• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Little triumphs

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
Tried the Slosher for the 1st time today, a weapon I didn't think I'd like. What made me gitty was being able to splat chargers with the Slosher while playing Turf Wars, and Chargers in particular were weapons that I've been often splatted by recently.
Surprisingly, the Slosher is also the weapon where I was actually learning how to move around the map defensively and with patience.

Who knew. You never know what you learn unless to try something.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I always love whenever I'm able to force an enemy to retreat by lobbing ink on them, even if I don't get the splat. It's also feels good seeing someone with a shooter trying to out-turf my Heavy Metal Splatling ;) (although I'll admit that nothing beats the Dynamo in a turf-claiming contest :confused:)

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I was using the Aerospray in Blackbelly skatepark once, about almost a year ago... I heard and partly saw a roller of the opposing team following me. I slyly and deftly laid an ink mine and was pleased when they were splatted.

And then there's that feeling when your amazing teammates are Inkzooka-ing and seeker-ing at the rainmaker goal dome when you have it, and then you swim up and get a KO. :D

@Cuttleshock great thread, by the way. I love sharing little triumphs like this, and I'm sure a lot of other squids do too. ;)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Had a recent neat little moment. I had a carbon roller chasing me down in Camp Triggerfish. I quickly throw down a sprinkler as I turn a corner desperate to get away. In the split second I put it down, I thought there was no way this will keep them off my tail for long. Splatted Japanese name appears on the screen. Turns out I killed them! That was probably only the second or third sprinkler kill I've ever gotten, and it was really cool.

And just today, in a turf match, I had a teammate DC only about a minute into the game. However, the remaining three of us managed to win the match still! And we had lost the middle soon afterward, so I was certain we would lose.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
There's a neat trick I've been able to do twice, I use stealth jump on my octobrush and right when an enemy gets near to me, I place a beacon and jump to it. They probably think I'm jumping back to my base or somewhere else, so they just destroy it and move on. But then I land right behind them and splat them, and it feels really great to get that to work. Both times I did it were on the side path to get to the center on Bluefin Depot, since people usually stop at the top for a moment before jumping down, so it's easier to do it right there.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
There's a neat trick I've been able to do twice, I use stealth jump on my octobrush and right when an enemy gets near to me, I place a beacon and jump to it. They probably think I'm jumping back to my base or somewhere else, so they just destroy it and move on. But then I land right behind them and splat them, and it feels really great to get that to work. Both times I did it were on the side path to get to the center on Bluefin Depot, since people usually stop at the top for a moment before jumping down, so it's easier to do it right there.
WOW! That's a really clever trap, congrats! Anaru the sneakster huh?

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Ahh <3 I think I've put together my signature gear set for the Sloshing Machine, thanks to a couple more rerolls - just as I always wear :head_cap006::clothes_swt000::shoes_shi004: for the Tri, I now have a set of perfectly coherent abilities with the beautiful
:ability_inksaversub:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_inksaversub:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksaversub::ability_inkrecovery:.
Even the abilities look pretty!
Wow, beating that bozo Spyke in an open and fair manner? You're one of the lucky ones... ;)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
It's a common misconception that the Sloshing Machine can defeat foes over their Splash Walls. No. If they're blind, firing in the opposite direction and/or disrupted and out of ink, maybe. But today, I won a duel like that, fair and square! A .52 had thrown down a Wall in our side corridor on Arowana and I was trying to get through them. Pressed for time, I went for a direct confrontation (had to jump down to reach them) and, by dodging a bunch - I had the little sticky-outy bit in my favour - I managed to get enough shots over their wall to take them out! We went on just barely to stop the enemy's Zone timer and win the game from an initial disadvantage.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Three snipers on my team, holy cow! Even if they're sniper gods like last time, will they be able to help get everything inked? Or will we have to leave everything to the one shooter on our team?
...wait, it's an Aerospray? Okay then, that should take care of the inking issue at least—oh wait, that's me with the Aerospray. We're doomed.

So thought I as the match started. Yet, thanks to their impeccable sniping skillz and my constant inking like a madman, we were able to win that match pretty solidly. Although huddling together in one spot away from the top of Saltspray still seems like a bad idea... if they had an Inkzooka that could've been extremely troublesome.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
- Successfully flanking a sniper. I cackle like a maniac every time.
- Death From Behind every time a ninja Carbon neglects to move to a new ninja location after splatting me.
- Death From Above'd an opponent who was too busy hosing down my jump ring to look up.
- Kept half the other team distracted in the small box at Saltspray whilst the rest of my team took over the top.

- Took out an opponent who was trying to splat a teamo. I can't really brag about this since we both booyahed our way into some Splat Bombs immediately thereafter...and laughed it off going right back out into the fray :'D

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I was just doing the rainmaker rotations and did a few neat things:
I used the shield to boost myself to an enemy past the enemy ink, if I hadn't done that I would have been too slow and he would have killed me.
I used the enemies elevator on Ancho-V to get the RM closer to their base, I waited for an enemy to come through, splatted him, and then got on and rode back.
And this isn't recent, but I once killed a (really bad) player by bumping into him 4 times with my Octobrush.

darthteddy93

Inkling
My accomplishments:

1. Splat Zones in Ancho-V games. I'm using the Custom Hydra Splatling on the edge overlooking the zone when an enemy Kraken appears in the area right as a teammate is superjumping to me. I don't remember why exactly they didn't come after me (maybe cuz I was too far?) when they started spinning in place at the indicator of where my teammate is jumping to. During this time, I'm charging up.

Right before he lands, I activate my Bubbler & begin firing. He not only gets a shield but I distract the Kraken w/ my barrage. It kept trying to come after me but my firing kept it at a distance until it ran out and I was able to splat him before my charge runs out. My teammate then spammed "booyah!" afterwards. :)

2. Second was also SZ at Piranha Pit. I was the CHS again guarding the zone closest to our spawn point keeping an eye on the two locations where an enemy might appear. I notice one of my teammates comes in with a shielded Zink coming after him. I start firing at the Zink and prevent him from coming in further and kept him out of range of my teammate. Eventually the Zink turned away so I saved my teammate. Got a few booyahs in return. :)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I won my first 3v4 ranked game ever! And I got 12-4 in it! Our missing teammate d/c'd about a minute into the match, so it wasn't 3v4 the entire time, but it's close enough.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Those rare occasions I'm fighting my opponent(s) and resort to using my sprinkler/splash wall like a bomb. It miraculously becomes super effective!

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
As a roller/slosher/brush/splatling user....

Today I maintained S using the eliter, and even got the best splat ratio on my team a few times I AM SO PROUD xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom