• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Little triumphs

Maave

Inkling Commander
Predicting enemy movement with the Splattershot is satisfying. One good shot I had was on Piranha Pit. I was standing a little past of our first conveyor belt trying to shoot a guy ahead. He swims up the ramp in the middle, so I aim at "nothing" 3/4 up the ramp and fire. Splat! Perfect timing.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Dodged a Carbon's Seeker Rush and then took her out...from the low ground at the bottom of the ramp in Arowana.

/shades

yyyYYYYYYEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
The enemy team's Dynamo Roller killed one of our squids while she was up here on our side of the map, it was very easy to defend it for the rest of the game, and luckily no one in our team tried to pick it up to get it further, as we were already in the lead, and it would be very difficult for the enemy to get it if we just left it here.
Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 10.10.21 AM.png

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Playing tri-squad (Rainmaker) and the matchmaker gives you other tri-squads to fight. (Except for that last one, a 3v4 we locked down.) Who knew there were that many tri-squad teams at one time?!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Camp Triggerfish Rainmaker giving me my first quintuple splat! YeeEEEHA~AW!!

Defending from an early game dunk and I'm stuck on the other side of the corner next to the podium with my charger. "Okay, might as well roll a splat bomb in front of it and..." down goes the carrier and my bomb rush meter is filled. I roll some more around the corner and "2... 3 and 4. If only the first one—oh wow you got here quick! Bye!"

Still lost but I got a good, hearty laugh from that.

Soon after I lost my moral compass for a second and squidbagged two player... who I dual splatted... with a sprinkler!

I just threw my sprinkler in some random corner to cover turf and build my Killer Wail. Suddenly I saw an opening and ran off with the rainmaker on foot and started slowing down when two notifications popped up simultaneously. Then I was like, "Wait! I didn't shoot anyone yet—I'm not even aiming... oooooh~hohoho~" *squidkidsquidkidsquidkidsquidkidsquidkidsquidkid*

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is a good time as any to revive this thread, we'll be seeing lots more little triumphs in a couple months :)

I've been practicing out of my long-range comfort zone, and it's been paying tremendous dividends. I picked up the .52 Gal, something I previously considered too slow and inaccurate for me, and I've been wrecking with it. Last night I went 18-18 in Rainmaker; Not the most impressive score, but consider that my teammates died between 0 and 3 times, I was tanking for them and BOY did that feel great :D

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
splatting 2 enemy's at the same time with 1 slosher attack!

or throwing a disruptor at 3 enemy's from a distance and watch your teammate(s) gracefully splat them in their *ahem* disrupted focus very soon afterwards.
really makes a supportive play style feel worth it.

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
I always like to help out my team.

If a teammate is stuck in enemy ink, I'll shoot some ink underneath them (or nearby them) so they can get out. Although this only happened like twice, it makes me feel good.

The other is when I see an enemy shooting my teammate, so I sneak around behind the opponent and shoot them from behind. Again, doesn't happen very often, but it still makes me feel good.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Do you know what feels good?
splatting someone that was in the middle of 'insert rainmaker into pedestal' animation! hehehe

Ansible

Community Ambassador
  • Inkstrike trading on Camp Triggerfish from opposite sides of the map—we both recklessly inkstriked from an obvious inkstrike target zone
  • Inkmine splatting someone while you were in the middle of respawning "Lemme put on a show for you!" *dances and squidbags at spawn point*
  • Y'know those comical fights when a person is literally kept out of arms reach of their opponent? Image that between a CHydy and a Zimi while both are bubbled. The first time was by chance. The second time for a repeat thrill. The third time, okay maybe I'm being a bully. The fourth time... yeah, I deserve that squidbag. ¬¬;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom