks cool but getting into mid is like the one-way drop and mid itself feels kind of claustrophobic, more paintable walls would have been great. Still a cool addition, but I think I like Skipper Pavillon from s2 more

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So far, I like it but a big part of that has to do with the map having a unique layout. It can feel very cramped and the platforms can also be annoying to deal with but I rather have that than another early Splatoon 3 type map.

D

Deleted member

I absolutely LOVE the new map. For me, it's been fantastic for sneaking up on people. It's perfect, because I'm more of a stealthy person when I play. I think you guys'll learn to love it once you get used to it. It's already a favorite of mine.

I can totally see why it'd get confusing, though. The moving platforms can mess me up sometimes, too, but I'm having fun figuring out ways to utilize them. X)

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
Can absolutely feel cramped and obviously right side peek advantage is an issue, but at the same time it feels a bit less choke pointy than a lot of the other maps in this game. I'm unsure what I think of it just yet but I'm leaning towards liking it. Will need to give it more time though

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Absolutely hate this stage. It's way too big.

briank913

Inkling Cadet
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
It gives me Reef vibes. RM and CB are VERY interesting on this map.

But also, after seeing the stage, I can say this stage is based off of Kyoto Station in real life!

Arigato!

Pro Squid
I don't think its very good but the moving platforms are very interesting for fights
Its a good map imo, but wellstring user make the movie platforms a pain. Hopefully when the hype dies down it will be better.

Arigato!

Pro Squid
Can absolutely feel cramped and obviously right side peek advantage is an issue, but at the same time it feels a bit less choke pointy than a lot of the other maps in this game. I'm unsure what I think of it just yet but I'm leaning towards liking it. Will need to give it more time though
I like how you can actually tell which side of the map you are on. For example, scorch gorge feels like you are on the same side every game.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I really like it, but from what they showed in the trailer, it looks so much better than what it is, which is pretty disappointing to me. It’s still a good map tho 6.5/10

AdphæeXD

Full Squid
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-0440-1499-8900
I really dislike having to go to the top of the map screen to super jump, and I never want to play this map in comp, but I like it during soloq. It's an interesting map that let's you take fights or avoid them. And it's fun to walk around.

2bdamned

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
I honestly really like it and I've been having fun playing on it! I like the aesthetics of it alot, a stage that is part of a train station is pretty fun to me. I think it's really cool that you can see the Eiffel Tower in the background too! Sometimes I don't realise I'm on a moving platform though lol

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
Not really feeling it that much myself. The terrain is interesting and I kinda like the moving platforms. But man, the backline positions are kinda ehhhh.
Haven't played all modes yet, mind you. But at least on RM I can't reach the Rainmaker at all from what I think is supposed to be the prime backline position. But if I move closer then I get rushed down. Never mind the fact that the RM gets popped before I even get there. I imagine TC is similar since the Tower spawns in the same spot. Zones is ok, but I still have a little trouble figuring out where I should even go. Haven't played Clams or Turf yet, no opinion there.

I probably just need to get more used to it, but first impressions are lukewarm at best.

Arigato!

Pro Squid
Not really feeling it that much myself. The terrain is interesting and I kinda like the moving platforms. But man, the backline positions are kinda ehhhh.
Haven't played all modes yet, mind you. But at least on RM I can't reach the Rainmaker at all from what I think is supposed to be the prime backline position. But if I move closer then I get rushed down. Never mind the fact that the RM gets popped before I even get there. I imagine TC is similar since the Tower spawns in the same spot. Zones is ok, but I still have a little trouble figuring out where I should even go. Haven't played Clams or Turf yet, no opinion there.

I probably just need to get more used to it, but first impressions are lukewarm at best.
Same. It doesn't ruin the map for me, but I think your teamates are supposed to splat 3/4 of the enemy team so you can perch at the moving platform on the top bridge?

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
Same. It doesn't ruin the map for me, but I think your teamates are supposed to splat 3/4 of the enemy team so you can perch at the moving platform on the top bridge?
That's not even the spot I'm talking about. There's another perch on the far sides of the map. You can reach the Rainmaker there, but it takes too long to get there. There's no time to charge your chosen backline afterwards.

Either way the moving platform isn't that great of a perch either, since it has a tendency to just abduct you.

Arigato!

Pro Squid
That's not even the spot I'm talking about. There's another perch on the far sides of the map. You can reach the Rainmaker there, but it takes too long to get there. There's no time to charge your chosen backline afterwards.

Either way the moving platform isn't that great of a perch either, since it has a tendency to just abduct you.
ik but it can be helpful when you are playing eliter and you wanna move to another area quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom