Mafia 1 | D2

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
That's all really nice h.JC, but what's your read on Boss. It just seems like you're defending him for no apparent reason in that entire paragraph.
I'm still unsure if you read him town or scum. You're defending him, so does that mean you think he's town? I don't see any reason to go to such great lengths for a player one would read as null.

Also, since you just mentioned you wanted to go after one of the people voting him, who out of the people voting appears scummy to you? They can't all be scum.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Yes, I currently read him as town. As I mentioned, Drez and JeXs are the two from the four votes that I find the most scummy (although JeXs did recently unvote).

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
ebwop voters not votes. clarifying because the action of voting itself isn't scummy

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
actually i guess that wording kinda works since the vote on that player in particular is part of the read here.

Bossanova

Inkling
Worked 8 hours today and just got home. Very sorry that I've been too busy to properly respond to anything.

My catchup was just that - A catchup. I was trying to condense how I felt in such a way to outline all my thoughts as I feel transparency for the most part is much better than being elusive and secretive if you don't have good reason. Really haven't read the accusations against me besides the whole 'well you put African as null but you town-read him' but you need to read my catch-up post like a timeline of events instead of hardlined facts that I was trying to present. I wanted to show people what I thought at given times, and I planned to elaborate further on my reads once I got some people to read it and get at me at the points I did attention to. I'm very much not going down without a fight. Give me a moment to read up and respond to some people.

Bossanova

Inkling
Funny you should ask, I was about to say Jexs isn't looking too hot atm. Newer players are usually less active, with the exception of Coco, she's been around a fair amount. Scum does not = lurking, but as a general statement, lurking is scummy. I've seen scum hide in plain sight on multiple occasions, and some people are really fricken good at it. In regards to active players being scum, right now Jexs isn't my main man.
I appreciate that you (were) on the same wavelength with me but what was stopping you from voting him in the first place? There was a reason that my town-read diminished on you and it's because I feel you were just sitting around talking conjecture and making posts that looked townie but not actually doing what a townie should and trying to progress the game forward. There was a moment where I felt like there was a ton of talking but not a whole lot being done, which very much confused me.

African American said:
@Bossanova in your wall post you implied liking me and squillis, and then in your reads summary you put us as null. sure theyre tentative, but is there any particular reason that we arent more than null aside from "reassess later?"

also i skimmed that for the most part and will read in full when i come back later tonight, so if its answered in the post ill end up finding it.
Talked about this in my recent post. I don't think you're the lynch for today but I'm still not comfortable with town-reading you just yet.

What about it seems desperate? If I asked you, "are you town?" how would you respond?
Seemed useless. Didn't understand why he felt the need to say he was town, but I haven't paid it too much mind as I've liked the rest of his play aside from that.

Drez said:
@Bossanova ova: Why is Jex scum in one sentence? Why aren't you voting? Could you go more into why you are town reading Margi, seeing you see it as a town noob. I don't see it though. Null to me.
I wanted to wait to affirm my vote and give JeXs time to respond, nothing more to it. You're wrong on me but I don't want to squabble with you as it's always a head-ache. My read on margi was a base read off of initial impression, kind of like the one I'm having on you right now. You're being typical townmaru and I don't think you'll be today's lynch even if I wanted you, so I'm putting you in my back pocket as I don't think it's prudent to get into wall conversations over nothing.

If I'm right, I'm being scum read for having no scum reads and having lots of non content posts?

The first one I can't help it, I personally didn't find anything scummy through the duration of the game, which is why I said I would do a reread, which I will later when I'm not as tired. As for me not wanting to lynch squid master before he responded, I figured it was a joke as soon as I saw it, it's too obvious of a contradiction that I think even a newer player would notice and not do it. Even the way it came off looked like a joke.

I have lots of posts without content because that's just me as a person, I just really like to talk haha. I know it seems like a really weak defense but that's what it is. It's my personality!
I don't see how this is an excuse. If I may delve into meta you're much more willing to get your feet wet than what you're doing right now which really sets off alarms for me. I feel you're trying to turn your anti-town behavior into a 'just you' behavior that can somehow immediately discredit the fact that you really haven't done a lot, and continue to do so. I won't be so lenient for good reason.

Cutting this short to read the rest of the pages so people don't think I'm not keeping my promises.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Let's just not bring meta into this game. New site=new meta. We don't need to be a replica of smashboards, not that that's a bad thing, but I kind of wanted to keep the game pure instead of it being tainted by others.

Bossanova

Inkling
h.Jc said:
Alright, so the case against Boss seems to be:
1) He mentions Squid as scum, but doesn't read him as scum.
2) He accuses JeXs of not having a scum read.
3) He listed African as town in his post, but put him as null in the turst list.
Glad you did this, I can make this easier to explain.

1) Read the post again. I thought squid was making scummy actions and my initial thought of said actions that they were scum, but the read waivered as I continued to see their posts, as I pointed out. I backed off as his pleas felt slightly genuine in not knowing who to vote, but his lack of content and activity makes me feel like that perhaps he's smarter than what I take him, and he's using the fact that he's a newcomer to hide behind his lack of town intent. I want to think that even the most noob town have some sort of inkling (lol) as to who or what they suspect, or what they like. Squid hasn't really done any of that and it's been a while since he's shown his face and I very much dislike it. That's the read I was meaning to get to but I didn't have time to post.

2) Yeah, more or less, but not necessarily the whole thing. I'm accusing JeXs for sitting on his thumbs and making pushes that feel like they're gonna go somewhere (e.g the squid push) but just don't. Squid didn't even respond to him from what I remember (?) and I don't know why you'd let someone you suspect get away so easily and not even question them. It makes him look fake.

3) Already covered.

You mentioned in your post that I didn't wanna seem to like I figured the game and you're slightly true, but if the gun were to my head I'd bet the scum were in Squid/Bruce/JeXs, though I'm not saying there are any partner tells or anything like that, they're just who I suspect the most.

Bossanova

Inkling
I get how you could be taken aback by it but I prioritize myself on mafia and try to focus on certain things instead of everything. Drez literally doesn't interest me and I'd rather town-read him for shallow reasons right now instead of thinking about it when I already have prime suspects in my head.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
I read all of Drez's read on h.JC. I certainly agree with parts of it, but other parts are meh. It would take an hour to write an entire post commenting on that post.
In summary, his general read on him is perfectly fine, but some of the minor parts like him pushing to not participate in RVS as part of his scum agenda don't make sense. If I were scum, I'd be all over RVS. It's a free vote with practically no repercussion. One of the hardest things I find as a scum player is getting my vote in circulation.

My initial scum read is H.jc. After reading over these posts, I get that he is active, but also stubborn. I get that he is trying to force people into reads by saying that they should play in a certain way, and not actually trying to read them. He also seems to for no reason target Jexs over Bruce for giving advice. This is opportunistic at best. His read on me is robotic, as if the result was pre-determined from the start. I will explain this later on with a quote. He is active, along with others, but is active scum, who isn't trying to read people, but paint people as scum that he chooses, for no reason. (Jex)
The last part, the part about him not reading people, and painting others as scum. That part speaks to me, and it is meat of your read. They've all been fairly weaker pushes, i,e: Coco, Jexs, but pushes nonetheless. Specifically the cycle of vote and unvote on Coco.

Drez said:
Here, Bruce Squenner never gave a read before asking about Jex, and then made a push on him. Yet H.jc never actually considered this as a possible avenue to consider. He does FOS Bruce, but for a different reason. I get that he's not really trying to find scum, only trying to make people seem scummy.
Didn't he try to throw an HOS at you for a similar interaction between you and me? His suspicions formed from you asking a plethora of questions at me without giving your reads before-hand, so really we're both kind of guilty of that.
I asked him for a read because I was starting to formulate a scumread on Jexs, and I wanted his opinion of Jexs in general. I can't really prove that I was already planning to read Jexs as scum, but w/e.

Bossanova

Inkling
I honestly want to vote Squid more than JeXs in light of recent events as I just feel he's more likely to flip scum and making him come out of the woodwork would be best, and it's not like he's going to be much of a team player.

Vote: Squid Master

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
We still have over an entire day left. I don't really get why we need an extension. However, this comes from a 24 hour phase mindset, so I'm probably just not used to it.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Does anyone think Jexs defending fluff posting and lack of scumhunting as part of his personality is appeal to emotion? (AtE) I've actually forgotten how to interpret AtE.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Real H. I just ask about what I find suspicious, wrt to Boss and Bruce. Thanks to Bruce answering, I was able to understand his side, and liked him from it. Then to phone content in, I just ask others about three reads to get them talking. That's what I was talking about with the first quote against you. You seemed to not notice that Bruce did exactly that, but you did not say a thing (specifically about that). This is why I find you suspicious, because you aren't actually looking for scum, you are trying to make others look scummy.
H is actually i.
Ohhhh, that answers my question. Nvm.

YOLOSWAG

Inkling
Votecount
Bossanova (4): Squid Master, Drez, Marigi, JeXs
JeXs (1): Bruce Squillis
Squid Master (1): Bossanova

Not Voting (3): xCoco, African American, h.JC

deadline is 11:59pm est june 17. it takes 5 2 lynch w/9 alive

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
##unvote

I feel like it is probably a good time to jump off of the Bossanova bandwagon after seeing his posts. TBH, Squid is being rather suspicious in the way that he is going about the process, and his comments have given me sort of mixed feelings as to whether I feel him as scummy or innocent. It feels like at points he may be trying to minimise his risk of being read based around his activity. While I understand that he may just be inactive due to being busy, he is from the UK, and there isn't really anything in the UK that takes up a full 24-hour time period - especially mid-week (I know because I also live in the UK), and if he were going away on holiday (i.e. the only way that I can think of that would result in him missing a full day due to traveling or something) he would have known beforehand and dropped out as necessary due to not being present for the full period. It is just giving me an impression of trying to conceal something. Part of why I bandwagoned instead of voting squid was because I thought he'd post later on (as it was still around midday and he could have been at school or work or something) but he never did, which is just making me feel like he is scum.

##vote Squid Master

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Despite all the stuff stacked up on h.JC, I don't see anything truly condemning. His defense was fair, as it cleared up some of your accusations, i,e; him explaining his early gut read on Jexs. Gut reads were fine in that stage of the game. The only thing that has me concerned is that he didn't say it was gut when he posted the FOS. Passing it off as gut now seems like he's looking for an alternative...

Actually, scratch him giving a fair defense, there are still questionable things going on in that slot, just not enough things for me to put him past the leaning scum area. I need time to re-evaluate my own read on JC, but based off our interactions, and the entire push from Drez, I'm really leaning scum on his slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom