Mafia 1 | D2

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Other reads:

African American - Slight Town. He sees what I think a townie would. He mentions that Boss Nova puts him and squills at null while having paragraphs mentioning actual likes, which doesn't fit.
Bruce Squillis - Town. I like that he is considering both sides of the puzzle, as opposed to H.JC.

Everyone else null, needs to post more and post more thoughts/reads.

Vote: H.jc
FOS: Bossanova

I would have liked Boss to have posted, but we do not have time to wait.

Mod: Request deadline extension since I just replaced

##second that deadline extension (maybe 24 hours max?) cuz of replacement

also, lemme apologize for my lack of contribution for the past ~12 hours, and what will likely be a big chunk of tomorrow. my best friend moved to miami beach, so ive been finding myself spending fat chunks of time here just laxin and lovin life and puff puffin over here. ill be good and back on track tomorrow when i get home, but until then consider me pseudo V/LA.

also let this be a warning to anyone asking why im not posting: if you say that, i will immediately have a bad impression of you cuz it tells me you dont read thoroughly. thats one of my BIG pet peeves from my home site - worrying about something that's answer is cleeeeearly in the thread.

dear african american: remember to start reading from when drez replaced in.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Drez, it's okay that you missed it, but in post #39, I made an announcement. Official and everything.

(a) You accuse me of trying to force my thoughts onto other people, but then have part of your accusation be "he didn't make the same conclusion as i did from one of bruce's posts"
(b)/(c) is just that I don't personally dartboard and the site I come from avoiding it. We go through simple "hello" posts and, thinking about it, always start off with a vote or two on the same player as a habit. While dartboards do come form some of the players, "Hey guys, we are currently in RVS" is not something we do, nor is it something I particularly want to do.
(d) yeah, there wasn't a very good reason to pick out JeXs over Bruce there. It's one of the "gut feelings" that Bruce mentioned earlier, and you even highlighted the part where I state there isn't a very good reason to pick out JeXs over Bruce there.
(e) was a result fo confusion. Starting with night makes more sense, and the issue has been resolved. The question, as I interpreted it, was scummy because it felt like mafia trying to play up the newbie card.
(f) I think the unvote was explained somewhere else. Basically, Coco had all three other people jump to her aid. You may feel that this is me, as mafia, trying to back down from a mislynch that isn't working out, but instead it's simply that the situation clearly outlined at least one member of town was defending her. I made my case, people rebutted it, and I reassessed my gameplay. This line of reasoning also doesn't work out for the reasons Boss mentioned. As scum, it is more likely I try to poke more at JeXs or other players than vote for the one player everyone else has called town. You can call it wifom, but it's just not equally likely scenarios here.
(g) is more of a joke than anything. You're grasping at reasons on this one.
(h) is clearly not true, as I did not label African American as scum for his questions earlier in the game. The context of the questions and lack of thoughts to accompany it gave me the feeling you were scum trying to pull more information from town before making a case.
(i) is silly. I mentioned something I find scummy, you come in doing exactly that, and then you're upset that I find you scummy for it. I never said you were trying to derail the thread or fluff. I said that you were mafia trying to get information from the town in order to choose the side you could blend in with easier.

You also call me stubborn, but then also accuse me of when I change my vote, which demonstrates that I'm willing to listen to what other people ahve to say. I'm not ignoring people or being stubborn by not making formal retractons of my FOS's from earlier in the game.

Drez, I think I know the answer, but to clarify, do you find the placements of players on Boss's trust list scummy, or is it simply that he has a trust list?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
A. I'm saying you are being stubborn when it works to your own benefit, and with no good reason.
B. Look at C.
C. I just wanted people to see you help slow down town's progress, while seeing that you contradict that with accusing others of not being able to find scum. I just find that as, being unfair when you aren't even helping that much in that regard.
D. Exactly, and gut isn't a good reason for you to have picked it. That is definitely what scum would do, use gut as a cover for what they cannot explain.
E. It wasn't actually suspicious, and African explained why it would make sense for someone from a different type of mafia, to be confused. Sometimes, newbs can legit be confused, regardless of alignment. It's null. You tried to spin it off as scummy.
F. I do feel like you backed out since you seemed to have no further ammo for the push, but I didn't see that. It felt like you still had some, but only left so you wouldn't have to argue with African about it. Plus, you still wanted to jump BACK onto Coco, when she isn't even omgusing you. Otherwise, if you have good reason for backing down, please quote it.
G. This leads into H, that's all.
H. If you knew townies need to ask questions to develop reads, maybe you'd understand that once they deliver the content, and it's as weak as Boss's, then maybe you would have a point. But this is not the case, and you kept pushing it without waiting. What my issue is, it felt more forced, and not as natural, without you thinking, but just responding on auto-pilot.

The placement. Some reads he has doesn't fit with the actual reasoning he has, which shows he is fabricating the reads instead of producing genuine reads. Plus, his scumreads are weak, very weak. Do you agree?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Real H. I just ask about what I find suspicious, wrt to Boss and Bruce. Thanks to Bruce answering, I was able to understand his side, and liked him from it. Then to phone content in, I just ask others about three reads to get them talking. That's what I was talking about with the first quote against you. You seemed to not notice that Bruce did exactly that, but you did not say a thing (specifically about that). This is why I find you suspicious, because you aren't actually looking for scum, you are trying to make others look scummy.
H is actually i.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Argh. Reading all of this is making my head hurt XD

I think it may be easier for all of us as players to make reads on each other if, instead of posting giant walls of text, we were to separate these things out from one another (i.e. multiple posts for multiple points). It is just completely obnoxious trying to read posts such as Drez's accusations of Bossanova and h.JC simply because they are walls of text.

Anyway, atm my main read on Drez is somewhat scummy simply due to how stubborn he is being with h.JC. It seems like he is looking at one side of the argument alone as opposed to both like Bruce Squillis is, and it feels almost too much like a definitive read for a day 1 accusation for me not feel suspicious. I will give you some time to try and redeem yourself but ATM you feel more like scum than not.

tl;dr: Loose read change: Drez=Null-->Scum

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Marigi: Sorry, I was quoting things that stuck out to me, and it eventually became a wall of text. I left it as is because, I don't trust people to simply read the important parts without just skimming the thread in this place. We also don't have time for me to sit around and try to synthesize it for you all. Just read the beginning and just look at the red text.

I want to know what makes you think I'm being stubborn, can you give an example or two so I can explain? On this seeming definitive, that's the point of a scumread. You push what you believe in, I just like to have solid evidence. I think you just need to read a bit more. It's summarized in the beginning at least. I'll try my best to help you all understand.

JeXs

Inkling
About Bruce, the main thing sticking out is that he starts scum reading me immediately after Boss. That could be a townie following a player he agrees with on a read. But one thing that makes me look at him is that he mentions I had African American as null, rather than a town lean. He states that he views my read as null because I didn't state why. This is his own belief, which isn't true, since he's not me. That's fine that he doesn't believe I read someone else a certain way, but he uses it to attack me for a lack of reads and not trying to progress. I don't know why a townie would lie about someone else's read, which is why I'm bothered by this.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Jexs: I thought it was SvS at first, but noticed Bruce thinking like a townie individually, so I realized I may have been getting too drawn into association. So I wouldn't bank on it.

JeXs

Inkling
Also, hi ran. Posting on phone for this site is the worst thing ever, it lags so bad.

JeXs

Inkling
Jexs: I thought it was SvS at first, but noticed Bruce thinking like a townie individually, so I realized I may have been getting too drawn into association. So I wouldn't bank on it.
I'm leaning towards it being a TvS. I mean, it could be SvS if Bruce is a newbie, which I think he's clearly not. He's shown to have past experience with mafia.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
It's possible that he is wrong, and I think he'll be able to reconsider. That's why I was saying he might be townie, consider his question to H.jc, and then his response to him. I'm thinking Boss is the S if it's SvT. I can see why you think that. Talk to me about H.jc though. Also, I'm thinking from the perspective of a 2scum game. Anyways I think you'll need to look at the whole picture first before continuing on that road. If you truly feel he is more scum than H.jc, show me.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Also what's up Jexy. :p I use my phone to refresh the site, and then get on my laptop. I should be asleep.

JeXs

Inkling
Ehh.. no. I'm not saying I specifically think Bruce is the S. I'm just saying their interaction reads TvS to me and saying why I think it's possible for Bruce to be the S. I'll talk to you about h.JC after I reread. And yes, it's a 2 man scum. The setup is in the OP.

JeXs

Inkling
^That doesn't mean I think it's more likely that Bruce is the S, I haven't did my reread yet and I'm not sure which one is the S yet, since both have points that I find scummy. I'll have to reassess after my reread.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Ah. I think it was Boss who asked questions to Bruce in the first place. On the read thing, I think it's more of a disagreement between you two, theory wise. Don't get hung up on that one fact! Plus I'd rather have Boss go over Bruce anyway. The dude isn't even here right now. But alright, look forward to your re-read results.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Is there someplace I can look up the terms you guys are using? : o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom