Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Rom-Steïn No, not good job, there is no reason to ever ever vote for yourself. Even you recognize it is illogical. Unless you're playing by a different ruleset than everyone else, which is a psychological angle that you can take which assumes that you want to confuse everyone, then sure, I guess. You guess you win?

Are you town pushing for scum or scum playing some really dumb mind game? I don't know if I should be amused or frustrated. And I think that's what you want. I'm glad you can get at least that then. >_>

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I think what he is trying to say is he purposely played in a suspicious way to re-direct votes from Thingy to himself, possibly outing mafia who wanted a lynch (if he's town). For example, notice how Aykorn and Boolerex moved swiftly while Thingy did not move. The only problem with this is: It's a bad play, and it can also spark town to jump on him as well, so it can just create confusion.

If he flips scum don't think too hard on it as it will be wifomy and he may be trying to distract you from your direction or keep you going in the wrong direction.

Remember what I said about night actions guys.

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
Ah, trying to figure out what I thought ?
Good luck.

Boolerex said:
Correct me if Im wrong,but i'm pretty sure there is only 2 scum,it say so in the setup.
Only 2 mafia guys ? Oh I see. Then there's more chance that 3 townies die at the end of the Day. Aha.

Reed said:
Are you town pushing for scum or scum playing some really dumb mind game?
You'll see when I get lynched, since my role will be revealed (it's written in the rules : when a player dies, his role is revealed by the moderator).
Reed said:
I don't know if I should be amused or frustrated.
Can't help you, it's only your taste. Maybe you should just ignore it and focus on the other players which will still be here for the next days ?
Reed said:
Even you recognize it is illogical.
Try to figure it out. Even the weirdest action has some logic when you have the good angle...illogical just means hard to figure out.

Boolerex said:
it just rom that gave up.
Not really gave up. Just that I knew I was gonna die, either way, so I had to get some fun before quitting. xP
And something else too, which should be pretty clear at the end of the Day.

Thingyman

Inkling
I am uncomfortable, since I don't know whether we are allowed to post? On all other sites that I play, you shouldn't post after hammer/maj.

But since everyone else is posting, I'll express that I'm very saddened and discouraged by these proceedings. If Rom flips scum after this, I think I might experience more shock than I ever have before in my entire mafia career. That's just ... On a whole 'nother level.

And I'll express that me and Drez seem to be more on the same page than I'd thought. I still think Drez is townie fwiw.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Thingy we post untill the flip when it is night then we don't post.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
No scum flip = Rom not being revealed as scum. When we refer to flips, we mean the reveal.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Actually no. Investigative should look into xCoco/Aykorn.

Protective, protect who you think is town.

Again, no need to target lonelsquid or slaking1 as they are going to be modkilled.
Remember this. ^

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
If three town flip, DO NOT VOTE because it will be LYLO. LYNCH OR LOSE. LAST CHANCE. GOT IT?

-insert updated votecount here when you get home african american-

a lynch has been reached!

Rom-Steïn, Vanilla Townie, has been lynched!

lonelyrollingsquid and slakingking1, Vanilla Townies, have spontaneously combusted!

Night 2 begins! Please send your actions in by Thursday, August 27th, at 11:59 PM EST! If Night actions are sent in earlier, the Night will end.

AND NO MORE POSTING!!!

nobody died.

AGAIN.

HOW BORING!!!

Day 3 begins! With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch! Deadline is set for September 2nd at 11:59 PM EST!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
...Now I'm really confused. But probably really happy? Let'see if I'm understanding this right...

Back on day 2, I was willing to believe that the mafia had been inactive though leaned toward a doctor or a roleblocker. xCoco convinced me that it might have been possible that with two inactives maybe the mafia wasn't putting in a kill because, from my previous understanding of the scum role, they voted and if one inactive didn't vote, maybe it didn't get in. That or time schedule issues as with Rom-Stein (who I'm not quite sure if I regret the death of [he was really confusing]).

But now, it's pretty clear we have a good roleblocker or doctor, seeing as the inactives have spontaneously combusted. So, any thoughts on night 2?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Today is the day we try our hardest to lynch correct, or lose the game.

Today, we will mass claim. Everyone out their information, so we can correctly narrow down the pool of scum.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
This is called popcorning, and you should have your scumread claim. Usually the most suspicious people claim first. (So that it is harder for them to claim a fake role)

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Hmm. Interesting. Then... I would like investigator-role (if we have one) to go next and roleclaim the people that they know to be what, if any people--that seems to clear the most people because they get a backup before they actually make the claim.

Anyway, if you want my scumread out, then I'll just post it now and try to provide as much reasoning based on memory:

Drez: Highest townie read because you really know what you're doing, pressure people into getting them to talk by asking the right questions. Doesn't mean you're not scum because you're smart enough to recognize the tactics and play them (i.e "played countless games") but you're still pretty clear in my book.

Thingy: Highest scum read. I still don't buy the whole Rom-Stein defense. I just didn't see any logic behind it and just pure gut instinct if anything. He's been almost totally reactive the whole game which is not a playstyle I buy from him (but accept that he's probably busy) so that's the reason there, but still... I just don't see the same logic as I did from him before. I'd need to go back and reread his posts to grab quotes but I think I've made my position clear and stand by it.

Aykorn: Null read. I recognize her posts are probably because she's new to how the game works, and I follow her logic when she presents it, but recognize that might just be because I know her. Anyway, I'm keeping her in null because of her slight inactivity and somewhat reactive play.

Boolerex: Even if you say that he's more scummy because of Rom's townie read, I still want to put Bool in null--even if I'm only slightly leaning scum. He's played on the reactive all game and I don't know how to feel about that. Honestly, I can't remember much of what he said throughout the game... I just don't remember much of it.

xCoco: Also busy with life, even claimed a vacation for a short bit. I can't say for sure because I remember less of what she said than any of the other players--I want to see her roleclaim the most, personally.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I mean the investigative would claim somewhere down the line anyway. We wouldn't vote before everyone claim, so the investigator claiming last (if that happens) wouldn't affect anything, only clearing some that may have claimed before him. This method puts pressure on who you think is scum to claim, when your method has everyone not say a thing and wait for a real power role to claim so that scum can adapt to it. Get it?

So I assume your popcorn is Thingy?

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Hm. Yes then. I don't think I quite get it, but maybe it'll become clearer in practice as many things do. I'd like Thingy to speak next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom