• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Little triumphs

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's Throwback Thursday, so I decided to dust off a weapon I haven't touched in a while: the Zink Mini Splatling. I was a little leery about using it (since the last time I tried using it didn't go so well), but I was able to perform pretty well, up to almost carrying my team through a 3v4.

But that's not why I'm here! Nay, the real hero of the story is the weapon's special: the Bubbler. It charges up quickly most of the time, so I can get away with saving it until I find the right time to use it. And about 3/4 through a match on Bluefin Depot I found the perfect opportunity for it.

See, I'd swam up the leftmost wall on the left-hand middle area, and I decided to take the other team's base by storm.* That plan was interrupted, however, when I saw a teammate battling an enemy who'd just popped a Kraken as I walked around the corner. The little space where this was going on was covered with our ink, so perhaps my guy would've been able to swim away without getting crushed. But as I'm not one to let lives hang by a thread, I activated my Bubbler and made a mad dash at him, hoping I could share it with him before he got caught.

What actually happened was that I managed to squeeze in right between both teammate and Kraken, simultaneously knocking him back (twice!) and giving my guy a Bubble of his own. Just a bit later, the Kraken reverted to normal, and we ganged up on him right then.

I believe this is what they refer to when talking about "true teamwork"?
...I wish I could end this story with a bad pun, but I sadly can't think of one.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Winning any 1v1, clear line-of-sight, no-cover-to-save-you, no lag Inkzooka shootout against an Inkzooka main! You know the types! (such a rush)

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I had an amazing moment during a match on Saltspray yesterday. I was rockin the Octobrush, so I decided to make a mad dash to the back area. Three people on the other team were right on my tentacles though, so I laid down a beacon right in front of them and super jumped. They thought I had super jumped away so they keep moving forward after destroying my beacon, but I had actually super jumped to the same beacon they had just destroyed. I easily surprised and splatted all three of them while feeling like a boss! A clever way to use beacons. :p

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I was practicing using an eliter in S rank as per usual yesterday and cause it was Bluefin rainmaker I wasn't having much success. One match I felt particularly useless and the enemy had got the rainmaker way further than us. But my trusty sneaky rainmaker skills redeemed me and I managed to carry it alone all the way up to almost the pedestal, taking the lead. I still felt like apologising to my team mates for my pathetic sniper support but at least we won xD

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Looking up at the counter, and upon seeing black Xs of doom across the enemys' icons, leaping onto the tower with a charged Kraken for what you feel will be a victory.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Urchin Underpass. I was using the Sploosh-o-matic 7 and facing a Hydra Splatling in the left side path. The Hydra was at the very end of the path, standing on the uninkable floor. I somehow managed to swim up and hide behind the obstacle on the left despite the barrage of ink unleashed on me. Once the Hydra’s charge had run out, I threw a Splat Bomb and watched as they tried to run away, but in vain. :p

Arowana Mall, same weapon. This isn’t so much a triumph on my part, moreso a lack of awareness on the enemy’s part, because I was able to just walk up to a charger on a perch, splatting them with their back turned to me!

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
An opponent was camping a teammate’s Super Jump icon, and I splatted them just in time to save them! Got rewarded with a "Nice!". A single press of the down button can go a long way in making you feel good :p (And I’d wager teams that send Booyahs are overall more successful and cohesive. Sure wish Splatoon had detailed stats.)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
An opponent was camping a teammate’s Super Jump icon, and I splatted them just in time to save them! Got rewarded with a "Nice!". A single press of the down button can go a long way in making you feel good :p (And I’d wager teams that send Booyahs are overall more successful and cohesive. Sure wish Splatoon had detailed stats.)
I honestly believe Booya sharing teams have a chance to do better. It's a morale thing I think.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I honestly believe Booya sharing teams have a chance to do better. It's a morale thing I think.
Absolutely agree with this. I start every match with a booyah, and if I get some in reply I know it's going to be a good game, win or lose. We also tend to do better overall than when I'm on a team of silent grim reapers who just run straight for the kill zone in mid. Stay fresh, stay optimistic, keep your teams positive. BOOYAH!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
There's something fun about the rare moment of sneaking up on people from behind with an Ink brush. :D
---------------------------------- :cool: :rolleyes: -----E

(╯°□°)╯------E :scared:

My crude demonstration of a brush assassination.

Edit: Well, it looked much better in the preview of the post. Just pretend the purple one is under the "ink" in the first line. lol

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
---------------------------------- :cool: :rolleyes: -----E

(╯°□°)╯------E :scared:

My crude demonstration of a brush assassination.

Edit: Well, it looked much better in the preview of the post. Just pretend the purple one is under the "ink" in the first line. lol
So how's the inkbrush treating you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom