• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

bluecrow

Senior Squid
Ok, was able to actually see it by zooming out.

Man, the Bamboozler is weird. I feel like they are trying to say the subs and special are suppose to be it's more downside. I mean, it has more range than the Squiffer, so I'm guessing you use either the Squiffer or bambozzler for different subs and specials. The New Squiffer's inkzooka and the Classic one's Bubbler are really good.
but disruptor though, there's so much utility on it. I might have to try it out

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I hate that Neo Splash-o-matic has Burst Bombs but The Inkzooka is real nice.
Yeah the burst bombs don't really excite me either. I've seen people make excellent use of them online though, as more of a melee weapon, so we'll see.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
There are a lot of blasters upcoming. I'm curious to see how they will perform.

Neo-Splash-O-Matic sounds interesting on paper, but Tentatek will still beat it, just because Suction Bomb is the better sub.

Last edited:

Lord Retardus

Inkling
NNID
Returdus
Super hyped for the Octobrush. That range is delicious, and the Beakons and Kraken mean it'll probably carve a decent niche in Ranked as a scouting weapon (as opposed to the Inkbrush's stealthier, sprinklier approach) with the capacity for tower/splat zone capture in an emergency.

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
Yeah the burst bombs don't really excite me either. I've seen people make excellent use of them online though, as more of a melee weapon, so we'll see.
The Splash-O-Matic is much better than the Tentatek for speed. The burst bombs compliment the decent ink consumption rate of the weapon since they're cheap. I think the burst bombs will compliment the main weapon better in kill speed, than the vanilla splash's suction bombs... I personally love suction bomb rush too much to get rid of it, for the inkzooka but the neo variant seems much better suited for splatting and combat in general.

AnchorTea

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
AnchorageTea
Dramatically different forms of the normal sized Roller and for the Inkbrush, but non for the Dynamo Roller. Thanks Obama.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Ok, was able to actually see it by zooming out.

Man, the Bamboozler is weird. I feel like they are trying to say the subs and special are suppose to be it's more downside. I mean, it has more range than the Squiffer, so I'm guessing you use either the Squiffer or bambozzler for different subs and specials. The New Squiffer's inkzooka and the Classic one's Bubbler are really good.
Here is the thing that you have to understand about this charger: It will NOT one shot on full charge. The whole reason it is going to have stats this good is because it is giving up the one shot mechanic. Remember what its file name was ( wst_charge_light00.png ), and that the Rapid Blaster's file name was (
wst_shot_explight00.png )? The word "light" has huge amount of significance here because it explains a core part of the mechanics of these weapons. Light means soft! The Bamboozler is the soft charger while the Rapid Blaster is the soft blaster. In return for sacrificing their one shot mechanic, they gain vastly superior stats compared to their counterparts. But as we all shall remember with the Rapid Blaster, having vastly superior stats may not be worth losing something that made you unique and powerful on the inside.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Updated the chart so it doesn't stretch to the whole page and removed da Octobrush and NZAP '89. Gonna make a chart of all the weapons sorted by Catalogue later today.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
just noticed, you put the subs and specials in the wrong parts of the table for the H-3 Nozzlenose D

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I'm really interested in this bad boy:

The sub-weapon and special is right up my alley as a CSSJR user, so I'm curious to see how this weapon plays in comparison.

It almost looks like a bazooka. o_o

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Seeing how powerful the Bamboozler's stats are (All stats are greater than the Squiffer, it has godly Charge and Mobility) and it has good specials, I feel it must have some sort of weakness. Whether it is monstrous ink consumption, poor ink spread, or multiple shots to splat, there is likely some weakness.

Then again, the Carbon Roller Deco exists.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
If you look in the beginning of the single player trailer, you'll see that the rapid blaster has a ridiculously big trigger guard, which they reused on the rapid blaster pro.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Seeing how powerful the Bamboozler's stats are (All stats are greater than the Squiffer, it has godly Charge and Mobility) and it has good specials, I feel it must have some sort of weakness. Whether it is monstrous ink consumption, poor ink spread, or multiple shots to splat, there is likely some weakness.

Then again, the Carbon Roller Deco exists.
Here is the thing that you have to understand about this charger: It will NOT one shot on full charge. The whole reason it is going to have stats this good is because it is giving up the one shot mechanic. Remember what its file name was ( wst_charge_light00.png ), and that the Rapid Blaster's file name was (
wst_shot_explight00.png )? The word "light" has huge amount of significance here because it explains a core part of the mechanics of these weapons. Light means soft! The Bamboozler is the soft charger while the Rapid Blaster is the soft blaster. In return for sacrificing their one shot mechanic, they gain vastly superior stats compared to their counterparts. But as we all shall remember with the Rapid Blaster, having vastly superior stats may not be worth losing something that made you unique and powerful on the inside

Thebluehero

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
YoloSwaggie
I'm SO excited for the Inkbrush Noveau! Just a few hours ago I was thinking "I wish there was an Inkbrush with a bubbler, that would be awesome!" but I totally forgot that that's going to be a thing! Also, the Ink Mine is pretty good too, but burst bombs would have been better to give it a ranged option. I can tell I am just going to LOVE the Inkbrush Noveau!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Pretty cool stuff! I'm not sure how I feel about Nintendo keeping finished content in unreleased until later, but I do know it's to keep people interested until August. Honestly though, can't wait.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Pretty cool stuff! I'm not sure how I feel about Nintendo keeping finished content in unreleased until later, but I do know it's to keep people interested until August. Honestly though, can't wait.
It's because Nintendo wanted the game to he released before E3, but the content wasn't finished before release, so they locked it and decided to release it down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom