LFG: NA & EU May Splatfests - TMNT

slasherflicks

Inkling
I just thought of something. Since the winning teams of these splatfests will fight against each other for the third round, what if you happened to be on both of the teams that previously won? Who would you fight for? I don't think I've seen this be addressed before.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I just thought of something. Since the winning teams of these splatfests will fight against each other for the third round, what if you happened to be on both of the teams that previously won? Who would you fight for? I don't think I've seen this be addressed before.
Shouldn't matter. Each round should essentially be a completely different Splatfest. There's no actual commitment to a team, each round is completely separate from the last.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Shouldn't matter. Each round should essentially be a completely different Splatfest. There's no actual commitment to a team, each round is completely separate from the last.
I believe he's asking how do we rank the turtles as that is what'll determine who we fight for as the tournament progresses. In my case for instance, my #1 turtle already lost, so now I'll be going for #2 Don. If he also loses, then Team Raph it is for the finals.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'd pick based on what team I had the best time on (since, again, I don't care for the turtles). Raph went really smoothly, so I doubt I'll have an even better time next week.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Ouch, yet another loss. Inb4 popular team always loses conspiracys rise again!

Also, could someone with Splatnet 2 access do me a favor and check if I made the Top 5? Dunno why this stuff isn't accessible in game.

Latest datamine shows the special was changed to Ink Storm. Wish it had actually been out already as it's probably even better for turf war than the vanilla Dualie Squelchers. Also, no idea what you mean by Dual Squelcher egg. :L
Dang it! When you dodge roll with dualies if you stand still there is only one reticle unless you move. With the DS your gun turns into the Dual Squelcher while this happens (My splat1 main).

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well... bent myself out of shape on this one somehow.

Weekend traveling so I had to solo speedrun the Splatfest as soon as it started on Friday. Some large, kosher grain salt for missing the ARMS Party Crash taking during the Splatfest. Some fine grain table salt that ends up everywhere for playing the Splatfest.

Wound up primarily using both Jet Squelchers, often parking in center stage and directing traffic every match. Won the majority of my matches, but the time I was on champion road to royalty I almost made it to 2200s! But with losing 30~50 points a match while gaining 5~20 points every win I tacked on an extra salty two hours before finally burning out a few points shy of 2100...

Among my disastrous defeats, can anyone explain to me how I've lost five 4v3 matches? When the other team had the disconnect, and were either out ranged, out splatted, or out inked for much of the match?!

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Ouch, yet another loss. Inb4 popular team always loses conspiracys rise again!

Also, could someone with Splatnet 2 access do me a favor and check if I made the Top 5? Dunno why this stuff isn't accessible in game.

Latest datamine shows the special was changed to Ink Storm. Wish it had actually been out already as it's probably even better for turf war than the vanilla Dualie Squelchers. Also, no idea what you mean by Dual Squelcher egg. :L
My splatfest Top 100 shows some guy #1 on team Leo named LoneDolphn with a bucket. Congrats!

Also, considering that the last 4 unique splatfests in NA and EU have been won by the less popular team, I don't think it's a conspiracy if it happens any more. I think the system would be better if we just added all the percentages, as the battle wins are usually a coin flip. And Leo would have won.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Dang it! When you dodge roll with dualies if you stand still there is only one reticle unless you move. With the DS your gun turns into the Dual Squelcher while this happens (My splat1 main).
Ah gotcha, donut is an interesting word choice hehe.

My splatfest Top 100 shows some guy #1 on team Leo named LoneDolphn with a bucket. Congrats!

Also, considering that the last 4 unique splatfests in NA and EU have been won by the less popular team, I don't think it's a conspiracy if it happens any more. I think the system would be better if we just added all the percentages, as the battle wins are usually a coin flip. And Leo would have won.
Aw sweet thanks!

I don't think people would like that system. Battle wins are usually very close, meaning popularity would be the deciding factor a lot of the time.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I don't think people would like that system. Battle wins are usually very close, meaning popularity would be the deciding factor a lot of the time.
I suppose that is true, but I just wish Nintendo could do more with the system. Maybe there is no way to fix it and this is the best possible solution right now, but it just seems like it isn't working. I guess it doesn't help that all the splatfests I have been a part of but one were won by the less popular team.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I guess I waited too long to play again, because I didn't see the results screen or get any snails. This splatfest tournament sucks.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Just finished getting to Donnie King.

Win:Loss ratio of 17:9. No mirror matches, so Donnie might be the minority team this time around.

I'll be honestly, way more matches than I'd like to admit were won by a hair and honestly felt like flukes. Like maps where both team's ink is literally everywhere.

But I'm pretty satisfied. Had some good matches, some less so. Some matches with some horrid teammates, a few with some smashingly good ones.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
So apparently this splatfest has the single choke of death shifty station again, gonna give this a hard pass

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Does anyone know why this happens in splatfest? They don’t give me the splatfest colors. They’ve been giving me the colors they give you when you go against the same splatfest team. It’s been happening for the past 3 Splatfests. I was looking forward to seeing purple/orange ink together this time.

Attachments

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Does anyone know why this happens in splatfest? They don’t give me the splatfest colors. They’ve been giving me the colors they give you when you go against the same splatfest team. It’s been happening for the past 3 Splatfests. I was looking forward to seeing purple/orange ink together this time.
No idea, man. Did you try turning color lock on and off and see what happens?

Anyway, this Splatfest was surprisingly smooth! Mikey might have been able to pull off a few wins, but otherwise Team Donnie had the upper hand most of the time I played (it helps I was on point with my N-Zap game from the get-go). Even better, I broke my Splatfest Power record! I have a really good feeling about Donnie's chances this round.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
No idea, man. Did you try turning color lock on and off and see what happens?

Anyway, this Splatfest was surprisingly smooth! Mikey might have been able to pull off a few wins, but otherwise Team Donnie had the upper hand most of the time I played (it helps I was on point with my N-Zap game from the get-go). Even better, I broke my Splatfest Power record! I have a really good feeling about Donnie's chances this round.
No, but I played on my alt account and they gave me the right colors. On my main account I picked my team as soon as they announced the Splatfest because I like scrubbing my gear for less money before the fest. On my alt account I waited until the actual Splatfest to pick my team. The same thing happened last Splatfest , so I don't know if it has anything to do with that.

Edit: why do you have so many sea snails? :scared: I go through sea snails like crazy.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Finished repping Donnie with 2583 power this time, which is probably not good enough to get #1 again, but Top 5 surely! I had a few mirror matches but they weren't as frequent as last week so hard to say who has popularity. And yeah, this choke point shifty station was mega lame. I would hope they never bring it back again. Also, good games @Saber ^_^

I have a really good feeling about Donnie's chances this round.
I'm holding you to this! xP

Cephalobro

This Splatfest actually went a lot better than the last few ones I have played so far. Getting winning streaks longer this time around actually made me enjoy this one. Aside from disconnects, it was satisfying getting to Donnie King.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom