Mafia 1 | D2

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Mafiascum! Sorry, TvS means Town to Scum. SvS means Scum to Scum. So we say SvS when we are talking about a scum and scum interaction. We say TvS when we talk about a Town and Scum interaction. SvT would mean the same thing but backwards (Scum and Town)

Hope you understand. What do you think about my assessment on H.jc, Coco?

JeXs

Inkling
Ah. I think it was Boss who asked questions to Bruce in the first place. On the read thing, I think it's more of a disagreement between you two, theory wise. Don't get hung up on that one fact! Plus I'd rather have Boss go over Bruce anyway. The dude isn't even here right now. But alright, look forward to your re-read results.
What, no. It's not a theory disagreement lol. What happened was that I stated I had African American as a town lean, then he says that I've had African American as null, and that he doesn't believe I'm town leaning African American because I didn't state any reasons, then uses that as an example for my lack of proactive play, stating that I could have asked him questions to strengthen my read.
Is there someplace I can look up the terms you guys are using? : o
Bruce posted a link earlier in the game, it's http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations. Feel free to ask if there are any abbreviations that you don't know and are not in the site.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
I want to know what makes you think I'm being stubborn, can you give an example or two so I can explain? On this seeming definitive, that's the point of a scumread. You push what you believe in, I just like to have solid evidence. I think you just need to read a bit more. It's summarized in the beginning at least. I'll try my best to help you all understand.
Primarily posts 324 and 325. They are directly trying to go against what h.JC is using as his explanation. The main thing that it made me think was that you are looking at that side without really being that willing to accept the explanations that h.JC gave. I understand that you need to push and all, but you literally repeated yourself when you replied in said posts, which implies that you are only looking single-mindedly as opposed to seeing the post as a double-sided sheet and analyzing it as if it were a poem, and it is just arousing suspicion on my end. Once again, I am not saying anything definitive atm, but it is just what I see atm.

Also, by "definitive" in my previous post (i.e. "you are making it seem too definitive for a day 1 post"), I mean it almost feels as if it is an ultimatum and that you are certain about h.JC at what is a very early point in the game, and really being so certain so early on is bound to arouse suspicion on my end. Sorry for not making that clearer.

ATM you are still in the same position as before in my mind (not made a read based on that post as I don't feel like it is anything which could alter suspicion) which just means that you are in a loose "maybe scummy" position from my view that I will need more evidence for me to feel you're lynch-worthy.

JeXs

Inkling
It's possible that he is wrong, and I think he'll be able to reconsider. That's why I was saying he might be townie, consider his question to H.jc, and then his response to him. I'm thinking Boss is the S if it's SvT. I can see why you think that. Talk to me about H.jc though. Also, I'm thinking from the perspective of a 2scum game. Anyways I think you'll need to look at the whole picture first before continuing on that road. If you truly feel he is more scum than H.jc, show me.
I'm currently at page 3 and I'm thinking h.JC is a town lean for me, he's shown to be eager to scum hunt and his gut fos on me is null at worst, not a scummy thing. It looked like a townie trying to get something out there to get the game moving on.

JeXs

Inkling
Assuming that's right, I would say that it isn't actually based on SM's alignment. It's the action of going "yeah me too"/blending in that's scummy, not trying to secure a mislynch on somebody.

##unvote
Why the unvote here?

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I'll reply to Drez when I get up I'm on my phone rn. Also thank you for the link.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Well, I'm not convinced when someone tells me they picked one person over the other due to gut. I don't think I have repeated my self in the whole post, but I did repeat my original sentiment: That he's not looking for scum, but trying to paint others as scum. You also can't expect me to accept his wifom as defense for his unvote, which is why I asked for a quote so I can further understand it. If you disagree on what I'm saying, then you should explain why I'm wrong then, at the very least.

On having an ultimatum, deadline is supposedly tomorrow/today, so I'm trying my best for the best scum lynch ToDay. (I always do, this isn't the first time) I am not saying I have or have ever had a %100 scum read. Townies never do, because they truly do not know to that extent. It's always an educated guess. Yet, it is my strongest read, next to Boss. I also do not know what your thoughts on Boss are? I get the feeling you have more of a problem with my interaction with H.jc, but not my actual initial accusations of him or Boss. Yet I haven't interacted with Boss, so I want to know what you think of that.

I actually want you to elaborate on a few more reads now, Mari.

JeXs

Inkling
I don't like how she went from not caring if she died to trying to blame me, especially when she has a grand total of zero votes on her currently.
I think that's because Bruce made a post saying not to underestimate any player slot, even a VT. I'm too lazy to go back and find it though.

JeXs

Inkling
I don't like the lack of reasoning he provided, and I'm also concerned that he's giving everyone a pass towards town/null. There's a possibility that he's trying to be active without actually contributing anything. I don't like Post 196 because it seems passive--"we'll end up with an inactive lynch" ignores his ability to try and influence it otherwise. Looking back, I'm having trouble finding posts where he actually gives thoughts about this specific game.
I didn't have any scum reads, I'm not going to push for a random lynch lol. If you feel like I'm not providing enough reasons, you could have asked me, which you didn't.

Anyways, I'm not really seeing h.JC scum atm, his eagerness to hunt for scum early on while most of us didn't have anything and were pretty lost makes me feel that he is more likely to be town. I think that as scum, he could have easily acted just as lost as the rest of the game and would have no repercussions from doing that. There are a few things I don't understand, like his unvote, and I don't really get the explanation of him backing off simply because at least one townie was defending coco, but overall, I think he's town.

JeXs

Inkling
Catchup notes

Page 1:
Squid's 32 is a bit weird. Don't know how voting first is suspicious unless he's just trying to bait a reaction from bruce. Initially dislike, but didn't want to get too in-depth about it as it might've already been progressed or answered.

Bruce's willingness to try and get people into the game is pretty good. Like the pro-active style. Initial town-lean.

h.Jc's post about him being town is null-scum to me. Really don't like when players state things ilke that as it comes off as an appeal and is for the most part useless.

Page 2:
Squid still being weird to me. #42. Don't know why he responded to h.Jc's statement about him being town. I really feel like he's trying to play the role as town but not actually doing anything that town would actually do, which is scumhunting or attempting to get discussion going. Two posts that are mostly useless don't give me a food feeling.

Initial FoS on Squid.

Bruce impressions are still fine. Nothing changed in terms of how I read him last page. I don't know know his experience and he could very much be fooling me, but I trust him for now. One thing to note is him being startled over African American voting him, which I don't get why he'd ask if he knows that it's RVS. Not as strong in my town-read now.

#48 xCoCo asking if mafia kills at night reads immediate noob-town. I don't think they're an experienced user who quite understands how forum mafia works, as they mentioned only epicmafia in the first page. Town-read.

African American gives me nothing that makes me feel town or scum so far. I'll probably wait until they make a move.

Like JeXs' post. #63. Would've asked the same if I was here.

@Bruce Squillus, in regards to your #65 about thinking scum usually = lurking, what do you think about the lesser active players right now? Do you think any of the active players could be scum?

h.Jc feeling weird to me also. Don't like the side comments that don't lead to anything, makes me feel like he's just trying to fit in. Don't know if h.Jc and Squid could both be scum though because I don't think mafia would interact in such a way that they did in #42.

Nothing else to note aside from that based on that page.

Page 3:
Like h.Jc's initiave to throw a FoS out finally like in #98. Kinda like his direction but not really all that much. I like the initiative at the least. I believe that's the first time someone actually FoS'ed someone so far, unless I missed people actually doing more besides stating the obvious.

Really wishing bruce would do more besides look pretty and talk. Really want to see him get his feet wet. My town-read is starting to diminish from earlier unless he picks it up.

@JeXs #104 Really? You think all scum is just lurking? I don't think that's a good assumption. You didn't suspect Squid for his #63 like I initially thought you did because you questioned it?

Town-read h.JC for his #109 even if I don't agree. Very risky for him to question XCoCo like that whom was being town-read by the majority of posters. It's such a risk that I don't feel scum would make but instead just go with the flow. I don't think I agree though and I'm rpetty sure xCoCo is being genuine.

Page 4:

Agree with #125 from African American. Town-read alone based on feeling like he's on the same page as me. Wouldn't lynch today.

Still really liking Jc.

Don't like Squid's #151. Don't know where he's been but the fact he came back only to explain a joke vote is very offputing. Scum read.

Page 5:
Not liking JeXs still. Just too much talk for my tastes and not enough action. I don't like him parroting African American at all. Scum read.

Squid's #176 is interesting. Perhaps brutal honesty to not know who to vote for? Could just be playing dumb but I don't know yet. I still dislike his previous actions so I don't see myself being too lenient.

JeXs, I really don't know why you don't have a scum-read just yet. I think there's been plenty content to pursue so no idea why you're sitting on your thumbs.

Margi not knowing who to vote for is null but I could town-read it alone if he were a noob. Don't know how to feel. I kinda like his #199 and #200 from the more-so noobtown perspective.

Thought I'd get this out there before people think I'm slacking still.
Tentative reads

Town: jC, Margi, xCoCo
Null: African, Squillus
Null scum: Squid
Scum: JeXs

Anyone I'm missing?
There are a lot of contradictions in these 2 posts.

JeXs

Inkling
FOS Bruce
I feel like the more recent questions to African American and myself are pointed to get us to think down certain lines of logic. I also don't like the following quote from 195.

I don't really see the point to it, except to try and appear as a concerned townie.
Hmm, interesting. @Drez

JeXs

Inkling
##Vote: Jexs
Then he said he didn't have any scum-reads, let alone strong suspicions, something I still find hard to believe, and he brought up lynching an inactive, (the worst strategy town could possibly do is shoot in the dark).
Did you actually find that hard to believe? I'm having a tough time believing that you did, because everyone was lost at the time. African American had no scum reads, you didn't until your scum read of me. I don't get why you single me out on this, is it because I've been posting a lot?

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
On having an ultimatum, deadline is supposedly tomorrow/today, so I'm trying my best for the best scum lynch ToDay. (I always do, this isn't the first time) I am not saying I have or have ever had a %100 scum read. Townies never do, because they truly do not know to that extent. It's always an educated guess. Yet, it is my strongest read, next to Boss. I also do not know what your thoughts on Boss are? I get the feeling you have more of a problem with my interaction with H.jc, but not my actual initial accusations of him or Boss. Yet I haven't interacted with Boss, so I want to know what you think of that.

I actually want you to elaborate on a few more reads now, Mari.
Once again, my reads on you are only loose atm. It is difficult for me to identify anything overly suspicious. My suspicions surrounding you are based mostly around the interraction between you and h.JC, which is why I wanted more confirmation before I said anything certain. ATM, you are on the border between null and null scum, but with only half of your foot in null scum (i.e. mostly regular null atm), and i don't think I'll make a final judgement on you until at least day 2 or day 3. Anyway, lets move away from this as idk if I can gather enough evidence for your position on the flurry of posts, wall of text and your interraction with h.JC alone. Will post comments on JeXs' post in another post.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
There are a lot of contradictions in these 2 posts.
As for bossanova, he is certainly suspicious. However, he is difficult to read based around the somewhat... what's the word... peculiar (probably worded it wrong, but idk how to describe it) pattern of his posts. I mean, JeXs said that the posts contradict one another. Lemme just analyse that real quick.

With a skim over the post I can see that he is constantly implying Squid to be scum, but then in the second post he is placing JeXs as scum yet only leaving Squid as null scum. I understand that there isn't much to go off of for squid atm, but why would he paint him in the way he did only to then be so picky with it? IDK. It seems a lot like he is trying to disguise himself as a townie. However, that is the only real contradiction I see within the post. Most of what he said in his post overlaps with the other post, which is pushing him closer to null. Currently, he is null scum for me, although he has a foot over in regular null.

However, there is one thing which is making me a little edgy. Why would you specifically choose to compare those two posts @JeXs? And why say it is a full contradiction when actually a lot of what he states in his post agrees with what he says in his "consolidation"? I have read through his post, and tbh I have noticed he has made a rather strong scum read on you, and the way that you have gone about the post almost feels like you are trying to undermine his scum read on you and point him out, which is suspicious to say the least. It feels like you are trying to divert the attention that he has placed on you over to him.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
... I just want to know what exactly you think I am wrong on, point by point. You obviously agree with his posts over mine. But yes, let's move on to boss for now. I do not see how you think Boss made a strong scum read on JeXs, do you really believe it is strong?

JeXs

Inkling
There are more contradictions in his post, for one example would be him liking Bruce and stating in his catch up post that African American is a town read, then leaving both of them in the null pile. His scum read on me can be summed up in "he didn't have scum reads and a lot of his posts aren't helpful to the game" which I have already gone over a ton.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Also, I'm willing to make a compromise towards Boss ToDay, if you'll have me.

JeXs

Inkling
This is used to signify the game day over a real life day, for the newer players out there! We capitalize the D to let people know what type of "day" we are talking about.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
There are more contradictions in his post, for one example would be him liking Bruce and stating in his catch up post that African American is a town read, then leaving both of them in the null pile. His scum read on me can be summed up in "he didn't have scum reads and a lot of his posts aren't helpful to the game" which I have already gone over a ton.
The reason he put Bruce in null was most likely as a result of this line:
Really wishing bruce would do more besides look pretty and talk. Really want to see him get his feet wet. My town-read is starting to diminish from earlier unless he picks it up.
The rest aligns with his other post aside from the Squid points, which I have already covered (unless I am missing something, in which case what am I missing?)
... I just want to know what exactly you think I am wrong on, point by point. You obviously agree with his posts over mine. But yes, let's move on to boss for now. I do not see how you think Boss made a strong scum read on JeXs, do you really believe it is strong?
I am not saying either are wrong, and I am not specifically saying either of you are right. It was just about the way that you went about the response to him that made me feel slightly suspicious. Once again, you are more null than null scum for me, and I need more time/data to make a more decisive read on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom