Votecount
Bossanova (3): Squid Master, Drez, JeXs
JeXs (1): Bruce Squillis
Squid Master (1): Bossanova

Not Voting (4): xCoco, African American, h.JC, Marigi

deadline is 11:59pm est june 17 (tomorrow). it takes 5 2 lynch w/9 alive

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, it isn't enough for me to change my opinion--it actually came up because I was also about to list three people I would be okay with lynching today. If he does get lynched and turns up scum, though, I think his partner would probably be one of the three.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Overall, I'm wary of why you're so confident in me being scum. This seems somewhat like you're own accusation of me for being "too determined." When somebody disagreed with you (miragi), you changed the topic to Boss instead of considering reevaluating.
(c) seems like info drop. I've been the player with the most fos's/scum reads so far, so I don't get how you can say I'm not trying to hunt scum at all.

(d) is calling me out for gut readings, despite not offering any criticism towards Bruce for his use and encouragement of this tactic.

(e) is true, in the sense that I found it scummy, so I presented it in why I thought she was scummy. I'm not trying to spin things, I was presenting my case.

(f) isn't quoted but this is a topic already discussed and you simply disagree with my playstyle here.

(h) is an interesting perspective, but I disagree with Boss's play being particularly weak. He simply went for a Page-by-page analysis instead of summary thoughts. The scum read on him is mostly for things that he said early in the analysis that are different than at the end of the analysis. I will reread this, though, since he is currently at three votes.
I couldn't re-evaluate because she wasn't giving me anything new at all to re-evaluate. If someone else tells me I'm wrong, I want them to at least bring up specific examples to prove me wrong. She did not do this.

I already did when I came in, when I was asking him questions. After talking with him I was fine with him.

I think this is where I get the stubbornness from, but I'm seeing it as more of your playstyle/thinking and not just scummyiness.

Then what do you think of his recent play, especially voting Squid??

as JeXs quoted, I did FOS Bruce for his questions. I thought this was actually part of your "robotic checklist" accusation against me. At this point, it seems more like you're just trying to force scum onto everything I do.
I saw this, but didn't think it was similar to the HOS on me. I thought you didn't like a specific question he gave, not just 'generally giving questions'. If you had a problem with bruces question about jex to you, then I'll drop the point.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I feel like it is probably a good time to jump off of the Bossanova bandwagon after seeing his posts.
What exactly did you see in his posts that made you drop? You also never said anything when getting on him, so I want to know, were you afraid that I called you wishy washy on Bossanova, and that's why you got on? Or something else?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
The only qualm I have with votes for squid have to do with the fact that he's practically inactive. There's not a lot to go off from that slot. Bossanova's pushing something about him being a lot smarter than he looks, and I'm not really buying that. I mostly take people's appearances in-game at face value, but at the same time, I try to not underestimate people.
Also, activity is never really indicative of alignment.
Good point. This Squid push is pretty bad, and has no chance of finding scum over Boss in my opinion. Also disappointed in Marigi going over to Squid due to the reasoning she gave.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
What exactly did you see in his posts that made you drop? You also never said anything when getting on him, so I want to know, were you afraid that I called you wishy washy on Bossanova, and that's why you got on? Or something else?
A combination of "wishy washy" and me feeling at that moment that bandwagoning was the best route. However, now I am not so sure anymore, which is why I've unvoted (twice)

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Well, I think you had better reasoning for getting on Boss than Squid. Obviously the activity thing doesn't hold up well, as we can't know if he's using that to fake being read, but you could tell Boss was being fake, as you said. So Boss is the better wagon, wouldn't you agree?

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Yeah. My head is in a twist/swimming atm. I've unvoted everyone and I am going to sleep on it. I think that it is probably best for me to come back with a fresh mind tomorrow (although completely fresh will be difficult due to me having an exam first thing tomorrow and then another in the afternoon, and I will be posting between the two before coming back on again after the afternoon exam). I'm going to re-read through the thread (not looking foreward to reading 12 pages ;;;) and hopefully try to make some judgements.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
That was quite fast. It usually takes you a while to post, hmm.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Also, the squid one wasn't me bandwagoning anymore. It was more me making a quick judgement based around his inactivity. At that point I had stopped feeling like wagoning was the best way to do it, so that is why I changed.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Since deadline is almost here you'll have to agree to something anyway. (Tomorrow it seems)

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
The reason I've changed is just because this is my only tab open at this point XD This'll be my last post for the night, but it is just sort of me being given questions right as im about to come off XD. Anyway, good night all :]

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Despite all the stuff stacked up on h.JC, I don't see anything truly condemning. His defense was fair, as it cleared up some of your accusations, i,e; him explaining his early gut read on Jexs. Gut reads were fine in that stage of the game. The only thing that has me concerned is that he didn't say it was gut when he posted the FOS. Passing it off as gut now seems like he's looking for an alternative...
I see you are over-thinking things here, and can see it's a sign you are townie. I have lately considered that it's possible he's townie who is too stubborn to even buckle down as you can see with his recent replies to me. (For example, the Coco point) He carries on in the same way and still scumreads me, and I find it townie because one does what one believes firmly, as town. I would like to re-direct your scumdar to Marigi, though. Upon a scumflip of Boss nova, I would definitely look to Mari, as she has been soft defending boss, was wishy washy on him, and gets off him when the time is right. (He claimed, and then she got off immediately towards a bad push on Squid, which she also backs off)

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I want to highlight one thing:

I wanted to wait to affirm my vote and give JeXs time to respond, nothing more to it. You're wrong on me but I don't want to squabble with you as it's always a head-ache. My read on margi was a base read off of initial impression, kind of like the one I'm having on you right now.
That's a weak explanation for Margi and it doesn't convince me. I don't see how it could make her noobtown.

I honestly want to vote Squid more than JeXs in light of recent events as I just feel he's more likely to flip scum and making him come out of the woodwork would be best, and it's not like he's going to be much of a team player.

Vote: Squid Master
Where did you give reasoning to show this feeling? This push is really weak and it reak's of opportunism. Same goes for Mari. @JeXs

Bossanova

Inkling
You're not reading if you don't know why I suspect squid. That's shoddy and bad play of you. I outlined why I think it's squid in this post:

1) Read the post again. I thought squid was making scummy actions and my initial thought of said actions that they were scum, but the read waivered as I continued to see their posts, as I pointed out. I backed off as his pleas felt slightly genuine in not knowing who to vote, but his lack of content and activity makes me feel like that perhaps he's smarter than what I take him, and he's using the fact that he's a newcomer to hide behind his lack of town intent. I want to think that even the most noob town have some sort of inkling (lol) as to who or what they suspect, or what they like. Squid hasn't really done any of that and it's been a while since he's shown his face and I very much dislike it. That's the read I was meaning to get to but I didn't have time to post.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I didn't notice it since you replied to H.jc. I'll get to this.

1) Read the post again. I thought squid was making scummy actions and my initial thought of said actions that they were scum, but the read waivered as I continued to see their posts, as I pointed out. I backed off as his pleas felt slightly genuine in not knowing who to vote, but his lack of content and activity makes me feel like that perhaps he's smarter than what I take him, and he's using the fact that he's a newcomer to hide behind his lack of town intent. I want to think that even the most noob town have some sort of inkling (lol) as to who or what they suspect, or what they like. Squid hasn't really done any of that and it's been a while since he's shown his face and I very much dislike it. That's the read I was meaning to get to but I didn't have time to post.

2) Yeah, more or less, but not necessarily the whole thing. I'm accusing JeXs for sitting on his thumbs and making pushes that feel like they're gonna go somewhere (e.g the squid push) but just don't. Squid didn't even respond to him from what I remember (?) and I don't know why you'd let someone you suspect get away so easily and not even question them. It makes him look fake.

You mentioned in your post that I didn't wanna seem to like I figured the game and you're slightly true, but if the gun were to my head I'd bet the scum were in Squid/Bruce/JeXs, though I'm not saying there are any partner tells or anything like that, they're just who I suspect the most.
1. I don't see how his activity and lack of content can show this, this is actually quite the stretch from you and Mari. Still a bad push. Mari is also abusing the fact that she's a newb while backing off too many times. Thoughts on that?
2. I feel the same way about Mari getting off you without really thinking about it, but I don't think you mention this. Dislike that you handslap her a noobtown read without reading her at all. Bruce is looking at her actions more than you are. On Jex, I think he didn't really suspect him?? @JeXs
3. This approach is pretty lazy, and not helpful at all.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I'm so lost I'm going to re-read and see if I can gather anything. I am not good with this early reading thing - but I'll gve it a go.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Thinking it over some more, I think the argument between Drez and I is TvT. He's put forth his thoughts fairly well and pushed down multiple lines of thoughts--overall good scum hunting.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
I feel that Bruce's change of opinion on me was fairly sudden and could possibly have been an attempt to draw out the clash between us. I wouldn't value this too seriously yet, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom