• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

LFG: NA & EU May Splatfests - TMNT

Cyan

Inkling Commander

Might as well get this thread started, as pretty much most of you know this is our Splatfest for the month. Or Splatfests, since this is being done as a tournament. This will be the thread to cover all 3 of the Splatfests, how well they go, what matches are like, how people are getting on etc. I'm not too enthused about this Splatfest having never watched or cared for TMNT but I'll still be taking part. What I find curious personally is that we're getting 3 months worth of snails in 3 weeks, so if they never do another tournament style Splatfest again that's a bonus 42-48 Snails we'll earn over Japan, which can technically be counted as compensation for the exclusive gear they were given (not quite the same though).

Anyway the way this is being handled is 2 qualifier Splatfests with a finale for the 2 winning teams. Schedule is this:

4th May-5th May/5th May-6th May: Raph vs Leo

11th May-12th May/12th May-13th May: Mikey vs Donnie

18th May-19th May/19th May-20th May: Raph vs Donnie

As always, have fun, don't get salty (or excessively salty) and be gracious to one another.

Last edited:

KamaItachi

Inkling
Oh man, this is some match made in heaven for me (except I'm not fussed on the new series, aesthetically)

I don't care about the shells, though.. I just want to keep the T-shirts and shoes when we're done.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To bad its the new horrible looking turtles.

Team Raph. #RudeDudesWithBadTudes

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I don't think its known that we'll get full snails for each round. They could do it so the royal winners only get 8 snails per round.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Fake turtles.

These are the real ones.
And how dare they leave out the female one. smh

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Was wondering if someone else would finally take the initiative and start one of these threads instead of me. *applauds*

@Chaos_Knight, *lmao* child~, you need to go sit your butt in the corner for that nonsense! Especially when you ain't showing the best scene in that crossover!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Ah the first sponsored splatfest in the west (I think). I liked the show and some of the videogames when I was younger, but I haven't really looked at the series in years. Don't remember the characters too well, but I think I'll just go with Leo n Don.

Lumiose_Ink

Inkling
Recently watched a Behind The Scenes for the new Teen Mutant Ninja Turtles show, and based off of the short summaries for the characters on that "interview," I believe I know who I'm going to pick now. I'm gonna go with Leonardo and Donatello since they both seem like the two characters I'd like the most, out of the four turtles.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So I've been looking up some of the promotional videos Nick has put up for the show. Granted the franchise's DNA blends genres like martial arts, weird science, and fantasy, it looks like this iteration will have fantasy as a major genre component. I find that an interesting choice given I feel the 2003 series leaned more towards weird science while the 2012 series leaned on martial arts.

Still gonna give it a good chance, but that Splinter design? Damn baby, you got ugly!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Also, let's not forget we'll probably get 3 shifty stations in a row!

Will they all be the same or will it be different each fest?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm guessing they'd be the same one. I doubt they're gonna make two extra Shifty Stations just for these western fests.

It'd be nice to actually play a Shifty Station more than a handful of matches, so I kinda hope I'm right

iced potato

Senior Squid
I had a pretty good time during this Splatfest! No bad matches at all. Didn't run into any rage quitters/match throwers, squid parties or disconnections, and I was able to get to to Raph Queen quickly because I won almost all of my matches.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I'm pretty satisfied with the end result playing on Team Leo. At least is wasn't infuriating.

Just counting matches against the opposing team, I have a win:lose ratio of 15:10.
If I'm just counting wins:lose in general even counting mirror matches, just for the sake of my person win:lose ratio, 20:11.

Last night, had some whack matches, but this morning I did the entirely of Champion rank with only 2 losses.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Wasn't this Shifty Station used in a previous Splatfest? I want to say it was Flight vs. Invisibility, but I don't remember. Why didn't they use the recent one from Japan?

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Wasn't this Shifty Station used in a previous Splatfest? I want to say it was Flight vs. Invisibility, but I don't remember. Why didn't they use the recent one from Japan?
I spotted that myself when I looked at some footage on YouTube as the EU Splatfest hadn't yet started. It is indeed the Flight vs Invisibility Shifty, and chances are this is due to the tournament style Splatfest gimmick they're running with this month. I'd say we'll see another repeat Shifty next 'Fest for round 2 (or maybe this one again, who knows) and the finals will be the "real" Splatfest for this month where we get given the Shifty Japan had in their most recent Splatfest. It makes sense considering the alternative is to receive 3 weeks of seeing a rather concerning looking Shifty, so I'm all for it. It is kind of giving weight to my theory that after Splatfest #12 the devs will just rotate through all the Shifty Stations we've seen since launch, which I wouldn't mind if it means seeing some of the great ones like in Chicken vs Egg. In any case it's proof that Nintendo is holding on to all the Shifty Station maps and not just wiping them forever when they finish the Splatfest (each Shifty gets downloaded to your console alongside team ink colours, shirt design and text for both Pearl and Marina so they can just spit out the corresponding text for whoever wins), so again, high chance of seeing all of them return within the 2nd year of Splatfest.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
No longer losing power when a teammate disconnects is godsend! Got to 2590 Leo power in record time! A few points less than last time but hopefully still enough to make Top 5 again. Also had quite a few mirror matches, so Leo probably has the popularity point. Now if we could just win one battle category unlike Team Soccer.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Aww, too bad I'm not really a fan of the show. I just watched the first season as a kid.

I think I'll pass on this one. Good luck to all you squids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom