1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Little triumphs

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Cuttleshock, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Flareth

Flareth Inkling Fleet Admiral

It's Throwback Thursday, so I decided to dust off a weapon I haven't touched in a while: the Zink Mini Splatling. I was a little leery about using it (since the last time I tried using it didn't go so well), but I was able to perform pretty well, up to almost carrying my team through a 3v4.

But that's not why I'm here! Nay, the real hero of the story is the weapon's special: the Bubbler. It charges up quickly most of the time, so I can get away with saving it until I find the right time to use it. And about 3/4 through a match on Bluefin Depot I found the perfect opportunity for it.

See, I'd swam up the leftmost wall on the left-hand middle area, and I decided to take the other team's base by storm.* That plan was interrupted, however, when I saw a teammate battling an enemy who'd just popped a Kraken as I walked around the corner. The little space where this was going on was covered with our ink, so perhaps my guy would've been able to swim away without getting crushed. But as I'm not one to let lives hang by a thread, I activated my Bubbler and made a mad dash at him, hoping I could share it with him before he got caught.

What actually happened was that I managed to squeeze in right between both teammate and Kraken, simultaneously knocking him back (twice!) and giving my guy a Bubble of his own. Just a bit later, the Kraken reverted to normal, and we ganged up on him right then.

I believe this is what they refer to when talking about "true teamwork"?
    ...I wish I could end this story with a bad pun, but I sadly can't think of one.

Cuttleshock, Mr. 9 and Anaru like this.
  2. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Cuttleshock
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6317-8240-9812
    Looks like your opponent really Kracked under the pressure! You sure... burst their bubble? They really blue(fin) it!

Flareth, Mr. 9 and Ansible like this.
  3. AlphaOmegaSplatter

AlphaOmegaSplatter Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    phs2003
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5305-7165-0622
    I went 8-1 with a charger (I hardly use chargers) on Bluefin yesterday.

4. Goolloom

Goolloom Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Goolloom222
    A very nice thing I can pull off from time to time, is when I manage to get a quad kill with only one full charge of my Hydra. Just makes the weapon that much more satifying to use
    So good!

5. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Winning any 1v1, clear line-of-sight, no-cover-to-save-you, no lag Inkzooka shootout against an Inkzooka main! You know the types! (such a rush)

G1ng3rGar1, LMG and Mr. 9 like this.
  6. SilverBlue-Neko

SilverBlue-Neko Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0694-5266-9796
    I had an amazing moment during a match on Saltspray yesterday. I was rockin the Octobrush, so I decided to make a mad dash to the back area. Three people on the other team were right on my tentacles though, so I laid down a beacon right in front of them and super jumped. They thought I had super jumped away so they keep moving forward after destroying my beacon, but I had actually super jumped to the same beacon they had just destroyed. I easily surprised and splatted all three of them while feeling like a boss! A clever way to use beacons. :p

7. Spiderface

Spiderface Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Spiderface1992
    I was practicing using an eliter in S rank as per usual yesterday and cause it was Bluefin rainmaker I wasn't having much success. One match I felt particularly useless and the enemy had got the rainmaker way further than us. But my trusty sneaky rainmaker skills redeemed me and I managed to carry it alone all the way up to almost the pedestal, taking the lead. I still felt like apologising to my team mates for my pathetic sniper support but at least we won xD

Anaru and Cuttleshock like this.
  8. ⭐️Zapfish⭐️

⭐️Zapfish⭐️ Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    meggiemooshoo
    Looking up at the counter, and upon seeing black Xs of doom across the enemys' icons, leaping onto the tower with a charged Kraken for what you feel will be a victory.

9. Xehias

Xehias Pro Squid

NNID:
    Xehias
    Urchin Underpass. I was using the Sploosh-o-matic 7 and facing a Hydra Splatling in the left side path. The Hydra was at the very end of the path, standing on the uninkable floor. I somehow managed to swim up and hide behind the obstacle on the left despite the barrage of ink unleashed on me. Once the Hydra’s charge had run out, I threw a Splat Bomb and watched as they tried to run away, but in vain. :p

Arowana Mall, same weapon. This isn’t so much a triumph on my part, moreso a lack of awareness on the enemy’s part, because I was able to just walk up to a charger on a perch, splatting them with their back turned to me!

Cuttleshock likes this.
  10. Slushious

Slushious Token Party Squid
    Premium

NNID:
    Setsu-P
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3439-5127-4993
    Double splat. With suction bombs. From under the grates at Kelp Dome.

I will savor this tiny win to my deathbed.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️, Xehias and Anaru like this.
  11. WeirdChillFever

WeirdChillFever Pro Squid

As would I brother, as would I

12. Xehias

Xehias Pro Squid

NNID:
    Xehias
    An opponent was camping a teammate’s Super Jump icon, and I splatted them just in time to save them! Got rewarded with a "Nice!". A single press of the down button can go a long way in making you feel good :p (And I’d wager teams that send Booyahs are overall more successful and cohesive. Sure wish Splatoon had detailed stats.)

Slushious and Hero of Lime like this.
  13. Ansible

Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Squishing an e-litre. With an inkbrush. Laughed so hard I couldn't see where I was going for the rest of the match.

14. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    I honestly believe Booya sharing teams have a chance to do better. It's a morale thing I think.

15. Slushious

Slushious Token Party Squid
    Premium

NNID:
    Setsu-P
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3439-5127-4993
    Absolutely agree with this. I start every match with a booyah, and if I get some in reply I know it's going to be a good game, win or lose. We also tend to do better overall than when I'm on a team of silent grim reapers who just run straight for the kill zone in mid. Stay fresh, stay optimistic, keep your teams positive. BOOYAH!

16. BlackWolf//WhiteAngel

There's something fun about the rare moment of sneaking up on people from behind with an Ink brush. :D

17. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    ---------------------------------- :cool: :rolleyes: -----E

(╯°□°)╯------E :eek:

My crude demonstration of a brush assassination.

Edit: Well, it looked much better in the preview of the post. Just pretend the purple one is under the "ink" in the first line. lol

18. ⭐️Zapfish⭐️

⭐️Zapfish⭐️ Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    meggiemooshoo
    Dunking the rainmaker. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ☆

19. Ansible

Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110