• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

Welcome to the third game of Mafia at Squidboards! Mafia is a fairly easy-to-learn game of strategy, debate, and deception that I’m sure you will all find fun and engaging. Mafia can get pretty complicated pretty quickly, but some of the most fun games use only the basics – lucky for you, as the most basic games are also the best way to learn and the easiest way to jump into a new hobby.

Now for the mechanics of the game. Mafia is divided into two alternating phases of "Day" and "Night". During the Day players are allowed to post within the thread, debate amongst each other, and most importantly, #vote for whom they would like to be lynched for that day. When a player has been voted for by a majority of the players, that player will be lynched and removed from the game! Following the players lynch, the game moderator will then reveal the player's alignment (Town, Mafia, Independent, etc.) and role to the rest of the players and Day will end. During the Night, the entire thread goes silent. However, Mafia will still be able to talk amongst themselves privately. Through private communication, they'll then be able to select one player to kill for the night, and - barring nothing prevents this action - the player will show up dead the following morning, having their alignment and role revealed. This process continues until either all of Mafia are eliminated through lynch, or Mafia eliminates enough players to have control over the town and its votes.

I've asked some friends who have volunteered to strive to play in a manner that is conducive to teaching – they will guide you through regular mafia logic and strategies; they will answer any questions that you might have about the way the game runs, explain common strategies, jargon or acronyms; and most importantly they will be polite and friendly. That said; do not expect them to go easy on you! They will play to win, but in a friendly manner. If they are town, they will try to lynch whom they think are mafia; if they are mafia, they will try to get the town to lynch each other. But they are here to explain the game and any questions you might have.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules
1. No communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread, unless your Role PM states otherwise.
2. No faking or quoting of mod communication.
3. No editing or deleting posts.
4. No ciphers, code, metadata or other similar encryption devices. This includes liking posts after death.
5. One "bah" post is allowed after death.
6. A (no) lynch will occur when a majority of bolded ##votes is reached. Twilight starts after hammer; players may speak during this period. Example of voting: ##Vote: African American, ##Vote: JeXs, etc.
7. Days generally last 5 days (120 hours) days or until a lynch. Nights generally last 24 hours or until all Night actions are sent in.
8. Post at least once every 24 hours or you will receive a prod for activity. Multiple prods will result in forced replacement or modkill.
9. Modkills will end Day only for town-aligned players.
10. Failure to send in action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken. Failure for mafia to send in their factional Night kill will result in the Night kill being randomized.

Last edited:
Mafia 3 Sign Up's:

1. xCoco
2. lonelyrollingsquad
3. ReedRGale
4. Aykorn
5. Thingyman
6. Platypudding
7. Boolerex
8. slakingking1
9. Rom-Stein

Last edited:

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
... I wanna join but I...
Do I do this to myself

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Dang. I wish I could play, but I've gotta go on holiday for two weeks on thursday. Good luck to all who do tho :)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
This looks fun, and I recognize enough faces. I'll join!

Thingyman

Inkling
I'm in.

Ping me on Mafia Universe or Skype (thingyman) if I forget about this.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
You shouldn't trust anybody until there's good reason to. That's mafia. Walking into the game with a bias that we are mafia is just as dangerous as walking in with the bias that we are town. In short, good luck, play smart however it plays out. ;)

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
(I'm joking I just mean I'll be weary of you guys @Thingyman man was a super good town the last game I played with him)

Platypudding

Full Squid
I love mafia! I was wanting to set one of these up myself but it seems you've taken care of it! sign me up.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
I liked mah first game even through I didn't lasted long,so count me in!

btw @all mafia newcomers, feel free to ask any questions about the mechanics and the fundamentals of mafia! i think pre game is the best time to do so, since during the game the focus is going to be on playing the game at hand, lol. i was going to post some helpful links from mafia lingo to a nifty little walkthrough, but squidboards doesnt want me to post links, so if youre interested hit me up on skype (gorditoboy69) and ill direct you to some cool links!

im probably going to close signups after one more player joins. as soon as i do that, ill decide on and (possibly) announce the setup and get the game rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom